Author Topic: Looks like. . .  (Read 10364 times)

HardAspie

Looks like. . .
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
. . . I blew back into town in the middle of a war.

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Re: Looks like. . .
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »

seasonal skirmishes.

just wait until October/November !
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

oldbike54

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »
 No worries Carolyn , we apparently have been invaded by Mrs Browns Kindergarden class  :evil:

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »
Well, hell. Ya have to repel invaders.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 10:40:06 PM »
Some people really make a mountain out of a molehill.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »
Well, hell. Ya have to repel invaders.

Yeah , check back tomorrow , the kindergardeners will most likely be gone .

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
Good deal.
Catcha later.

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »
Class.........Class .................SH UT UP!         thank you.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »

Cool to see you back. Hope the family problems are sorted.

Any further ahead on the bike?
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:00 PM »
Cool to see you back. Hope the family problems are sorted.

Any further ahead on the bike?

Yeah , welcome back Carolyn , was just thinking about you .

Dusty

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 06:14:55 AM »
Forums are funny things.

If I felt that:-
a) the forum didn't address the things I was interested in
b) full of people I had little in common with
c) going in a direction I didn't like

.... I wouldn't frequent it  :shocked:

Hang in there boys and girls .... and Mods - keep doing what your doing as I suspect you get it more right than wrong  :thumb:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

HardAspie

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 09:42:23 AM »
Well, here is my thinking on the bike.

I have had time to think, a lot. I mentioned early on that money is for me a huge issue. Even in the passion driven realm of motorcycling the bottom line is the bottom line. No matter how I feel about a bike, if I cannot afford to operate it then it is not a vehicle; it is a costly lawn ornament needing to be insured. I have had to rule out the V7. I simply have not been sufficiently well paid during my :career" as to have the funding to buy and then operate one.

During these months of personal turmoil I've been on hold, and still am. in regards a motorcycle. I've been trying to find one that I can both buy and ride within my budget. I want a bike that will orbit me as opposed to one that I would have to orbit. This has been a long process as I have pondered one motorcycle after another. It is a helluva thing to be looking at motorcycles with an attitude of, "Yeah, I suppose I could live with that." But I think I have finally found the bike. Curiously the nearest dealer is also a Guzzi dealer! The bike Currently chosen - as I accrue the funds needed to buy it cash I will have to venture to the dealer and check them out up close - is so different that I fear that all of you may laugh.

But, tellya wot; despite the humble nature of the bike this is one about which I am not thinking merely that it will do. I actually like this one and have good feelings. I am hoping to check it out and perhaps make the buy some time next month.

Anyone wanna know what it is?

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 10:05:06 AM »
Absolutely. What are you thinking?
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

HardAspie

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »
Thank you!

This will probably be shocking since I began my motorcycle quest with the MG V7. But actually this bike comes by way of the same needs that I outlined here so long ago. I need very low overall cost. I would rather ride a motorized bicycle than sit and look wistfully at a wonderful bike that I lack the money to ride. So I need longevity and low purchase price to amortize that cost over many miles. I need stone axe simplicity so I might be able to maintain it myself, and so that when i reach the end of my ability shop service will not be so costly as to park the bike.

I actually need little need for speed. I got over that decades ago. I like smaller highways the best no matter what i am riding. My Honda Reflex scooter had sufficient speed to get me out of the Verde Valley and on my way. Hmmmm... And the winner is:

S-Y-M Wolf Classic 150. Owners love them and report great reliability and long life. Service is very cheap. Decent dealer network and good parts availability. Should be easy for me to take over any usual service soon as warranty is out. And 266 lb wet means that it ought be capable of being ridden down decent dirt roads even by a 62 year old hag with no dirt bike experience: at 10 - 20 MPH. And new with 2 year warranty $3,000! That means that I can soon use it to get me to town and begin the "treatment plan" my dentist has been advising me for some time.

Then there is this. My first bike was a Honda CB 100. it taught me motorcycling and got me hooked. I loved that bike but traded for a CB 350G to get some freeway capability. Well, take that 100 and give it (marginal) freeway capability, a ceramic coated cylinder, electric start, more electricity and an H4 headlamp, two piston front disc, a tachometer and trip odometer...and that is the Wolf. I am actually feeling good about this, and intend to take that little machine well beyond state lines.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 10:36:09 AM »
Carolyn.. have a look at this thread..
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=81480.0
That would put you on a 250 with highway capability for even less money.. I would be seriously tempted if I were in the market.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

HardAspie

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 10:40:59 AM »
Thank you!

That is indeed a bike that I will check out further if I see the Wolf and determine that for any reason it will not do. Yes. In any case...minimalism will be my way.

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 12:53:25 PM »
Laura,

I've also read good things about the Wolf, owners seem to be quite happy with them.

Also, Take a good look at the Suzuki TU250x.    It has great classic styling along the lines of the Sym Wolf, but, another 100cc, for better torque.   It's still a single, and should be just as easy to service as the Sym Wolf.  It is also fuel injected, which is a big plus in my book.     With the way bikes are languishing in dealer showrooms, you might even be able to find a left over in the same price range as the Wolf.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:06:47 PM by jas67 »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline Spuddy

• Gaggle Hero
  • Best Thing About A Mind Is Being Able To Change It
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 12:58:53 PM »
Class.........Class .................SH UT UP!   

