Author Topic: Distance addiction..  (Read 11596 times)

Offline luthier

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: Distance addiction..
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 08:07:41 AM »
I have a mate from Cairns down here on holiday at the moment (getting rugged up for riding is a novel experience for him). He advises avoiding the top end after the end of September - usually not good riding weather once October starts.

I didn't  realize that, was planning end of September to early October so looks like it has to be earlier.
Once I have the roof on my new workshop I'll be itching, so hope that'll be end of July or so.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2018, 07:04:56 AM »
Are you going to keep us updated with a few pics of the trip.
I for one would love to follow via the forum or blog.
Cheers Tim
I did shoot some Go Pro on the Oz lap Tim, but reviewing the raw footage revealed it to be a bit one dimensional compared with my Europe You Tube ones.
There are some stills on WG, but again nothing to wet ones self over. Europe seems to be a deeper reservoir of memorable occurrences for me.
Admittedly, I did just "smash it out" a bit, but at least got some good data on tyre life for Michelin 5's.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 01:27:44 PM by Huzo »

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2018, 11:00:40 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed my 23 day lap of the US last summer on a HD Switchback with just a flip phone & pages out of a 4 yr old atlas. 6800 miles. One page tucked into my jacket pocket for a quick reference a couple times a day for each state I was in to compare it with the wind direction to determine what direction to follow. Camping @ unknown sites that evening & a motel twice. To me that's adv touring also.

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyed my 23 day lap of the US last summer on a HD Switchback with just a flip phone & pages out of a 4 yr old atlas. 6800 miles. One page tucked into my jacket pocket for a quick reference a couple times a day for each state I was in to compare it with the wind direction to determine what direction to follow. Camping @ unknown sites that evening & a motel twice. To me that's adv touring also.
Yes, without a doubt D.
That simplistic approach has benefits that a structured tour does not. As long as you are out there digesting the feeling, then you simply cannot lose... :thumb: :bike-037:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:55:25 PM by Huzo »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2021, 05:33:34 PM »
I just read some of the comments on this old thread and they seem even more relevant now... :popcorn:

Offline Canuck750

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2021, 07:26:18 PM »
I just read some of the comments on this old thread and they seem even more relevant now... :popcorn:

That’s so true given the lengthy - lockdowns and travel restrictions we have all been going through. I have so missed the long trips but with the USA land border crossings closed to Canadians and Europe being difficult to get to my rides have been much shorter. Last week I came back from a weeks ride out to the Pacific coast and Vancouver island returning across the Rockies and my last day riding abandoned gravel roads around old coal mining towns, almost forgot how much I love to ride, 4500km and still smiling.
48 Guzzi Airone, 57 Guzzi Cardellino, 65 Benelli 200 sprite, 66 Aermacchi Sprint, 68 Gilera 106 SS, 72 Eldorado, 72 Benelli 180, 74 Guzzi 750S, 73 Laverda SF1, 74  Benelli 650S, 75 Ducati 860GT, 75 Moto Morini 3-1/2, 78 Moto Morinii 500

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2021, 07:31:48 PM »
That’s so true given the lengthy - lockdowns and travel restrictions we have all been going through. I have so missed the long trips but with the USA land border crossings closed to Canadians and Europe being difficult to get to my rides have been much shorter. Last week I came back from a weeks ride out to the Pacific coast and Vancouver island returning across the Rockies and my last day riding abandoned gravel roads around old coal mining towns, almost forgot how much I love to ride, 4500km and still smiling.
Touche’

Online Moparnut72

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2021, 10:10:50 PM »
Due to the extreme heat, fires, smoke and - this summer has had a huge damper on things.
kk
Mopar or Nocar
2023 V100 Marina
2019 V7lll Special
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »
Bumped for Milosh.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 06:48:38 PM by Huzo »

Offline Milosh

• Hatchling
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2022, 10:45:34 AM »
Thank you.
___________________ ___________________ __
“An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered.” – G.K. Chesterton

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here