Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: OMG.... American Chopper
« Last post by mechanicsavant on Today at 11:27:24 PM »
Proof that a little bad taste goes a looooong way!
General Discussion / Re: OMG.... American Chopper
« Last post by LowRyter on Today at 10:49:00 PM »
just when you thought things couldn't get much worse........
General Discussion / Re: Falcone Nuovo valuation
« Last post by stmike on Today at 10:41:42 PM »
Sorry.

I read that wrong. 

Was wondering more specifically.
Right now it's about 150-200 miles north of me; however, my buddy will be bringing it down in his truck to leave it in our clubhouse, which is in Montrose near the base of Angeles Crest Highway.  About two weeks from now.
General Discussion / Re: disagreement
« Last post by rodekyll on Today at 10:18:35 PM »

local mob make shims in .01mm increments, that�s about 4 tenths of a thou. Bet you can buy similar in US. Factory .05mm increments are not the only way. Others grind shims
Yes racebikes are dialed in

I still have a massive array of shims and shim pullers for a lot of the early OHC cars.  The only ones we could get paid to grind to perfection (not an easy task with those hardened pucks) were custom jobs where the customer cared.  The only place I worked that I did that was an outfit that combined a full service machine shop with rally car prep.  The owner named his kid Camshaft Axlerod.  For regular maintenance jobs anywhere I worked it was go/no with massive tolerances.  Even those we had a hard time meeting flat-rate if a lot needed to be swapped.
General Discussion / Re: Fuel pump
« Last post by rodekyll on Today at 10:12:07 PM »
Thanks for that, Roy.  That means I've offered all I can.
General Discussion / Re: Fuel pump
« Last post by Kiwi_Roy on Today at 10:09:34 PM »
David,
          I think on the bikes with an electronic dash the LED light will switch hard on at least it does on my Griso. I suspect its an electronic switch in the dash or ECU that detects the threshold and turns on the LED
It probably has some deadband unlike the incandescent lamp and sensor in the earlier Californias.
Roy
General Discussion / Re: disagreement
« Last post by jacksonracingcomau on Today at 10:08:15 PM »
That's one I never understood.  I mean -- for OHC with puck adjusters I can see how having the shim set incremented every thousandth would be cost prohibitive, And you'd never make flat-rate.  But we know how much difference a couple thou makes in the performance of our pushrod engines.  So how can you have a "precision racing machine" where it's impossible to dial in the lash?

local mob make shims in .01mm increments, that�s about 4 tenths of a thou. Bet you can buy similar in US. Factory .05mm increments are not the only way. Others grind shims
Yes racebikes are dialed in
General Discussion / Re: 2012 V7C rear brake
« Last post by TimmyTheHog on Today at 09:53:58 PM »
I am going to steal Sign216's thunder by posting his flicker's photo documentary

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sign216/albums/72157633599275310

see if this helps you any.
They're also coming out with the Himalayan adventure bike in the summer of 2018, I like the looks, I was just reading up on it yesterday.. Only 411cc's, its definitely not a hardcore adventure bike for the hardcore adventure rider. But, it looks like it would be fun as a trail/gravel roads riding type of bike, especially for the non hardcore adventure rider not necessarily looking to cross the Mojave Desert in record time. Most likely competing against other lightweight Adventure bikes like the Kawasaki Versys X 300, V Strom 250, BMW's 310 GS for a little less money. According to the specs, it comes in around 400 lbs, not exactly light for a lightweight. I've always looked past RE's because of the quality control issues that they've had. But what I've read so far, these new 2018 models is suppose to be far superior in quality parts and build, only time will tell.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Advertise your products today. All proceeds go back into this website.
Your ad will show up over 10,000 times daily!
Advertise Here