Author Topic: New Project Bike  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
Re: New Project Bike
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »
The screen is a National Cycle F15 Touring that I had laying around. May have to get a F15 sport to swap out for shorter warm weather riding.

And the charcoal canister and a few hoses fell off (with a little help) last night.

At a little over 550 mile I'll do a an oil change tonight and hoping to get it over to the Ozarks the end of the week for a shakedown run in the twisties.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »
looks like nice weather this weekend for a change
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Darren Williams

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2018, 09:09:32 AM »
Well, dang it! At around 600 miles I did an oil change last night and I had bought several gallon bottles of 10w60 oil and filters and Amsoil gear lube several years ago when I had the 1200 Sport and the 2013 Stelvio.  Everything went really well until I tried to pot the new filter on. I had no idea they changed the sump, and filter length, in the 2015 model years.   :angry:
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline Darren Williams

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »
Well, just completed about a 600 mile overnight trip to the Ozarks. The bike is fitted with a sport touring windshield, throttle lock, and GPS mount and power source. I put on medium size soft saddle bags and a tail bag on the back seat. Took more than I needed to test it out. And I can't forget, I put my air hawk on the seat. I have a buddy that has a little bit smaller windscreen he is going to give me and I might like that a bit better, as the one on there now (a National Cycle F15 Touring).

The small tank size still bugs me. I do wish they could have made the tank a bit taller to squeeze in another gallon, but my wife actually likes it better because she was with me on her FJ09 and it has a 180 mile usable range. The Griso only has about a 150 usable range (with my riding conditions) so she didn't have to worry about me running her out.  :thewife:

I will say this bike will sport tour just fine and especially seemed to like the Ozark roads! The FJR will still be the long distance bike but this Griso is definitely a fun sport tourer.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2018, 06:38:45 PM »

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2018, 08:05:14 PM »
Darren, were you wearing britches this time when you were riding or wearing shorts like other day?

John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Darren Williams

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 08:45:40 PM »
Full mesh armored riding jacket and pants. I was sport touring!

Offline Darren Williams

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2018, 09:03:00 AM »
OK, 2700 miles at 1 month ownership. Couple of Ozark weekend runs and a bunch of local riding, including commuter duty. I'm leaning towards regularly taking the Griso over the BMW or the Yamahas (probably just the still new thing).

I traded in the Thruxton for this and can say that while I really liked that bike, I want to ride this one much more. And I still just stop and stare at it before walking away. My wife said I am "twitterpated", whatever that means.

Here are a couple shot of it in Sport Touring mode.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
The bike certainly photographs better from the right side.   :evil:
John L 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here