Author Topic: Looking for a Stelvio...  (Read 5473 times)

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
Re: Looking for a Stelvio...
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »
I'm about to go under the knife again, (Damn you Abigail Carruthers!)
Pete

Bugger. She does have a lot to answer for. :evil:

The fact that you were a horny young buck not looking where he was going should not really come in to it; the fact she ignored your sacrifice is inexcusable. :rolleyes:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

pete roper

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »
Just as an addendum to this thread AF1 currently have a 2012 NTX on the floor at a very attractive $7,499. I was seriously looking at this as it has luggage and alloy wheels, in fact it was everything I was looking for. So I got in contact with Micah and he confirmed to me, with pics, it's a roller top end machine! Someone snap it up before I give in to temptation.......

Pete

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
Re: !!!
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 06:32:03 PM »

First time we went states side we were luckily upgraded to a Mustang - I was a very happy boy  :thumb: - The only way it could have been better if it had been a V8  :evil:

I've been "upgraded" to a Mustang a couple times when renting cars.  I hate those things.

Looking out of the windshield is like looking through a pillbox slit, or driving a tank by using the periscope.    No visibility at all - I'd be changing lanes into people or running over things I couldn't see every few miles.

Anything but that ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

pete roper

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
We did the Mustang thang about ten years ago on Jude's first US trip.

It must of been a long time ago as she was still colouring her hair! That's long fallen by the wayside! :grin: That car was hilarious! We called it the 'Gaystang' it was so monstrously, well, Gay! It was golden and had a stupid LED/LCD dashboard that could change to a whole range of 'Rainbow' colours, you could understand how it ended up being a hire car! Nobody in their right mind would want to buy a vehicle that so obviously advertised that you were on the trawl for a bit of bumsex! It was a hoot!

As a car it was a great disappointment! A great wallowing Turd of a thing with some miserable little V6 in it! To tell you the truth I think I'd prefer a Hyundai!  :evil:

Pete

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »

I'm about to go under the knife again, (Damn you Abigail Carruthers!)

Pete

Who the heck is Abigail Carruthers?!?  :huh:
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 07:23:45 PM »
Who the heck is Abigail Carruthers?!?  :huh:

Keep your head in the game, son..  :smiley: Abigaile was the girl with the.. uh.. big  boomba boombas that Pete was ogling when he ran his bike into a car and lost a.. oh, never mind..  :grin:
Of course, I've never done anything stupid like that. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

pete roper

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »
Yes. I'm afraid to say Chuck speaks the truth.

I was waving at her chest back in 1973 and failed to notice the car in front of me had stopped. I used my nutsack as a sort of primitive air-bag on the back of the fuel tank of my moped and 'Exit testicle stage left!'. Since then, well, let's just say it's caused some problems.

The unkindest cut of all was even after sacrificing all I did I never even got a 'Mercy Grope'! The girl had a heart of stone!

Pete

Offline Demar

• Hooper drives the boat Chief.
  • Gaggle Hero
  • There's someone in my head but it's not me.
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 11:37:52 PM »
'Exit testicle stage left!'.
Pete

Were you able to get it back?

Back in college I was skiing with a friend who rented skis with Burt bindings. Those bindings had a flat plate the boot clipped into and a second plate on the ski held together by a cable. The premise it that it let the ski completely disengage with the foot to lessen a potential knee injury as it let the ski windmill around. And that it did. Frank fell and was sitting crosslegged when I skied up to him, his hands cupping his groin and covered in blood. I asked what happened and he said "I think I split a nut." Sure enough, the ski tip whipped around, cut through his jeans, underwear and a portion of scrotum. 12 stitches to close. The doctor came out to the waiting room and when I asked how Frank was doing the doctor said... "He's a very lucky boy. He peeled the grape without hurting the meat inside."   :grin:
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:48:45 PM by Demar »
I'd much rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

2012 MG Stelvio NTX
2010 Bonneville T100
1953 Galletto 175

Offline Paul Brooking

• Gosling
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »
Not quite as visceral ... but

Many years ago I was a relatively novice skier getting towed up the hill's Black Diamond Run on a T-Bar. The fellow on the other side of the T-Bar was even greener than me !

He decided to sit down on the t-bar and promptly fell off. The bar went under my jacket, jumper and t-shirt (No modern Gor-tex then) and proceeded to drag me up the hill.

All I could hear was some woman yelling from the bottom of the lift, "Let it Go". Meanwhile I am rapidly losing consciousness due to the clothing strangling me.

I only just managed to get my hands to the clothing around my neck and ripped it in half allowing the T-bar to continue on and me to collapse 1/2 way up the slope, my Jacket, Jumper and T-shirt continued on with the T-Bar.

I caught my breath and skied down the slope bare chested and was promptly taken to the First-Aid station to get 4 or 5 stitches in a gaping wound on my back caused by the T-bar, I hadn't even noticed the pain or the blood.

All this time the local TV Station was filming the opening of the season and had my bare chested, blood streaming downhill run in the can.

You can guess what led the TV news that night.

The ski company was pretty good about it, picking up all my medicals, supplying me with new clothing and a upgraded lift pass for that year and the following one.

First time on a Black Diamond run was certainly a memorable one.

Were you able to get it back?

Back in college I was skiing with a friend who rented skis with Burt bindings. Those bindings had a flat plate the boot clipped into and a second plate on the ski held together by a cable. The premise it that it let the ski completely disengage with the foot to lessen a potential knee injury as it let the ski windmill around. And that it did. Frank fell and was sitting crosslegged when I skied up to him, his hands cupping his groin and covered in blood. I asked what happened and he said "I think I split a nut." Sure enough, the ski tip whipped around, cut through his jeans, underwear and a portion of scrotum. 12 stitches to close. The doctor came out to the waiting room and when I asked how Frank was doing the doctor said... "He's a very lucky boy. He peeled the grape without hurting the meat inside."   :grin:

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2018, 12:14:28 AM »

The unkindest cut of all was even after sacrificing all I did I never even got a 'Mercy Grope'! The girl had a heart of stone!

You need to get into politics to get those!!!     :rolleyes:
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 02:40:00 AM »
We did the Mustang thang about ten years ago on Jude's first US trip.

.........As a car it was a great disappointment! A great wallowing Turd of a thing with some miserable little V6 in it! To tell you the truth I think I'd prefer a Hyundai!  :evil:

Pete

Ours was a fantastic metallic blue and coming from an 1100 Mk1 Fiesta/1994 E30 BMW estate  IIRC at the time I was in 7th heaven
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2018, 02:47:57 AM »
Yes. I'm afraid to say Chuck speaks the truth.

I was waving at her chest back in 1973 and failed to notice the car in front of me had stopped. I used my nutsack as a sort of primitive air-bag on the back of the fuel tank of my moped and 'Exit testicle stage left!'. Since then, well, let's just say it's caused some problems.

Pete
Hey, it's not all bad.
If you had to have it removed, I'd have asked to give it a quick nibble before it went in the bin..
Just to see how it felt, I can't reach mine ( of course I've never tried..)

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here