Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 269250 times)

Offline Vince in Milwaukee

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
I enjoy a nice cold Tecate about twice a week.  Could it be the memories of the girlfriend I had in Tijuana in my younger days? 
1984 Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans III, 1986 California II
Gone but not forgotten:
1969 Moto Guzzi Ambo, 1994 BMW K75RTw/ABS, 1996 BMW R1100RT, and 1993 BMW K75

norCal Randy

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 02:09:23 PM »
I should have known there were a bunch of beer snobs here.   I drink Miller High Life in the winter and Moto Guzzi Draft (MGD) in the summer, mainly.   :-*

SinNH

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »
Red necks, white socks,, and Blue Ribbon beer .   ;D

Best on draft.

Offline stEVe

• Gaggle Mentor
  • speed safe!
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »
Just can't acquire a taste for Guiness.  Bass, XX Dos Amber, Tecate, (no limes please!) .  Lately- Budweiser Select!
Steve Parendo

98 HD&M EV- mine
01 Jackal     - Luanne's
07 Norge    - mine
08 Goldwing - Luanne's
08 Cal Vintage- mine
ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILI NIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMOMT NENVNMNYNCNDOHOKORP ASCSDTNTXUTVAWAWVWI WYsm

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:34 PM »

Offline stEVe

• Gaggle Mentor
  • speed safe!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 02:34:45 PM »
NFL eh?  I like it!  Been wondering about the best way of telling them to keep it!  If you gotta stick a lime in it to make it drinkable, get something else.
Steve Parendo

98 HD&M EV- mine
01 Jackal     - Luanne's
07 Norge    - mine
08 Goldwing - Luanne's
08 Cal Vintage- mine
ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILI NIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMOMT NENVNMNYNCNDOHOKORP ASCSDTNTXUTVAWAWVWI WYsm

Offline TOMB

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:29 PM »
BRADOR . FROM QUEBEC CANADA
TOMB

CENTRAL CONNECTICUT
1972 Eldorado new to me so "0" miles so far
1972 AMBASSADOR 169000 MILES
1978 G5 170000 MILES
1973 V7 SPORT 25000 MILES
1973 ELDORADO 300000+ MILES
1980 CX100 50 MILES
1976 CONVERT-62000 MILES AND BUILDING
1976 HONDA CB400F 27 MILES AND BUILDING SOLD

MGNOC # 2723

AZ_Tim

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »
Well, I cant get involved in this one!  You see my problem was anything with alcohol in it was fair game.  ALL THE TIME!!   Not no more though.  One day at a time!  :D

Way to go Bob!  More power to you!  ;) :)

There was a line in the movie "Tender Mercies" where the gal says to Robert Duvall:  "I don't think drinkin' gets you anywhere."  So true!  8)

Offline dee g

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »
Room temp Guinness. 

Offline Texas Turnip

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 03:16:00 PM »
Texas Pride on sale for $.99 a six pack. Pour a two cans in a big glass, add a slug of Tabasco and a raw egg. Drink it before the egg hits the bottom.

Fortunately, 20 years ago I choose between being a full time drunk or riding a Moto Guzzi sober. It is fine with me if you drink. It is no fun going to funerals, so be responsible.

Ken

Offline Greg Field

• Gaggle Hero
  • The Signs Foretell the Rise of a Guzzi Lama . . .
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2006, 03:47:52 PM »
Seattle has so many fine micro-breweries that the best beer available often depends on what neighborhood you are in. The stuff brewed right around hte corner from your barstool is usually the best in the bar.

That said, the best of the lot is Diamond Knot IPA. If there's a better beer in the world, I have never experienced it.

I have lived where breweries are few, and I pity all of you who have to live that way . . .

yaledriver

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »
We did the whole single malt scotch thing - but I am betting that we all drink way more beer than anything else.
To that length...

What is your favorite beer?

For many years mine was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... but then I put on 30 lbs.
Now, I regularly buy Harp, Bass and Grolsch.
But my favorite these days, I'd have to say, is Grolsch.

Well, I cant get involved in this one!  You see my problem was anything with alcohol in it was fair game.  ALL THE TIME!!   Not no more though.  One day at a time!  :D
Well Bob I know from wence you come and I after twenty some odd years I will have a beer It has to be realy cold and anything over two compleatly bloats me  ;D but the real downer is the fact that I will not ride my Billybob after drinking any alchahol PERIOD!!