Yes, Sister Mary Elephant...

Spud
'13 Stelvio NTX
'07 California Vintage
'01 W650
'00 Quota 1100ES + Ural

HardAspie

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
Gotta make a three subject reply:

1. Dang! You good folks know of Blazing Saddles and Cheech and Chong! No wonder I am comfortable here!

2. Thanks for all the thinking of tinybikes. If for any reason I bail on the Wolf then the others are lined up.

3. Actually my name is Laura, but Carolyn is a pretty name and is okay with me! Call me anything but late for dinner!

oldbike54

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 01:47:22 PM »
 Sorry about that Caro.. er Laura , as has been pointed out recently , I am old , very old ...so old
Anyway , we don't care what kind of bike you buy , as long as it makes you happy . Stick around , grownups are always welcome on WG .

Dusty

HardAspie

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »
Thanks!

I like it here. Nice people only slightly passionate about motorcycles, and riding and wrenching them.

Hey, that getting old thing, one day I lost attention of my surroundings and the next thing I knew I was 62. I still fail to comprehend.

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 06:01:27 PM »
I see a couple a things goin' on:

Attitudes - Winter, seems to be happening almost annually anymore.

Volume - A general diminished presence on all the forums/boards... whatever, to which I subscribe. I read something in WSJ a couple weeks back remarking on just this. The slight though noticeable turning away from electronic society by many Americans. Seems folks feel overdrawn by the creeping commitments.

It seems the lessened presence of "regulars" allows a significant concentration of electronic tools for the lack of dilution.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 06:24:17 PM »
Hey, SYMs are pretty cool!

HardAspie

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
Thanks for positive feedback!

I think the Wolf with: a rack and a small lockdown boot to stow gear in, a throttle lock cruise control, crash bar with cruising pegs, throw over saddlebags will make a nice pocket cruiser adaptable for mulltirole use. I like the $$$ for the bike because I will need accessories and gear. Gotta budget everything. Wolf owners seem to be nearly as fanatical as Guzzi riders and also they rack up some miles. Yeah! Miles!

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2016, 03:23:28 PM »
Gotta make a three subject reply:

1. Dang! You good folks know of Blazing Saddles and Cheech and Chong! No wonder I am comfortable here!

2. Thanks for all the thinking of tinybikes. If for any reason I bail on the Wolf then the others are lined up.

3. Actually my name is Laura, but Carolyn is a pretty name and is okay with me! Call me anything but late for dinner!

Her name was McGill, and she called herself Lil,
But everyone knew her as Nancy...

OR

ND - "Why, that's nothing but a two-bit ring from a JackerCrax box!"

RR - "Not to Melanie Haber" -

ND - "Melanie Haber?"

RR - "Audrey Farber..."

ND - "Audrey Farber?!?"

RR - "What about Bettie Jo Bialowski?!?"

Organ crashes - voice heard in thought:

ND - Bettie Jo Bialowski - I hadn't heard that name since college; everyone knew her as Nancy...
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline thepittsburghguzzi

• Hatchling
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »
 :1:
I rode my cousin's TU250X for the day a couple months ago and was positively charmed by it!!! Surprising grunt from a 250 single. And fuel injection is the very best :)
The Wolf seems super fun, too... and I really want to try one out one day just for kicks. Only thing being, it seems like it'd have a heck of a time keeping up with the flow of traffic on anything but urban streets peppered with stoplights.
In any case, kudos to you for being real about what you can afford and what is important to you on your machine. You've got our support!

:bike-037:

Laura,

I've also read good things about the Wolf, owners seem to be quite happy with them.

Also, Take a good look at the Suzuki TU250x.    It has great classic styling along the lines of the Sym Wolf, but, another 100cc, for better torque.   It's still a single, and should be just as easy to service as the Sym Wolf.  It is also fuel injected, which is a big plus in my book.     With the way bikes are languishing in dealer showrooms, you might even be able to find a left over in the same price range as the Wolf.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 06:28:08 AM by thepittsburghguzzi »
2012 V7 Classic - Scarlet
1979 KZ750 Twin - Copper

-Paul

HardAspie

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 04:09:41 PM »
Thank you for support.

I am guessing that I will have far more fun with a Wolf that I can afford to own and operate than with anything becoming insured lawn art for lack of funds. I watch as the dollars accrue and dream. Soon now I think.

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »
Any bike you can own and ride is far superior to all others.

Offline jas67

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2016, 05:42:38 PM »

:1: X 1000
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

HardAspie

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2016, 06:40:28 PM »
:1:
I rode my cousin's TU250X for the day a couple months ago and was positively charmed by it!!! Surprising grunt from a 250 single. And fuel injection is the very best :)
The Wolf seems super fun, too... and I really want to try one out one day just for kicks. Only thing being, it seems like it'd have a heck of a time keeping up with the flow of traffic on anything but urban streets peppered with stoplights.
In any case, kudos to you for being real about what you can afford and what you is important to you on your machine. You've got our support!

:bike-037:

I kinda figured Gussistas would get it!

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here