Author Topic: Banned from forum  (Read 3166 times)

Offline rudyr

• Gosling
Banned from forum
« on: January 17, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »
Why with iPad I'm banned for life because bad attitude.  But with other iPad log on?rudyr
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 06:55:10 PM by oldbike54 »

Offline Daniel Kalal

• Gaggle Hero
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
Re: Banned from forum
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »
Why...

Just go with the flow.  My phone has been permanently banned since last June (I'm blocked from the site even without logging in).  The desktop works, so that's what I use.

oldbike54

Re: Banded from forum
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
 Rudy , it has to do with the fact that mobile devices have roving IP addresses . Evidently your device is currently using an address that has been banned , wait a few days , or try shutting it completely off , eventually it will start working again .

Dusty

Offline Daniel Kalal

• Gaggle Hero
  • Daytona, Stelvio [Kansas]
    • Trip Reports
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »
...eventually it will start working again.

or not.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »

Online Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:00:17 PM »
or not.

That Daniel guy needs to be banned. Always stirring stuff up. :sad:

And Rudy, abuses dogs 🐶 for a hobby!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:01:22 PM by Guzzistajohn »
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »
Rudy how come you have such a bad attitude ? Since it's winter maybe we can help. At  WildGuzzi we pride ourselves on being able to fix anything. So for a nominal fee us amateur psychiatrists  can take a wang at it on the WildGuzzi virtual couch.  :evil:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

oldbike54

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 07:04:05 PM »
or not.

OK , so not always . This Spring some members were e mailing me freaking out because they were seeing the "You have been banned for life, go away don't even try again" (OK I made some of that up) message  , seems to happen when the server recognizes a bad IP address . You guys haven't been to Nigeria recently , correct ?  :laugh:

Dusty

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 07:10:24 PM »

That Daniel guy needs to be banned. Always stirring stuff up. :sad:

And Rudy, abuses dogs 🐶 for a hobby!

Yeah , poor old Rose has to walk from the motor home to the fire when Rudy is hauling supplies in the hack , never saw a dog look so sad  :shocked: :laugh:

Rudy how come you have such a bad attitude ? Since it's winter maybe we can help. At  WildGuzzi we pride ourselves on being able to fix anything. So for a nominal fee us amateur psychiatrists  can take a wang at it on the WildGuzzi virtual couch.  :evil:

Amateur status implies free , which is about what it would be worth  :laugh: Come on down for the Knotanational and meet Rudy and his faithful dog Rose  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 07:53:30 PM »
From Kirby1923:
"I'm banned for life because bad attitude"

Bravo!!!

That would make a great sticker/patch!

:thumb:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 08:21:49 PM »
same browser on both ipads?
try refreshing browser. If Firefox go to Help drop down menu>troubleshooting info, click that and a new window opens>upper right side click "refresh Firefox..

cleans up a lot of stuff.. other browsers may differ but can be refreshed..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:22:39 PM by fotoguzzi »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Aaron D.

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 06:17:41 AM »
Kill the browser, clear cookies and restart. It happened to me wen I was at a dealership that apparently had its IP hacked and used for spam and got on a naughty list.

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »
50 years ago I got banned for life from a bar, for defending myself from an attack by a drunk patron (had to gently tap him on the head with a chair). As I left, the bartender/bouncer pulled me aside and said, "don't worry, I know you didn't start it but it's house policy; a lifetime ban here is about a month". Now it's "clear your cookies and restart your browser"  :laugh: :laugh:

PS, as a former IT guy doing network design including security, I'll add that security-by-IP address is a pretty crude tool. It works, sort of, but bad guys are probably way more adept than most at just switching addresses.
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 11:21:02 AM »
Why with iPad I'm banned for life because bad attitude.  But with other iPad log on?rudyr

Perhaps you just need an attitude adjustment.
Ask a girl out for a drink. That may help.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

oldbike54

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 11:33:35 AM »
50 years ago I got banned for life from a bar, for defending myself from an attack by a drunk patron (had to gently tap him on the head with a chair). As I left, the bartender/bouncer pulled me aside and said, "don't worry, I know you didn't start it but it's house policy; a lifetime ban here is about a month". Now it's "clear your cookies and restart your browser"  :laugh: :laugh:

PS, as a former IT guy doing network design including security, I'll add that security-by-IP address is a pretty crude tool. It works, sort of, but bad guys are probably way more adept than most at just switching addresses.

Not the only tool in Luap's box , considering there are like a kabillion attacks on WG everyday , what he is doing seems to work .

Dusty

Offline sturgeon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53:51 AM »
Not the only tool in Luap's box , considering there are like a kabillion attacks on WG everyday , what he is doing seems to work .

Dusty

Trust me, I guessed that! Especially given the noticeable absence of crud that sometimes infests online forums. Just adding my own experience with IPaddress-based (non)security. Using the 'tool' analogy, it's the equivalent of those cheesy 'tool' sets that modern motorcycles sometimes come with. And I do mean cheesy; the wrenches and screwdrivers work about as well as a block of cheddar  :laugh:

Some reading for the throne:

https://blog.radware.com/security/2015/06/r-i-p-to-ip-address-based-security/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:59:24 AM by sturgeon »
Dyslexics Untie!

11 Yamaha WR250R
14 Moto Guzzi V7S
16 BMW R1200R

Offline trippah

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 09:33:21 AM »
Security has sure changed - back in my Army intell days it was something like ..if a good looking girl approaches you at a bar, run (then take out wallet and buy her a drink ((Counterintelligence). :grin:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:34:00 AM by trippah »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here