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 04:00:26 PM »
We're not beer snobs, but life is too short for bad beer.  If its made with corn or rice, it isn't really beer... :D

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a "readily available" favorite of mine, but Wet Mountain IPA from the Mi Amici brew pub in Salida Colorado is my favorite American beer.

Favorite German Beer, Paulaner Salvator
Favortie English/Irish beer, Young's ESB
Favorite beer, Augustin Blonde brewed by Van Steenberg Brewery, Ertvelde, Belgium (hard to find in the USA)  
Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Online gwensp

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »
MMMMMM Beer ( wonder when the Doughut thread will start ;) )

Me I like Hobgoblin, Theakston's Old Peculiar, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and I have become partial to some really cheap German beer we get over in a store called Lidls ( cant remember the name of the beer but it is dirt cheep). Of course it takes a fair bit to beat a good Guiness

Im really looking forward to the Scottish rally here to try some of this Jacobite 8% stuff that Traquair Brewer makes
http://www.traquair.co.uk/brewery.html
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" Rear Admiral Grace Hopper USN
GwenSP
2022 V100S Mandello
2021 V7 850 Stone
83 Spada NT

Cardiff/Caerdydd
Wales/Cymru

Online gwensp

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 04:06:54 PM »

Carlsberg Elephant, in Denmark

Jeez that stuff is lethal Ragnar. I remember having 2 1/2 of the dumpy bottles then rapidly sliding of my bar stool into a gibbering wreck on the floor. Ahhhh happy days  ;)
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission" Rear Admiral Grace Hopper USN
GwenSP
2022 V100S Mandello
2021 V7 850 Stone
83 Spada NT

Cardiff/Caerdydd
Wales/Cymru

lbdoc

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »
A GOOD HARVEY'S FOR ME ...A LOCAL SUSSEX BREW

grizo

« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 04:23:36 PM »
I, as a general rule, don't like beer, but there is at least one exception that I've found:

Fat Tire.

Unfortunatly, they don't ship east of the Mississippi, so if anyone's heading down I75 on FL from west of the river, give me a PM. :D

Eldo in the Weeds

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 04:29:56 PM »
Shiner Bach and St Arnold's are great.

Offline c_galardi

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »
Boulevard Pale Ale, brewed in Kansas City.  Actually all of the Boulevard Ales are great!
Chris Galardi
Ormond Beach, FL, USA
2009 Stelvio 1200
2015 V7 Special
2008 Norge 1200

norCal Randy

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 04:56:27 PM »
I, as a general rule, don't like beer, but there is at least one exception that I've found:

Fat Tire.

Unfortunatly, they don't ship east of the Mississippi, so if anyone's heading down I75 on FL from west of the river, give me a PM. :D

1 of my sons swears by Fat Tire(or is it Bicycle Tire).  It's OK, IMHO, but I drink beer more for the buzz than it's taste.  However, I prefer smoother tasting beers.  I went to a beer tasting day @ Calistoga?(Napa Valley) years ago where I could try whatever I wanted for $20.  I liked a smooth wheat beer there best, but like I say,  it's the buzz that I'm really looking for.  I like to ride after 2-3 beers.  Makes things more enjoyable, IMHO.   ;)

Offline mphcycles

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »
Shiner Bach and St Arnold's are great.

Cant argue with logic like that. think globally, drink locally.
St Arnies makes a true nectar of the gods IPA called Elyssa .
Shiner bock is a Texans birthright. Stiff of legends.
Fat tire is usually in the fridge too.
If you can find Omegang, get some. Best of the Belgians I have sampled.

Mike Haven
MPH Cycles
16510 Park Row
Houston, Texas 77084
832 557 7214
www.mphcycles.com
 (Please just email me ,  I dont PM)

Offline pat manning

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »
Guinness. Almost anything else tastes like it was brewed through a horse. 8)
Homer Glen, IL.
'01 Jackal "the best looking black Jackal in the known universe"
Moto Guzzi Wrist Watch #005

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »

What is your favorite beer?

For many years mine was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale... but then I put on 30 lbs.

Is that what caused it?!!!   ;D

Ever tried Abbot Ale (English)?

