Author Topic: Slow Government Employees- Zootopia Sloths  (Read 8141 times)

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
Slow Government Employees- Zootopia Sloths
« on: February 12, 2016, 10:14:27 AM »
This is a clever and funny trailer for the new Zootopia movie coming in March.  Does this seem familiar to anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY73vFGhSVk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:11:06 PM by leafman60 »

Orange Guzzi

Re: Slow Government Employees- Zootopia Sloths
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »
Now that you opened the can of worms, let me comment. 

Laup, You probably do not have anything better to do this weekend than to moderate a political thread. 

American people are the government.  Yet we are indoctrinated constantly to believe that it is us against them.  Them being us or us being them.  Reach over and slap your family, friends and neighbors up the side of the head for being sloths. 

Funny and spot on.  Happened to me yesterday. 

HardAspie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »
All too true, and  that sloth that spoke is a member of the  S   T  O  A.

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »
Thanks for posting that.  :thumb: I saw that some time ago and was trying to describe it to my wife. Couldn't remember where I saw it or what show it was.  :cool: :boozing:
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:32:38 AM »

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
That was damn funny. We're continually amazed that some of my and my Wife's favorite movies are these "kid's" animations.

I certainly get the prodding of the generic DMV but it has never been my experience in what?... 8 or more states.

But then, it may well be me. I consistently have stellar service at the usual whipping-boys organizations; VA, DMV, USPS and the like. I learned long, long ago as a whipper-snapper watching my folks that I was a significant element in these interactions and not simply a hapless spectator or a future customer looking to get his gruntle removed.

Thanks for the killer link. We'll be seeing the movie.

Todd.
Todd
07 Calvin            77 TT500
95 Sport 1100      04 Breva 750
82 Katana           79 GS850G
72 "Crud"dorado
03 Barely Davidson 883 Huggy
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
 Funny scene , but my experiences have been more like Todd's . Heck , I usually even get good service in Taco Bueno .

Dusty

Offline Two Checks

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 02:45:30 PM »
The DMV...or in MO where it is more correctly named the Department of Revenue, where the customer is always wrong, even when following their directions to the letter!
1990 Cal III f/f  "Il Duce' III"
1987 1000 SPII "Il Duce' II"

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Saw the trailer about a month ago while taking the grandchillen to a movie. I burst out laughing and the kids turned and looked at me, the older one asking why is it so funny.  I could only tell him You'll find out. :grin:

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:03:44 PM »
Saw the trailer about a month ago while taking the grandchillen to a movie. I burst out laughing and the kids turned and looked at me, the older one asking why is it so funny.  I could only tell him You'll find out. :grin:

Like Warner in general and Looney Tunes or Merry Melodies in particular - do any of us as adults believe they were really intended for chitlins?

These modern offerings like Pixar are hilarious and those "Lego" cartoons are some of my current favorites.

Todd.
Todd
72 "Crud"dorado
Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 03:23:54 PM »
American people are the government.  Yet we are indoctrinated constantly to believe that it is us against them.  Them being us or us being them. 

Maybe because we're a Democratic Republic and not a pure democracy.

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

canuguzzi

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
For every slow government employee there is an even slower person wanting everything yesterday because they procrastinate.

Offline cruzziguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 04:21:31 PM »
For every slow government employee there is an even slower person wanting everything yesterday because they procrastinate.

Too often "slow" is really "not fast enough" and far too often has little to do with objective efficiency.

"Every damn time I go to the DMV at the end of the month there's a ridiculous line!" Spoken petulantly, with a whine of entitlement.

Brings to mind noting to my buddy Kyle of an evening in a bar in Nashville: "That goof's always in here", says I.. Waitress overhearing says: "Ya notice that huh, hon?... He says the same thing 'bout you."

Todd.
Todd
72 "Crud"dorado

oldbike54

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 04:30:12 PM »
 We had a middle aged couple that would come to the restaurant almost every Saturday evening around 7:00 . I would come in contact with these folks about once a month in a store , or another restaurant . They would always complain about how long it took to get service at our place , having to wait in line often times for an hour or more . Now , these people lived a couple of blocks away from our restaurant , so they could have come at any time thru the week . I suggested once th at maybe they could come in on a week night when we not nearly so busy . The wife said , "we like to come on Saturday night so we can visit with other customers"  :huh:  I just laughed . People  :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 02:37:09 AM »
It's world wide, trust me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »
And not just government.  Have you ever tried to get something done fast in a large corporation?
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 07:26:42 AM »
Most of time it's the doofus in line in front of you that's the sloth
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline chuck peterson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 07:39:45 AM »
DMV...Once got in line at 10:30 and got a service ticket 50 numbers away....leFt and did errands for 4 hours...when I came back I was still 10 numbers away and waited another 2 hours
"I'd like to thank all my friends who have kept my Guzzi's going, but mostly...TOMB."
150k on Verts
750 Nevada
400f
R5 Yammie
BV250
4x 1976 Moto Demm Smily,, now 5, oops now 6, oops now 7
1980 SP1000 in little bits and pieces

