Author Topic: WV Mountain Guzzi Rally - Sept. 30th - Oct. 2nd. AND the Kentucky rally . OOPS .  (Read 8899 times)

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
I received this information from Lemuel concerning both events, he asked that I pass it along.

August MGNOC and 11th Annual Mountain Guzzi Rally September 30 to October 2.
Dear friends,
I have been in France since mid-May with the exception of two weeks in Germany and will in all likelihood be here until July 2017. Obviously I won't be present at the August meeting at Boyer Station. However, there are a number of people who still plan to attend and I hope no one changes plans just because I can't be there. So please try to make it because it's a fantastic area and since most, if not all have been there, go join in and email to tell me what a great time you had.

I'm sure some of you will have questions regarding the rally so I'll say this now. The 11th annual Mountain Guzzi Rally at Pipestem will go on the first weekend in October, which this year will be September 30 through October 2. Carolyn will be handling everything, so go support her and our annual meeting.

Lemuel
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:32:51 PM by oldbike54 »
Charlie

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: WV Mountain Guzzi Rally
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:34:06 AM »
The latest from Lemuel:

The Mountain Guzzi Rally at Pipestem State Resort Park will be the weekend of September 30 to October 2. I can't be in attendance, so there will be some slight changes from the usual. This year the format will be more like our monthly meetings. Rather than formal registration and Carolyn providing the dinner on Friday at the meeting point, which is Shelter A beside the park office headquarters, the participants who want can have Friday dinner at the Bluestone Dining Room at the McKeever Lodge at Pipestem State Park. Saturday's breakfast at 9 will be at Kirk's in Hinton as usual. Saturday is for rides in the area and Saturday night everyone will go to Brandon's as we have for years now. Larry Clark will be helping with an informal registration and directions and information. I hope my absence doesn't cause yours. Come and enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:36:18 AM by Antietam Classic Cycle »
Charlie

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
Re: WV Mountain Guzzi Rally - Sept. 30th - Oct. 2nd.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:18 AM »
Charlie, any chance you and Morini going?
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline brlawson

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Si Fractum non sit, noli id reficere
Re: Kentucky rally Sept 23-25
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »
Good Rally. Lots of characters at this one.

B. Lawson
Madison, AL

'72 Suzuki Titan 500
'77 Yamaha RD400
'79 BMW R/65
'03 California Titanium
'10 Stelvio ABS
2000 v11 Sport

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »

Offline ChuckH

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
As Bruce says, it is a good rally.  Held at a private campground with very good facilities.  Good food and lots of really nice people.  No cell phone coverage down in the valley at the campsite but that is not a really bad thing.

Unfortunately for me, this year it is also the same weekend as the Hoosier Beemers Rally in Indiana.  I know several people who are planning to attend it, so I will probably miss the Kentucky get-together.

Ride safe and have fun.
Essential to the pursuit of happiness is knowing when you've caught it.
Life's what happens while you're making other plans.
I always knew I'd get old.  How fast it happened was a bit of a surprise, though.

'08 Chevy Corvette (non-Stealth, Bright Red)

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »
I'll be going to this rally after visiting with my sister and B-I-L in Liberty. I don't camp - are there any good "mom and pop" motels nearby?
Charlie

Orange Guzzi

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 11:07:11 AM »
I'll be going to this rally after visiting with my sister and B-I-L in Liberty. I don't camp - are there any good "mom and pop" motels nearby?

I am not a camper either.  I have stayed in town at the cheap hotels.  Better than a tent, but not the Ritz either.  I have also rode from home and back rather than camping.  Only an hour ride for me. 

I will work on the Louisville riders.  There are many of us here in the city now. 

oldbike54

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »
 A location and contact info might be helpful , unless it is a big secret , if so , in the words of Roseanne Roseanadanna ...  :laugh:

Dusty

Online Nick

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »
Sep 22 to Sep 25, 2016
16TH ANNUAL KENTUCKY FALL RALLY

Kentucky River Campground, 1489 Steel Branch Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601. It is hard to believe, but the Kentucky Guzzi Riders Fall Rally with be our 16th! Rally fee is $35. Camping is $8 per person per night. The rally site is about 9 miles north of Frankfort off U.S. 127. 866-227-2465. Hot showers and flush toilets. Contact Rally Chairman: Mike Gozia at 502-241-0337: 7004 Apple Orchard Lane, Crestwood, Kentucky 40014. Email: motogozi@yahoo.com.

oldbike54

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 11:36:47 AM »
 Thanks Nick  :thumb:

Dusty

Offline cwiseman

• Gaggle Mentor
    • C&D Motorsports
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:43:51 PM »

They have on site RV's you can rent for $75.00 a night, not a bad deal since you can enjoy the campfire BS and drinks in the evening with some great people.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:03:41 PM by cwiseman »
Moto Guzzi Robinson/C & D Motorsports
618-544-RIDE
Moto Guzzi dealer in South Eastern Illinois
Personal rides 2007 Calvin, 72 Eldo, V7 Classic, 75 RD350, GasGas Pampera 250 + a few others
2-stroke street bike enthusiast

Offline cwiseman

• Gaggle Mentor
    • C&D Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 03:57:04 PM »
I'll be there again this year and going to use it as a starting point for my vacation in the mountains of NC
618-544-RIDE
Personal rides 2007 Calvin, 72 Eldo, V7 Classic, 75 RD350, GasGas Pampera 250 + a few others

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »
They have on site RV's you can rent for $75.00 a night, not a bad deal since you can enjoy the campfire BS and drinks in the evening with some great people.

