Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: V7 Engine died
« Last post by Stevex on Today at 03:29:58 AM »
I remember exactly the same happening to me in the early eighties!!
I was riding through London on my Le Mans II, no such thing as the M25 ring road then and the traffic was horrendous.
She started running like a pig, so I parked up for half an hour, then carried on...she was fine.

General Discussion / Re: Behold! The Griso 1400
« Last post by OlofE on Today at 03:08:56 AM »
Stunning. I want one.
« Last post by flip on Today at 02:19:46 AM »
Those are 2 of the best looking Griso's that I have ever seen.
General Discussion / Re: 2018 lineup
« Last post by Yeahoo Whoyah on Today at 01:35:42 AM »
I like the V7 Carbon with limited production numbered to 1921.  I like it when they use that marketing strategy.
« Last post by 80CX100 on Today at 01:34:14 AM »
    OMG that's a tasty looking bike,,, I could go with a 2 up saddle for myself,,, but I imagine the deep dish of the solo seat would help hold your a** in place when you twist the throttle, lol.

Any chance of throwing up a photo from the exhaust side,,, some times that's a weak spot on the Grisos.

I love the laid back, black treatment everywhere,,, really contrasts well with the orange,,, blends very nice overall.

Anxious to hear detailed riding reports, and if the legendary chassis stands up well to the extra power.

Very well done, kudos to all involved.

Kelly
General Discussion / Re: Moto Guzzi V50 Mk III (1981) Restoration
« Last post by gentlemanjim on Today at 01:16:05 AM »
What's the story about the rear drive breather?
General Discussion / Re: Moto Guzzi V50 Mk III (1981) Restoration
« Last post by voncrump on Today at 01:06:56 AM »
Ohhh,  my first Guzzi was a well sorted silver V50111. It was a fabulous bike. Speedo was wildly optimistic but it was fast enough to create a vivid memory in the minds of many sport bike riders and Harley riders on the curvy roads of Marlborough NZ in 1986 to 88. Watch the valve clearances and when they start to close up replace the valves. They stretch the stem under the head of the valve and if you don't watch it they will drop the head off the valve. Otherwise rev the shit out of it and enjoy the superb handing of an unrecognised Guzzi gem. Normal maintainance other than the valves. Fiddlly points but mine had an optical system. Keep the advance and retard lubed. The check on the rear drive and gearbox breather had been done on my V50. I should have KEPT this bike.
Cheers, voncrump
General Discussion / Re: I've noticed this at traffic signals.
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 01:03:35 AM »
California is a hands free cell phone state as well. I see all the time text or held to the ear. I also see more issues from distracted drivers.

Crimeny, I remember when I learned to drive. Before you even start the car, adjust mirrors and set the radio, better yet no radio. Don't play with things while driving. You didn't need to be distracted.

As scary as it sounds, maybe we do need self driving cars?? They might??? be better than drivers these days??

Tom
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 01:02:28 AM »

Cross our palms with silver and we'll send you one! :evil:
What does it do to yours in a 100 k roll on ?
General Discussion / Re: 1970 750 Ambo. Noise From Clutch Area.
« Last post by Tom H on Today at 12:56:48 AM »
Well I pulled trans #2. I was checking for the noise by turning the crank from the gen end.

I pulled the clutch and found that outer friction plate looked normal on the outer side, but had dust on the inner side, like it was not making contact. The inner looked normal as well as all the splined bits. Tested both clutch plates on the input shaft spline and all slid smooth. Checked the inter plate in the flywheel and all was smooth.

I also realized that when I tried trans #1, I changed the flywheel, pressure plate and inter plate. So I changed those back to the originals.

All came together just fine when I slid trans #2 back on. No noise and no binding as I tightened the trans to the engine. Yeah!! Even tested when I connected top the U joint and when I tightened up the engine and trans frame mount bolts. All was great!

Took the bike for a ride to the store for about a 2 mile round trip. Nice, all seemed fine. Then I went for a 10 mile mainly freeway ride. Once off the freeway at a stop the noise was back. Aaaarrrgghh!!!!

Again, in neutral, noise is there and even vibrates the bike a bit,  a buzzy vibration, not a shake or rattle.

Again, just take up the slack in the clutch cable with the handlebar clutch lever and a very light pinky pull effort, the noise starts to go away. More pull and the noise goes away more. About half pull no noise. Full pull no noise.

While I was in there. I did put a new clutch push rod, inner plunger and throw out bearing to eliminate those being an issue. I do have the 6 O Rings for the push rod seal instead of the stock seal since trans #1.

Is there any way that the O Rings could be my problem?? I'm sure that I am not the only one that has made the change.

I hate to bug my Guzzi shop as he has helped me many times at no charge, but I may need to take it to him and see what he thinks before I tear it apart again.

Any more thoughts on this issue??

Again, thanks to all that have responded so far!!
Tom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here