Offline giusto

• Gaggle Hero
  • Giusto il canne del Como
    • photobucket
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 08:08:29 AM »
There are those of us that live in reasonably populated areas with DMV offices that are a pleasure to visit...yup a pleasure...MDMV in Suttons Bay Michigan. Where you know each of the staff (all 2 of them) by first name and there is rarely more than 2 or 3 on line every time I go in. That said the Traverse City office a mere 10-12 miles south is always packed to the gills.
2020 V 85 TT Travel
76 V1000 Convert Mr. Slate
76 V1000 Convert...in restoration process
2008 Norge Mia
2007 Breva
66 Benelli 125
68 Gilera 106
è il viaggio non la destinazione che è importante

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 10:02:56 AM »
I finally went to see Zootopia this weekend. 

I'd rate it A+ and highly recommend it.  It's very well done with a great kid appeal but messages on several levels for those of an introspective nature.

If you go, watch it to the very end, including the credits. A big coup de grace at the end.  Very funny.

Offline Cool Runnings

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 11:10:09 AM »
Maybe because we're a Democratic Republic and not a pure democracy.

Ruled by the (BAR) Esquire - 'United States" means a Federal corporation (28 U.S.C. 3002(15)

Offline Rotten Ralph

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
Reminds me of the Slowskys

https://youtu.be/wI7uYBGA8k8
Never trust a dog to guard your food

03 HD RK / TLE car
65 BMW R69S
60 BSA Gold Star
13 Moto Guzzi V7 Special

LaMojo

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 01:30:08 PM »
Anyone ever brought back an item to the Lowe's return station?  I bought a lawn tractor battery and had the old battery with me.  Went through the check out line and was charged $7 for the core (plus tax) and to get the core refund, yep, had to go stand in return item line to return the core.  On the way out the door, I noticed that the battery terminals were in opposite locations of what I need, so back through the line to return the battery.  They wouldn't just let me swap it out for the correct one (same price). Got a refund - went through the check out again. Was charged a core charge again and had to go back through the return item line only to argue about not having a core because they had kept the one I brought in.   What a fiasco.

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »
Anyone ever brought back an item to the Lowe's return station?  I bought a lawn tractor battery and had the old battery with me.  Went through the check out line and was charged $7 for the core (plus tax) and to get the core refund, yep, had to go stand in return item line to return the core.  On the way out the door, I noticed that the battery terminals were in opposite locations of what I need, so back through the line to return the battery.  They wouldn't just let me swap it out for the correct one (same price). Got a refund - went through the check out again. Was charged a core charge again and had to go back through the return item line only to argue about not having a core because they had kept the one I brought in.   What a fiasco.

Lowes is lightening fast compared to Walmart. If a sloth worked at Walmart it would be promoted to management very quickly.  :laugh:
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 04:20:59 PM »
Lowes is lightening fast compared to Walmart. If a sloth worked at Walmart it would be promoted to management very quickly.  :laugh:

funny

Penderic

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 12:57:33 AM »
Automation was supposed to help! Right.

:rolleyes:

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 01:34:39 AM »
For those who have watched Canadian television anytime in the last few decades, you'll recognize the newscaster in Zootopia. And yes, he did the voice for 'himself' - a good sport.

ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline leafman60

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 06:35:32 AM »
The film is very clever. Well done.

A little detail- a sign on the road at the entrance of the small community where the bunny rabbits live has space for population.  It's a meter like an odometer that is quickly running up counting new rabbits.

The plot of the movie is pretty interesting too with some major ironies and twists.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:36:54 AM by leafman60 »

Fuzzy

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »
Love the Zootopia clip.

In Spain, it is the funcionarios, the following short is pretty entertaining. It has subtitles.

The comments are generally "I don't see the sarcasm, it is just like real life."

https://youtu.be/jdWI_ZZkdjk
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:18:46 AM by Fuzzy »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here