Author Topic: Looking for competent Florida Dealer  (Read 4132 times)

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
Looking for competent Florida Dealer
« on: January 15, 2017, 06:09:20 AM »
I haven't been keeping up to date on dealers in the state, but need to drop my 2010 Norge off for some work. Specifically for excessive popping on deceleration and running hot compared to my previous Norge's. I'm running a Mistral without the silencer and removed the O2 Optimizer at the suggestion of many here.
Jerry
Florida

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
Re: Looking for competent Florida Dealer
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »
What part of Florida?
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Offline Xlratr

• Gaggle Mentor
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 07:15:11 AM »
Assuming there's nothing mechanically wrong (air leak or similar), I'm not sure a dealer will be able to help much.
Do you have a laptop? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »
What part of Florida?

Anywhere in the state, but further south or east would be best.

Thanjs
Jerry
Florida

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:35:13 AM »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 11:36:30 AM »
Go to the dealer in Miami.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 11:45:09 AM »
excessive popping on deceleration

I'm running a Mistral without the silencer and removed the O2 Optimizer at the suggestion of many here.

Have you tried putting the db killer back in the muffler ?
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ridingron

• Gosling
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
Don't know where you are located. Are you aware of the dealer in Sanford? Can't vouch for their work, good or not good.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:30:38 AM by ridingron »

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »
[/quote

I'll give it a shot, but I kinda like the sound without it  :wink:
Jerry
Florida

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 01:04:34 PM »
Go to the dealer in Miami.

Well, that's kind of risky with the traffic and those that might be fond of my bike :wink:
Jerry
Florida

ponti_33609

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 05:23:59 AM »
Well, that's kind of risky with the traffic and those that might be fond of my bike :wink:

Hi Jerry - I know you prefer east but Robin at EuroCycles Tampa has/had a good rep working on Guzzi's.

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 05:59:02 AM »

This.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
There is a dealer in Pensacola that is my nearest since We lost the one in Baton Rouge. I don't know much about them, but would appreciate a report...
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Offline Noguzznoglory

• Gosling
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:42 AM »
There is a dealer in Pensacola that is my nearest since We lost the one in Baton Rouge. I don't know much about them, but would appreciate a report...

i,ve only had my bmw serviced at adventure motorsports and no problems. i talked with one of the techs about syncing throttle bodys on my breva and he seemed knowledgeable.
Black Cat on this forum personally knows some of the people there personally.
as far as this helps the OP, pensacola is a long way from SE Florida
93 750 Nighthawk
73 Honda CB350
73 Honda CL450
04 Breva 750
15 Norge
16 VERSYS 650

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Thank you!
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

Online blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
Personally, I'd download a new map before bringing it to a dealer.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 06:31:37 AM »
Hi Jerry - I know you prefer east but Robin at EuroCycles Tampa has/had a good rep working on Guzzi's.

Hi Bob,

The last time I was there, if I remember correctly, they were strictly BMW? Maybe I have them mixed up with someone else in Tampa?

Thanks
Jerry
Florida

ponti_33609

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 06:58:06 AM »
Hi Bob,

The last time I was there, if I remember correctly, they were strictly BMW? Maybe I have them mixed up with someone else in Tampa?

Thanks

They just got Guzzi back (again).....it may not last but their tech Robin rides an old v11 sport and is a certified Guzzi mechanic.  Been there quite a few years.  When I am there I usually see a few old Guzzi's in line for him to work on.

Online Vagrant

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 09:00:41 AM »
I haven't been keeping up to date on dealers in the state, but need to drop my 2010 Norge off for some work. Specifically for excessive popping on deceleration and running hot compared to my previous Norge's. I'm running a Mistral without the silencer and removed the O2 Optimizer at the suggestion of many here.

I had a 2010 Stelvio so the first question is what cam does it have. if you haven't put the latest roller cam in it every thing else is a mute point.
it will run better with the DB killer and you might still be able to hear next week.
I had Todd's re-flash done and it is a whole different animal. I highly recommend it. I'm sure the other maps work well to but first the cam change. also before they supply you with the cam they will give you a new center stand.
HE IS FREE WHO LIVES AS HE CHOOSES
2016 V7II, 2017 V7-III Blue special, 2022 V85 the fast red one! 2016 650 Versys
L-196, L-197

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:00 AM »
I had a 2010 Stelvio so the first question is what cam does it have. if you haven't put the latest roller cam in it every thing else is a mute point.
it will run better with the DB killer and you might still be able to hear next week.
I had Todd's re-flash done and it is a whole different animal. I highly recommend it. I'm sure the other maps work well to but first the cam change. also before they supply you with the cam they will give you a new center stand.