Ragnar

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2006, 06:01:09 PM »
This thread is bringing back some good memories,
Bishop's Finger, lovely, especially on draught but hard to find, more often in bottles. Managed 6 pints one night, but got taken home.
Harveys, always go to the pub down the road for Harvey's Old Ale, at a rally in Eastbourne.

I will be at the Scottish Rally, but if that Jacobite Ale is 8%, I am going to treat that with a lot of respect. I prefer to slide gracefully to the floor than collapsing in a heap.

Offline Porterhouse

• GRiSO / Stelvio - A One and-a Two
  • Gaggle Mentor
  • GRiSO, he speaks to you, no?
    • the GRiSO ghetto
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2006, 06:04:25 PM »
I'll second what Greg F. said about Seattle.  We have a lot of interesting choices around here, but I have to say that me two perrenial favorites come from my days spent in S.F.  I have a warm spot in my belly for Anchor Steam beer and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

As of late, I've been enjoying the heck out of some fine Belgian ales like Madshus, Tripel Carmaliet, Chimay Blue label, Delerium Tremens and La Fin du Monde (Canada's version).  The downside is that all that delicious yeast wreaks havoc on my innards.

Can't go wrong with the Duwamish Manhattan though...

GRiSOghetto - all GRiSO, all the time...  |  Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue - RIP my best friend...

Offline Porterhouse

• Gaggle Mentor
    • the GRiSO ghetto
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »
This thread is bringing back some good memories,
Bishop's Finger, lovely, especially on draught but hard to find, more often in bottles. Managed 6 pints one night, but got taken home.
Harveys, always go to the pub down the road for Harvey's Old Ale, at a rally in Eastbourne.

I will be at the Scottish Rally, but if that Jacobite Ale is 8%, I am going to treat that with a lot of respect. I prefer to slide gracefully to the floor than collapsing in a heap.

This reminds me of a German brew I drank occasionally at university, Erst Kulmbacher something-or-other...  EKU 28 - That stuff would knock your dick in the dirt!

GRiSOghetto - all GRiSO, all the time...  |  Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue - RIP my best friend...

phil

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2006, 06:13:55 PM »

Bishop's Finger, lovely, especially on draught but hard to find, more often in bottles.

I prefer to slide gracefully to the floor than collapsing in a heap.

B.F. on draught ... i'd think i was dead and had gone to heaven - wish you could get it round here

norCal Randy

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2006, 06:14:33 PM »
I'll second what Greg F. said about Seattle.  We have a lot of interesting choices around here, but I have to say that me two perrenial favorites come from my days spent in S.F.  I have a warm spot in my belly for Anchor Steam beer and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

As of late, I've been enjoying the heck out of some fine Belgian ales like Madshus, Tripel Carmaliet, Chimay Blue label, Delerium Tremens and La Fin du Monde (Canada's version).  The downside is that all that delicious yeast wreaks havoc on my innards.

Can't go wrong with the Duwamish Manhattan though...

YUCHHH............. ....Anchor Steam is soooo nasty !!   I have a BMW friend that swears by that stuff, and unfortuntely 1 day it was my only option.  ::)   SNPA isn't that smooth either, IMHO.   :P

Norbert Noguz

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2006, 06:14:41 PM »
Beer does seem popular over here.  

For me I enjoy a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a Guinness Extra Stout, or an Anchor Steam or Anchor Liberty Ale.  Almost any beer can hit the spot sometimes.  I don't drink as much of it as I used to, and I usually have a glass or two of local red wine with dinner, then try to call it quits.  Gettin old you know, if affects the sleep in a negative fashion if I drink too much.  

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2006, 06:26:25 PM »
This is one of my favorites. http://www.arrogantbastard.com/
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline Porterhouse

• Gaggle Mentor
    • the GRiSO ghetto
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2006, 06:26:54 PM »

1 of my sons swears by Fat Tire(or is it Bicycle Tire).  It's OK, IMHO, but I drink beer more for the buzz than it's taste.  However, I prefer smoother tasting beers.  I went to a beer tasting day @ Calistoga?(Napa Valley) years ago where I could try whatever I wanted for $20.  I liked a smooth wheat beer there best, but like I say,  it's the buzz that I'm really looking for.  I like to ride after 2-3 beers.  Makes things more enjoyable, IMHO.   ;)

As if you would know a good beer if it weren't pissed down your throat...

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here