Author Topic: Did anybody get in a ride today? I did!  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Did anybody get in a ride today? I did!
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:05:24 PM »
South of the boarder, Arkansas :grin:

About 280 miles <shrug> nice little run :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:11:28 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Dave Bell

Re: Did anybody get in a ride today? I did!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:30:07 PM »
nice bike.

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »

Offline drums4money

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
beautiful bike & great skeenery!

I managed about 100mi on the MV today.

hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing...liar

1200 Sport , Monster S2R, MV Agusta B3 800

Old School Audio:
http://oldschoolaudio.wix.com/headphones

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »

Offline Lotsahorses

• Tim, NW Arkansas
  • New Egg
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 06:53:02 PM »
Yesterday I rode not far from you through Yellville,  Harriett,  Push Mountain Rd and then completed the loop back to Cotter on my friends EV1100.   Today,  all off road on gravel on my dirtbike for several hours.  It truly is beautiful riding in the gentle rolling hills of Arkansas.  I hope to bring a vintage Eldo home with me in a few weeks. Cheers.
1973 Eldorado
1972 Eldorado
2005 Ducati ST3
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1949 GMC 1 Ton
1950 GMC 1/2 Ton Panel
1952 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-up
1958 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-up

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 06:55:30 PM »
Yesterday I rode not far from you through Yellville,  Harriett,  Push Mountain Rd and then completed the loop back to Cotter on my friends EV1100.   Today,  all off road on gravel on my dirtbike for several hours.  It truly is beautiful riding in the gentle rolling hills of Arkansas.  I hope to bring a vintage Eldo home with me in a few weeks. Cheers.
I was contemplating Push Mtn. but went for the Jasper area instead. We should get together and twist a grip sometime!

Offline Jim Rich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »
Love those Arkansas hill roads.  I took the V11 out for a rumble this morning and found a few nice curves to push it through.  The summer heat is beginning to release it's grip here on the Gulf Coast and it was cool and few cars to be seen when I ran through the Trinity River bottom right after sun-up.  So you went high and I went low.   :thumb:

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »
I was contemplating Push Mtn. but went for the Jasper area instead. We should get together and twist a grip sometime!
Let me cheat and back up two days!  My good riding buddy, Grebmrof, and I put in over 300 miles on Friday .... me on my 1200 Sport, Tom on his lovely Triumph Scrambler.  Since we rode south, Tom put an additional 35-40 miles each way, so me, I ended up with 325 miles, Tom with approx. 400 miles.  It was a lovely day, cool in the am at 8 oclock (54F), but by the time we got to our respective homes, temps were in the high 70s.

Roads were in ok shape, once we rode south of Wooster, Ohio.  Most of our southbound ride was on SR83.  Then a sweet ride east along SR313, which runs through Seneca Lake.  Then we got temporarily lost, which is always fun on a nice day with good roads.

Saturday for me was a short ride day .... maybe 80 miles, same for today.

But Friday was like the good old days ..... leave at 8am, get back home way after 6pm, after piling up a bunch of miles on some of Ohio's finest!

Bob
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline Buckturgidson

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:27 PM »
I did the classic today, Reno to Virginia City on Geiger Grade. Saw a dozen or so wild horses, including three babies. Finally dialed the rear spring on the Breva Sport all the way up, handles way better, no more wallowing.
"It's not your job to be as confused as Nigel." -Spinal Tap.
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds." -Mark Twain

'86 Yamaha SRX-6
'07 Norge, Rosina, the classy one

canuck750

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 07:41:48 PM »
Got in two hours of secondary back roads through the countryside on my Eldorado, great ride!

Offline Testarossa

• Gaggle Hero
    • Skiing History
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »
Hi, John!

Gail and I went out on the Triumph for an hour's loop into the foothills before the day grew hot. Home by noon. Surprisingly, we hit no traffic and got to carve up the two-lane west from Carter Lake.
70 Triumph TR6R, 74 850T, 74 Yamaha TA125, 89 Mille GT, 99 F650, 2013 Yamaha XT250
Gone: 59 Piper Comanche 250, 69 Harley/Aermacchi 350SS, 71 Honda CB500/4, 74 Laverda 750 SF2, 91 Suzuki VX800, 50cc two-stroke scoot, 83 XR350R

Offline saxontaylor

• New Egg
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:45 PM »
nice temps & rain held off for a nice ride from Gerton, NC (near asheville) back to charlotte 110ish miles.  Good twisting roads around chimney rock/lake lure area.

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 09:28:45 PM »
took my Bandit out today and turned it to 11.

I am heading to Harrison Ark on the Greenie next week.  I'll be there on Wednesday or Thursday before I head up to Springfield MO on Friday.  Depends on the weather and your Ark riding schedule, Johnny. 

Saturday to Springfield IL Mile.    :cool:
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 09:34:54 PM »
took my Bandit out today and turned it to 11.

I am heading to Harrison Ark on the Greenie next week.  I'll be there on Wednesday or Thursday before I head up to Springfield MO on Friday.  Depends on the weather and your Ark riding schedule, Johnny. 