Norge cam change?
Jerry
Florida

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »
Don't know where you are located. Are you aware of the dealer in Sanford? Can't vouch for there work, good or not good.
Definitely don't go here. I purchased my new 2016 Griso from them and they put the wrong under sized battery on the bike. They put a small 12 AH battery in instead of the correct 18 AH battery, I didn't notice it until I got home a 150 miles away. (It was a small ATV battery that didn't fit and it flopped around in the battery box). Improper (low) final dive fluid and loose triple tree fork bolts. They are nice people to deal with, but I haven't used them for any service on the Guzzi. Since it wasn't properly set up, I wont be using them.

I can definitely vouch for these guys. They are a BMW, Aprilia, Ducati and Moto Guzzi dealer. I haven't used them for my Griso as of yet because its still so new and not ready for its first service yet. But they use to be a Triumph dealer, and when so, I have used them in the past for my Triumph bikes and always with great results.

pete roper

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
4V or 8V engine? I'd expect a 2010 to be a 4V but I haven't checked the model listing. If it's an 8V it needs rollerising if it hasn't been done. Then it needs to be tuned properly and the dBk puting back in and a new map.

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »
Definitely don't go here. I purchased my new 2016 Griso from them and they put the wrong under sized battery on the bike. They put a small 12 AH battery in instead of the correct 18 AH battery, I didn't notice it until I got home a 150 miles away. (It was a small ATV battery that didn't fit and it flopped around in the battery box). Improper (low) final dive fluid and loose triple tree fork bolts. They are nice people to deal with, but I haven't used them for any service on the Guzzi. Since it wasn't properly set up, I wont be using them.

Well crap. where were you when I asked if anybody had purchased there? 

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=87956.msg1389589#msg1389589

Picking up a V7 II Special next week....

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »
4V or 8V engine? I'd expect a 2010 to be a 4V but I haven't checked the model listing. If it's an 8V it needs rollerising if it hasn't been done. Then it needs to be tuned properly and the dBk puting back in and a new map.

Oops, sorry its a 2008, 2V Norge. My Tundra is a 2010. Too much stuff in the garage :wink:
Jerry
Florida

Offline zebraranger

• Gosling
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »
Well crap. where were you when I asked if anybody had purchased there? 

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=87956.msg1389589#msg1389589

Picking up a V7 II Special next week....
Sorry, I must have missed it. If I had seen it, I would have replied with something like: Very nice people to deal with on a personal level, and they have some of the best pricing that I've been able to find compared to two other dealers. But, if you buy a Guzzi from them, be sure to check it out properly because of my experience with the setup on my new Griso. As far as their pricing, there were only three new Griso's for sale in the state of Florida at the end of the year when I made the purchase.

The other two dealers were asking $12,900 for a new 2016 Griso. Seminole Powersports in Sanford let me have it for $11,400 with a end of the year markdown. Since they saved me $1500, I probably didn't get as pissed as I normally would have. But, I've been riding 40 years and have learned how most dealers operate, I know to always check and verify. Since I checked the bike over when I got it home, I was able to correct the fluid levels, check and re-torque all bolts, and finally get the correct battery. I'm not a Tech, but I'm savvy enough to be able to do most of my own work and maintenance and prefer to do it myself. That being said, since Guzzi is such a stickler over their warranty, I'll take it to Euro Cycles in Tampa for its first service and just save all receipts for all maintenance that I do over the two year warranty period..

Offline Gootsz

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »
I have used Red Ember in Daytona for my Cal 1400 and was happy in the difference the bike worked after his tune up.
Micky
Gootsz
Satellite Beach, FL
2009 GRISO
2014 CUSTOM
1975 BMW R90/6
THERE ARE NO WINNERS IN ROOM FULL OF LOSERS

Offline Jerryd

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 05:02:17 AM »
I have used Red Ember in Daytona for my Cal 1400 and was happy in the difference the bike worked after his tune up.
Micky

Hi Micky,

I stopped by there a couple of times just to look around. At the time they didn't seem to be well versed in MG. I also called them several times about getting a 1400 demo ride, but no success. It seemed they were more interested in selling Vespa's. Maybe they've changed in the last year?
Jerry
Florida

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here