Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: '07 Norge instrument display hell
« Last post by drdwb on March 27, 2024, 06:06:48 PM »
I’ve had the same problem on my 07 Norge for the 9 years I’ve owned it, cleaned the switches several times, the problem crops up when I want to set the clock,which I’ve now given up trying. It was a choice between seeing the trip meter both A and B or having a clock. I now disconnect the bike battery wait several minutes and start over after reconnecting the bike battery, I know there is a battery in the dash, which has never been changed, and perhaps if that was also removed or changed I’d regain function, but I’ve learned to live with it as is.
General Discussion / Re: Performance air filters for V100
« Last post by bad Chad on March 27, 2024, 05:17:54 PM »
Generally, the big filter companies will make filters equal or better than the Guzzi part number, at a much lower price.
« Last post by GuzziOrDeath on March 27, 2024, 05:04:40 PM »

I understand why you're asking.

Stock V100 air filter is stupidly overpriced.  €66/£72/$110AUD/$70USD. Thanks, Piaggio. It's the same type as in a CARC bike or Aprilia, but has two dimples in it. Why so expensive?

I suppose if you can afford a €15000/£16000/$27000AUD/$17500USD then they reckon the basic service parts should be of the same magnitude.  :violent1:

@Fitzig23, don't do it. The rock strainer "sports" filters will eventually destroy your very expensive ETB's. Remember, you've got two of them.

« Last post by Gliderjohn on March 27, 2024, 04:54:49 PM »
My 2.5 cents worth...
I would not mess with a modern bike's airbox and filter. They have it down to a fine art now. That said I have run K&Ns on my T-3 since 1989 and in that time includes 16 years of living three miles off pavement. Have never found any signs of problems from it. Keep them cleaned and oiled.
GliderJohn
« Last post by Bisbee on March 27, 2024, 04:23:52 PM »
This is simple physics. If the oil/gauze flows more air  then it is less restrictive. Every engineering article I have read says the oil gauze will not filter small particles as well as the paper filters. Your choice - more power - probably in your mind, or more protection for your motor.
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: 76 Convert Restoration
« Last post by Dave Swanson on March 27, 2024, 02:55:23 PM »
I'm thinking if I leave the center raw it will hold dirt and be difficult to clean.  I will spray it with clear or silver paint.  This should make it much easier to was the grime off. 
Bike Builds, Rebuilds And Restorations Only / Re: 76 Convert Restoration
« Last post by Canuck750 on March 27, 2024, 02:47:18 PM »
Wow, I thought I had seen some rough wheels!!

Great job saving them.
General Discussion / Re: 2024 V85 TT merged threadfest
« Last post by Ed / AF1 Racing on March 27, 2024, 01:03:53 PM »
Hallo Ed,
will the new, small Strada front fender fit on E4/E5 models?

be very shocked if it didnt fit, all looks like the same mounting

General Discussion / Re: Oh, the irony
« Last post by tommy2cyl on March 27, 2024, 12:58:45 PM »
I am making at least a partial transition to a smaller bike.  Still love my V85 which is my 'big bike" for long rides and touring.  Nothing out there
temps me to make a change.  If I did, my big bike would probably end up being a 650.  Just took delivery of the Triumph Scrambler 400 X
for my "go out and have fun for a couple hours bike."  I think my research paid off because this little guy is going to be a joy.  Very early days
and just doing break in miles, but it is meeting my expectations.  Riding rapid (relative) on this small bike is bringing big grins.
Fond memories of the Ducati 900 SS & Triumph Speed Triple, but everything in it's own time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here