Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
P.S.—I just got ahold of a V7 III (470 lb), and while I haven’t ridden for more than two miles yet, I find it feels more nimble than the V7 II (~440 lb). I’m assuming this due to the lessened rake and trail. I MIGHT actually stop whining about the weight (probably not).

That's funny because I'm convinced my MKI turns in more quickly and feels more nimble than my MKIII.

Now it's subjective, so I could be bat-shyte crazy but this is based on years or back-to-back riding at this point.

I've mentioned before that the MKI sometimes feels a little twitchy at times because it's so quick to fall in to turns.

Oh, as for height and all that, I mean, perhaps age/strength is an issue, but Jenn is 5' 4" and doesn't have an issue with our V7III PLUS a passenger.

And I’m 5’ 8”, 150 lb. We may be on the *slightly* smaller end of the demographic, but it’s still within average. Don’t sell yourself short or I reckon many of our (shorter on average) female riders will be playing their tiny violins in concert for you, haha.

Nevertheless, best of luck with your choosing—the small blocks share a LOT in common with one another through the years (and ditto with the big blocks, and while I think there is more awareness, knowledge, and support of the internals/tinkerings amongst big block ownership, I wouldn’t count out any Guzzi.

P.S.—I just got ahold of a V7 III (470 lb), and while I haven’t ridden for more than two miles yet, I find it feels more nimble than the V7 II (~440 lb). I’m assuming this due to the lessened rake and trail. I MIGHT actually stop whining about the weight (probably not).
Well, the $4k range should buy just about any single throttle body smallblock, and frankly (whether I like it or not) I would think it might buy some early 1TB models too like my 2013 MKI V7 Stone (not that I would sell it, but I've seen others).

The Baby Breva is neat if you're into the riding position. But I'm biased and prefer the 1TB motor for sure.

Oh, as for height and all that, I mean, perhaps age/strength is an issue, but Jenn is 5' 4" and doesn't have an issue with our V7III PLUS a passenger.

If you're under 65 and in reasonably good shape an EV should be fine for 5-10 years.
You should be able to find a 2015+ V7 for $4000. Last year you could have bought a new one for $6200.
For a small d00d?

Breva 750 is the best all-arounder. 

I'd put the Nevada in second place. 

Then any version of the V7 Classics line.

On the CAL EV, you may find the weight and the seat height (along with the floorboards and weird rear brake lever) a little intimidating.  Or at least, difficult to manage.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 07:25:55 AM »
I didnt know Stihl makes electric power washers. Their biggest electric unit the "100" series seems pretty nice at a $300. price.  A bit more pressure would be nice, but 2000 psi isnt bad.
Rick.

For over 35 years they have had them in the US.
I have an early RE90 and it works great for most everything. I do the boat, cars, bikes etc. A big gas will tear things up if not careful.
I also have a 4000 PSI commercial unit with a 21" rotary. The rotary head is the only way to clean a driveway. But, you can rent a big gas when you need one.
I have a cheaper Kartcher electric in Az that was my dads. It's a POS but because it was his I have tolerted it. The Stihl might be a few bucks more but you really get your moneys worth. JMHO!
General Discussion / Big Block vs. Small Block for Lollipop Guild Member
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 07:25:25 AM »
Hi, all:

After getting tons of great advice and input

HERE (https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=113701.0)
and HERE (https://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=113983.0)

I was influenced by a bunch of scooter nuts and wound up scratching my Italian re-entry itch with this little baby:

While it is pretty much perfect for MOST of the riding I do (commuting and 35-45mph two-lane), I still want something longer-legged, and I want that thing to be a used Guzzi.

Helped your wisdom in those previous threads, I've deduced that the short answer is V7. The problem is that they are too expensive. I'm looking to spend (well?) less than $4K.

That has me looking at Nevadas and Baby Brevas, because I am a very tall man (for the Middle Ages). At 5'8"/160, I think the Californias would be a handful, but I could be wrong...?

My reservation about the small blocks is that they are much more rare, and I wonder if the support is there for them the way it seems to be for the Calis?

These two bikes are examples of what I'm trying to decide between.

An overpriced Nevada that looks to be in good shape. (Seeing it on Friday.)
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1086334275926965

And a lovely EV that's had the recall done, but might be too big for me.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/627835506165734/

What family of bikes do you think represents the best value in a true generalist (for a small dude)?  :grin:
General Discussion / Re: Inner Tubes - what model?
« Last post by kingoffleece on Today at 06:30:10 AM »
Absolutely what be just said.
General Discussion / Re: Pressure washer recomendations,gas or electric?
« Last post by Cam3512 on Today at 05:52:13 AM »
Rick,

Over the last couple years I’ve move to electric on all my outdoor equipment.  Powerwasher (plug in), lawn mower, weed wacker, blower, small chain saw, etc.  Most are Dewalt with interchangeable batteries.  I was fed up with trying to start the gas powered stuff after sitting in the shed for 5 months.  No regrets.  We still have winter out here.

Cam

General Discussion / Re: Bought it
« Last post by MCR on Today at 05:29:59 AM »
Thanks for the help.

I went ahead, even though I could smell burning/hot oil when I got close to the heads.

Three owners in 11,400 miles, with the last one doing just 300, suggests there is something wrong.

So far I’ve discovered a major leak from what appears to be the rocker box breather on the left cylinder.

Will a new clamp fix it, or will I need to pull the tank and replace both.

Thanks.  :-)

I solved replacing both pipes not with the expensive originals but with two bigger siliconic pipes inverting the left and right connection to filter box. The originals are tight and are crossed due to installation process. If you have more free time than in Guzzi production line, you can create more efficient and robust solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here