Saturday to Springfield IL Mile.    :cool:

I have an appointment Thursday @ 1600hrs other than that, free as a bird :thumb:

Offline BRIO

• Gosling
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 09:39:28 PM »
Not today,

Remnants of hurricane Erika poured into SFL today. Washed and waxed the Norge today. Took a nice ride yesterday. We don't have rolling hills here in Florida but we have a lot of small airstrips. Rode out to a couple of FBOs. I enjoy going to sleepy little airstrips and watch small planes do touch and go's. Ran into an old colleague and we talked a bit. I'm gonna get checked out on a Cessna one of these days so I can rent a plane from the local airport from time to time. It started pouring on the way back.

Lcarlson

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »
Today was the Connecticut United Ride, an annual charity ride for  fire, police and others first responders, starting after 911. I've done it numerous times, but today I just couldn't get it together. So, I watched it pass  through town as a spectator, and did my own ride this afternoon. It was all good.

Offline segesta

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
Nice photos, and nice bike!

I got about 100 miles on the K1300GT, and about 40 on the Monster. The California sat, ignored but not unloved. I'll get her out sometime this week--hot summer weather is supposed to return to the US midwest.
--
2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom
2013 Ducati Monster 796
2010 BMW K1300GT

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2015, 10:33:45 PM »
GJ: I like the scoot.  Got outta my funk with 150 miles, at least 50 on gravel up and down (of course) Stemple Pass.  From altitude I got to see the smoke rolling into the valleys again.  Oh well...

Spud
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »
Got in two hours of secondary back roads through the countryside on my Eldorado, great ride!

Fay and I used the topo map to pick out the littlest roads we could find, then headed up from home in Appomattox, VA on the Stelvio through Buckingham and Fluvanna counties (man, there's miles of empty pine plantations there!), finding no traffic at all but nice winding roads, found an old schoolhouse with her maiden name (Paulette) on it, ended up in Palmyra, VA, the county seat of Fluvanna County to look at the old stone jail building standing there since 1823.    Palmyra is an interesting little place, about 200 yards long and half as wide, with the county courthouse complex, the old county buildings, a convenience store, a chamber of commerce, and .... nothing else.   Riverboats used to come up the Rivanna River as far as Palmyra from Richmond to deliver and pick up freight.

It was 3:00 PM and I got the Mungry Call ("I'm Hungry") loud and clear, which means no more delays, find me something to eat.   Only eating places were 20 miles north in Gordonsville (out of our way home) or about 10 miles south, so south we went to Sal's Italian Restaurant in Fork Union and got an unexpectedly good Sicilian pizza, then wended our way home on more secondary roads through Arvonia, Dillwyn, Andersonville, Vera and back home to Appomattox.   NO traffic of any kind, one deer to dodge, about 150 miles of very enjoyable roads and excellent companionship.   Stelvio logger said max speed 71 (whipping around a hay wagon), average speed 46, fuel mileage 43.5.

Our first date was on a motorcycle in 1970 and it's only gotten better since .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline weevee

• Gosling
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 04:32:26 AM »
I took a ride up over the moors of NE England on my Magni.  Up here the roads are empty of cars, and there's nothing to share the view but sheep.  I parked up in the middle of nowhere to take a few pictures, and could have been the only man alive.  I spent the whole day in the saddle, and the bike never missed a beat.  What a beast of a machine this is; and what a great and memorable run!

Steve

Offline Lotsahorses

• Tim, NW Arkansas
  • New Egg
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the riding invitation...right now I'm without a road bike which is why I borrowed my friends EV1100.
But in a few weeks I hope to have that Eldo and maybe the three of us could ride together?   :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:
1973 Eldorado
1972 Eldorado
2005 Ducati ST3
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1949 GMC 1 Ton
1950 GMC 1/2 Ton Panel
1952 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-up
1958 GMC 1/2 Ton Pick-up

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 07:27:20 AM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the riding invitation...right now I'm without a road bike which is why I borrowed my friends EV1100.
But in a few weeks I hope to have that Eldo and maybe the three of us could ride together?   :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

That would be great!

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »
Did about 250 miles yesterday, first to the antique tractor and steam engine show at Williams Grove, PA, then headed west through Boiling Springs and Carlisle over into Juniata and Mifflin counties, before heading south towards home. A few photos:

I like a women with big... steam traction engines!

Boiling Springs, PA

Academia/Pomeroy Covered Bridge

View southwest from a ridge on PA103

Taking a break. Edge of Tuscarora St. Forest, Blacklog Gap Rd.

Charlie

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
Did about 250 miles yesterday, first to the antique tractor and steam engine show at Williams Grove, PA, then headed west through Boiling Springs and Carlisle over into Juniata and Mifflin counties, before heading south towards home. A few photos:

I like a women with big... steam traction engines!

Boiling Springs, PA

Academia/Pomeroy Covered Bridge

View southwest from a ridge on PA103

Taking a break. Edge of Tuscarora St. Forest, Blacklog Gap Rd.

Nice pictures, we have the steam-o-rama coming up here in Sept. 100's on steam engines!

Offline LowRyter

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 11:48:58 AM »
PM sent John
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:49:25 AM by LowRyter »
John L 
When life gets you down remember it's one down and the rest are up.  (1-N-23456)

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »

Boiling Springs, PA

You were standing on the front porch of the Boiling Springs Tavern to get that shot.   Excellent food and drink there, and (not that I go in many bars) but a bartender who will remember you and your name even it's been years since you've been in ......

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here