Author Topic: LM III Craigslist Alameda CA.  (Read 3088 times)

canuck750

kidneb

Re: LM III Craigslist Alameda CA.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:48:44 AM »
Well,- peoples perception of "sharp" may differ. I think the LMIII looks sharper dressed in the original paint scheme and with the stock seat

Offline Dimples

• Gosling
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:29:05 AM »
Well,- peoples perception of "sharp" may differ. I think the LMIII looks sharper dressed in the original paint scheme and with the stock seat

I don't think this example is as collectable as the seller claims. The paint work is all wrong as are the few decals used. It would be a real pain to restore those mistakes-- lots of clear coat was used. Otherwise these are great bikes!
'96 Sport 1100 - carb
'71 Ambassador - Venolia

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »
There is a difference in a rider and a collector. Anyone who has ever spent any time on a stock LeMans seat would understand. Personally, I believe these machines should be enjoyed, so make them functional and use them. Just my .02
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:15 AM »

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:46 AM »
I think it's an attractive example of a ride-able non-collector machine. I do think the shop could have spent a little less time on the non-mechanical cosmetics, and a bit more time cleaning and restoring the mechanical bits. For example, look at the photo of the rear caliper and shock - if things like that showed as much attention as the other bits, it'd be better looking to me.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Online sdcr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:07:56 PM »
   I agree it could be a nice "rider" Le Mans, but it should have more sorting performed on it. For one, the throttle cables are not routed correctly, not even close.  I also prefer the brakes to remain in the stock, linked configuration.

The side covers are not correctly painted in the black and red scheme, which, IMHO, detracts from the overall look.

John
2000 BMW R1100 RS
1983 BMW R100
2009 Jaguar XK

Online bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
I agree with IT Sec, those rusty bolt heads on the rear caliper are a detractor, that show a lack of attention to detail. The seat appears to be a Corbin that has been re done, so thats not a big deal. Still a nice bike, that I think can easily be brought back to stock looking without too much trouble, if one desires to go that route.
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

canuck750

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
I think it's an attractive example of a ride-able non-collector machine. I do think the shop could have spent a little less time on the non-mechanical cosmetics, and a bit more time cleaning and restoring the mechanical bits. For example, look at the photo of the rear caliper and shock - if things like that showed as much attention as the other bits, it'd be better looking to me.

Agreed,

the difference between freshened up paint and a restoration is huge. So many bike on Ebay display rusted fasteners, split rubber, corroded brake components and so on. Still this bike could make a nice rider.

kidneb

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
There is a difference in a rider and a collector. Anyone who has ever spent any time on a stock LeMans seat would understand. Personally, I believe these machines should be enjoyed, so make them functional and use them. Just my .02

Speaking on behalf of the entire humanity now, are we John  :sad: :laugh:
I`ve had my LMIII for more than 20 years now, and have done a lot of long distance touring on it, riding long hours day after day on the stock seat, and I find it to be very comfortable.
And just in case it should get damaged, I keep one in reserve .

Offline Steph

• Gaggle Hero
  • Cali Stone/ LM3
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
The preaching is a bit of a turn off for me:

"If you have not owned a collectable vintage Moto Guzzi before this Lemans III is for you. Great Daily driver. Has very low mileage, and has a long life ahead of here. Moto Guzzi Lemans III fetching very good vintage collectable numbers, bike will only go up in value over the years. This is a real diamond"

It's a friggen tractor!!!

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:42 PM »
It's a friggen tractor!!!

Well, yeah.. but.. it's a shiny tractor.  :smiley: I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers. <shrug>
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Denis

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Information is not knowledge.
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »
 :angry:
Show me a Le Mans IV and I'll show you a Le Mans 1000.
'87 SPII, '74 Eldorado, '85 LeMans, '91 California, '71 Ducati 450 RT, '41 Indian 841, '40 Indian Model 640-B ex-Canadian Army

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 06:06:02 AM »
Speaking on behalf of the entire humanity now, are we John  :sad: :laugh:
I`ve had my LMIII for more than 20 years now, and have done a lot of long distance touring on it, riding long hours day after day on the stock seat, and I find it to be very comfortable.
And just in case it should get damaged, I keep one in reserve .

Well. I did say "my .02" I bought my 1st LeMans I '89 and still ride it. I tossed the stock 2x12 in the attic soon after that. You are obviously one hell of a man. You probably have steel cut oats for breakfast too👍
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

kidneb

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
Sorry John,- I may have confused it with a 20cent statement !  :rolleyes:  :laugh:
Seriously, I don`t understand why people dislike the LM 850 seats so much, finding them so terribly uncomfortable while I`m having such a good time on mine. It`s firm and narrow, just like a good MC saddle should be. In my world, the horrible seats are the wide and soft ones, they would kil me in a very short time.
But luckily I`d come across other motorcyclists out there who prefer their seats firm and narrow, so I`m not all alone in the mc universe in that regard.
I will allow myself to post a short video clip of myself and the LM3, just to give you an impression of the Helluva mans appearance in real life  :azn: He may look like an ordinary guy at first glance, but you never know-you know.
I had just bought a cheap pocket camera and wanted to test the film feature on it. So I handed it over to a friend, and this is what came out of it. Then, for the first (ands far the last) time, I uploaded a video on Youtube just for the fun of it,-and here we go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br76kC_hkEk
  Running the A type close ratio gearbox with the very tall 1st gear here.

Cheers
                                        Ben
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:26:53 PM by kidneb »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here