Author Topic: Dave Richardson, of Moto International, Retires  (Read 6121 times)

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
Re: Dave Richardson, of Moto International, Retires
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »
I checked it out a couple of yrs ago.  96 percent HD, 3 percent Indian/Victory & 1 percent import.  0 Guzzi.

What you're saying is we Guzzista should make our presence known.  Where would you like to meet?   :wink:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:12:23 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »
What you�re saying is we Guzzista should make our presence known.  Where would you like to meet?   :wink:

No Motorcycles for me this winter.  I tore up my rotator cuff and start therapy out there when I arrive next week.  I was going to bring my Bassa out from MN and leave it but that's a no go this trip.
Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »
Here's to a quick recovery!  I have an iffy relationship with mine, knock on wood, but it's been behaving this year.  Many years lifting 35" tube TVs for Circuit City took its toll. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:06:23 PM by Guzzi Gal »
"Miri" and Mori"

twowings

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
Sorry to hear it, John...maybe some kind soul will let you ride pillion!   :bike-037:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
So is this an organized cruise night on Main Street.  Monster Burger to El Charro?
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2017, 10:11:54 PM »
So is this an organized cruise night on Main Street.  Monster Burger to El Charro?
Something like that.  Being newbs, we just want to lookie-loo, maybe catch a bite, and see what it's all about.   :popcorn:
"Miri" and Mori"

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 11:34:51 AM »
A lot of profiling and "Look at me" types there.  The machines are worth the look.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline sidecarnutz

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 12:10:32 PM »
Back in 1996 I attended the western NY Rally with Bill Sharp, the MD/Rep who passed earlier this year. That was my first long ride after recovering from two crushed legs. Still had quite a bit of bone pain. Best memories besides the outstanding 600 miles ride there, winning a signed copy of Guzziology as a prize and having a club Guzzi racer pass me on my own bike, Mille' GT, as we test rode each others bikes before sunset. He yelled at me "You ain't getting on it hard enough!" as he passed me mid corner with flat track style. Shortly after that I knew what it felt like to take a Sport 1100 up to the ton. its killing me that I can't remember his nickname. He passed from bone cancer a few years back. OK, got it now. "Snuffy" Smith. Takes the brain cells a few minutes to play catch up these days.  :cool:

I have frequently used MI as my parts source over the years. Great folks to deal with.

All my best to Dave in his retirement.
yeah, I might be addicted to brake fluid. But I can stop any time I want.

2002 Kawasaki ZR7S
2021 Royal Enfield 650 Conti GT

Offline Guzzi Gal

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »
Back in 1996 I attended the western NY Rally with Bill Sharp, the MD/Rep who passed earlier this year. That was my first long ride after recovering from two crushed legs. Still had quite a bit of bone pain. Best memories besides the outstanding 600 miles ride there, winning a signed copy of Guzziology as a prize and having a club Guzzi racer pass me on my own bike, Mille' GT, as we test rode each other's bikes before sunset. He yelled at me "You ain't getting on it hard enough!" as he passed me mid-corner with flat track style. Shortly after that, I knew what it felt like to take a Sport 1100 up to the ton. it's killing me that I can't remember his nickname. He passed from bone cancer a few years back. OK, got it now. "Snuffy" Smith. Takes the brain cells a few minutes to play catch up these days.  :cool:

I have frequently used MI as my parts source over the years. Great folks to deal with.

All my best to Dave in his retirement.

What a story!  I also understand about "the brain cells".   :wink:
"Miri" and Mori"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here