Author Topic: Picture Perfect Evening  (Read 1625 times)

twowings

Picture Perfect Evening
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »

82 degrees...31% Humidity....birds mating...dog snoozing...Moscow Mule refreshing...Guzzi packed and ready to leave the hangar tomorrow @ 0900...life is good!

How are things with you?

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Picture Perfect Evening
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:53:29 PM »
 :thumb:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline JJ

• Gaggle Hero
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 05:58:24 PM »
97 degrees here in The Valley of the Sun....5% humidity...seasonal for this time of year....and not too bad, really... :wink:

However, "THE FURNACE" will begin officially May 31st

...and then, HELL season will begin....and roast on through Thanksgiving!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:58:57 PM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG
'98 V10 Centauro GT
Village of Oak Creek, AZ

twowings

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »
You old dinosaurs will just have to adapt or ????  :grin:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:01:33 PM »

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
Only 2" of rain fell today - compared to 7" yesterday. Spoutings overflowing, basement flooding, driveway in front of the shop is a pond. Roads washed out all around. More rain to come. I've had better evenings.  :angry:
Charlie

Offline drdwb

• Gaggle Hero
    • backfeelsgreat.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:07:38 PM »
84 degrees 14 % humidity 7 pm birds are singing, minnows under the dock, trees are getting green, life is good here in lake woebegon, Dr Bone should be enjoying his run through this area.
But we could use a little rain.
Enjoy your ride twowings.

07 Norge, 05 Baby Breva, 04 Stone  Touring , 03 EV, 82 650 Maxim 79 XS750 Special 78XS1100 Teraplane side car

twowings

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »
Only 2" of rain fell today - compared to 7" yesterday. Spoutings overflowing, basement flooding, driveway in front of the shop is a pond. Roads washed out all around. More rain to come. I've had better evenings.  :angry:

Sorry to hear, Charlie...sending positive weather vibes your way!  :wink:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 07:12:14 PM »
The wx is nice, here, unfortunately. We're in a drought.  :rolleyes: Got the crops planted, had a nice rain.. and nothing. For a long time.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline delrod

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 07:24:52 PM »
68 degrees here. Lots cooler after the storm went through about 5:30
Doug in Pittsburg KS
2003EVT

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »
Frog strangling rain fro the next 5 days, central NC.

oldbike54

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 07:35:52 PM »
 3 inches of rain earlier , about 3 yesterday , localized flooding , more rain coming , mosquitoes already bad . Weird how different conditions can be between here and Two Wings about 50 miles away. It is pleasant at the moment , except for the feral kitten that has taken up residence on our front porch . Little beggar has a foul disposition , can't catch it , won't leave .

Dusty

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:46 PM »
Frog strangling rain fro the next 5 days, central NC.

Yep, I'm headed out on the Norton for four days in the NC and TN mountains, riding 1000 miles or so.

I think that between the four days, they're predicting 6 inches of rain.

But I'm done with modifying my plans, especially long-term ones, because of a bad weather forecast.   I've found that the weather services, in order to get people to click and watch ads, "spin" the weather as hard as they can to make it sound terrible so that people will look at it all the time.

"Wind Chill" temperatures come before the real temperature, to get you excited because it's going to be 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO! AAAAH! AAAAAH! (Well, actually 18 degrees above zero unless you're naked outdoors).   

"Heat Index" in degrees Fahrenheit comes before the actual temperature;  "Did you hear it's going to be 105 tomorrow!?!?"    "No, I thought it was going to be 90?"   "Well, that doesn't count the Heat Index ...".

And a "100% chance of rain" doesn't mean that it's going to rain all day.   A day can be nice and sunny and a line of storms come through for 1 hour out of the 23, and the "100% chance" can be satisfied.

Now that I've said all that, I'll probably end up drenched and cold and wiping at my fogging visor all weekend and trying to start a bike that's been marinating in rainwater overnight and wish I'd never started out ...  :popcorn:

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 07:41:39 PM »
Got my �maters in this afternoon and having an old fashion after a nice stir fry for dinner. All is well, started out a really tough this morning but it�s all uphill from here :laugh:
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

twowings

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »

You know, the Creeks say the bad weather parts around the Council Oak...can't tell you how many times radar showed impending doom and then it goes south to Bixby/Broken Arrow/Okmulgee/Muskogee and north to Osage County/Washington County...mysterious forces at work!

Offline radguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • N 44° 01.233 W 069° 41.267 ~ Midcoast, Maine USA
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
Beautiful evening.  Our favorite birds are back, leaves are filling out where there are ten black flies under each one... lol  Bumble Bees are buzzin' around the azaleas.    After the deluge. 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:53:32 PM by radguzzi »
Current:
2004 EV Touring
'99 EV Hack
'76 V1000 'Vert
'80 SP 1000
2013 Harley FLHTC
'75 Triumph T160 Trident
'78 Triumph T140V Bonneville
'78 Yamaha XS 650
'88 Honda Hawk GT
'84 RZ350 KR
'71 Dalesman Trials

A VeeDub and an MGB...

The Journey is the Reward

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 09:29:31 PM »
70 here in Granville, NY. Apple trees are in bloom. So is everything else. The grass is growing at a rate of 2 inches per hour; so it seems. The big storm that hit NYC missed us so I think that I might get a good apple crop. Not that I know what to do with it.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline wavedog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 10:09:30 PM »

Went for a ride between rain showers this evening on my old Jackal, "Too Loose La Goose".

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »
Beautiful day in Colorado today.  Pics from my bike (pedal variety) ride this morning.  Did get the V7 out in the Pm for a little scoot.

Niwot, Colorado
'08 1200 Sport - Black
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline jcctx

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:51:02 AM »
3 inches of rain earlier , about 3 yesterday , localized flooding , more rain coming , mosquitoes already bad . Weird how different conditions can be between here and Two Wings about 50 miles away. It is pleasant at the moment , except for the feral kitten that has taken up residence on our front porch . Little beggar has a foul disposition , can't catch it , won't leave .

Dusty
A bit over 16 years ago one adopted us in about the same manner?????

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 08:06:03 AM »
It’s getting hot here in Waldheim, but the mornings are still nice. We’ve guests here now that will join us at the beach this weekend. I’ve been working the place hard since Cedar Vale...I’m enjoying the break.
"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here