Author Topic: update on the volcano eruption in Hawaii.  (Read 732 times)

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
update on the volcano eruption in Hawaii.
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

"Dramatic Video Shows What the Kilauea Volcano Has Done to Hawaii's Coastline"

"It's been more than a month since the Kilauea volcano erupted on Hawaii’s Big Island, leading to evacuations, acid rain, and widespread devastation. Now, a new YouTube video taken by the U.S. Geological Survey on the morning of June 14 is revealing just how much the lava is changing Hawaii's landscape.

Newer vids from the USGS and posted on Popular Mechanics.  Enjoy!  Link is below.  It still going strong with fountains of lava at about 150 feet high.  :shocked:  Total liquid rock.  I'm trying to find the vid of a rock the size of a bus floating downstream.

The video focuses on the Big Island's coastline, where the encroaching lava spilling from Fissure 8 has turned the beach into a pile of molten rock and waste. The affected shoreline is about a mile long.

The U.S. Geological Survey also reported seeing small explosions from when the lava hit the ocean water, and there were also several plumes of laze. Laze, or lava haze, is hydrochloric acid mist formed by the action of lava on seawater.

In a second video, the USGS reported that there was a second explosion at Kilauea's summit on the morning of June 14, around 3 a.m. Hawaii time, which produced a plume that rose to 6,ooo feet above sea level. The explosion, as well as some precursory earthquakes, were felt around the area.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/environment/a21563520/kilauea-volcano-video/?src=nl&mag=pop&list=nl_pnl_news&date=061818
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Sasquatch Jim

• Gaggle Hero
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Re: update on the volcano eruption in Hawaii.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
 Makes me gladI didn't buy one of the houses I was looking at last year in that area.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
Re: update on the volcano eruption in Hawaii.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
John had looked at Leilani Estates too.  Doesn't look like it'll stop any time soon.  People with breathing problems are moving out of state.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here