Something to consider. Since I don't drink "adult" beverages, riding somewhere at the end of the day isn't an issue though.
Charlie

bpreynolds

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 10:32:13 AM »
Since I don't even own a Guzzi anymore, what is the price for driving a KTM?  Wait a minute, don't answer that.  Cue up the Deliverance banjos.   :boozing: :grin:

oldbike54

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 10:42:22 AM »
Since I don't even own a Guzzi anymore, what is the price for driving a KTM?  Wait a minute, don't answer that.  Cue up the Deliverance banjos.   :boozing: :grin:

Wait , WHAT ?

Dusty

bpreynolds

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 10:54:25 AM »
Wait , WHAT ?

Dusty

Yessir.  They are all gone, gone, gone.  Who says tigers can't change their stripes?  :boozing: 

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
For those that haven't been.. it's an intimate little rally, I'd guess normally about 75 people. Set on a curve of the Kentucky river. Big pavilion to hang out and shoot the breeze in. Huge stone fireplace in one end. Clean showers and restrooms. Good food and lots of it.
John normally leads a ride through gorgeous horse country and maybe a stop or 3 at distilleries. Just a nice laid back rally where you get to meet some people, hang around the fireplace, and have a good time.
There'll be maps of twisty roads, etc. They're pretty darn good roads. :) There's a walk in beer cooler up the road.
Oh. One other thing.
There may be some bourbon involved. :)
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline cwiseman

• Gaggle Mentor
    • C&D Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »
Something to consider. Since I don't drink "adult" beverages, riding somewhere at the end of the day isn't an issue though.

I thought for red suspender people Ensure was the adult beverage of choice, the chocolate flavor isn't too bad.
618-544-RIDE

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 09:16:08 PM »

Doesn't look like I'm going after all.  :sad:
Charlie

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 06:45:50 AM »
We'll miss you, Charlie.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Online Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for getting the rally info out there for us. ChuckH we're going miss you this yr. Prep work in full swing now. Wood is cut for the fireplace, burgers and brats ordered, chili is made( Karla made it before her knee surgery a few weeks ago)and the camp ground looks great. I've been out riding some of the routes(I know, tough job, but someone has to do it).Found a really cool ice cream joint I think everyone will enjoy.Thanks again and looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.   JohnB

PS:ChuckH. Just because you ride a Bimmer now we still love ya.

Offline Dean Rose

• Gaggle Hero
    • Twin Valley Riders
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »
Thanks everyone for getting the rally info out there for us. ChuckH we're going miss you this yr. Prep work in full swing now. Wood is cut for the fireplace, burgers and brats ordered, chili is made( Karla made it before her knee surgery a few weeks ago)and the camp ground looks great. I've been out riding some of the routes(I know, tough job, but someone has to do it).Found a really cool ice cream joint I think everyone will enjoy.Thanks again and looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.   JohnB

PS:ChuckH. Just because you ride a Bimmer now we still love ya.

John,

Thanks for checking up on me, it will be probably be a month or two before I'm back in the saddle.
I really was planning on getting to your rally this year. Sure hope every thing goes well, ride safe and have fun on that new Stelvio.

Thanks,

Dean
Magnolia '02 EV
Sophia '06 Breva 1100 
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Offline dennylee11

• Gosling
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2016, 12:17:41 PM »
 My usual crew and I will be there - but, only Thursday and Friday. Leaving Saturday so as to meet other obligations.

I'll be riding my new Honda Africa Twin. But, I'm hoping that this upcoming year (2017) I will be able to put an MG back in my garage as well!

Denny
Triple VET (USAF/USN/ANG)
2021 Moto Guzzi V7iii Stone

Online Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 08:47:18 AM »
Denny,  Looking forward to seeing you and your Africa Twin.Haven't seen one yet. Have a safe ride. 

oldbike54

West Virginia mountain rally Sep 30-Oct-2
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 07:50:05 PM »
 No details , fill us in folks .

Dusty

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: West Virginia mountain rally Sep 30-Oct-2
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 08:36:13 PM »
Posted it all here before:
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=84934.msg1348831#msg1348831

and it's all on the MGNOC RallyCalendar:
http://www.mgnoc.com/rally_calendar.html

Pipestem State Resort Park. Make reservations early. Lodge rooms and cabins sell out. Always plenty of camping. I (Lemuel Stephens) can't be in attendance, so there will be some slight changes from the usual. This year the format will be more like our monthly meetings. Rather than formal registration and Carolyn providing the dinner on Friday at the meeting point, which is Shelter "A" beside the park office headquarters, the participants who want can have Friday dinner at the Bluestone Dining Room at the McKeever Lodge at Pipestem State Park. Saturday's breakfast at 9:00 will be at Kirk's in Hinton as usual. Saturday is for rides in the area and Saturday night everyone will go to Brandon's as we have for years now. Larry Clark will be helping with an informal registration and directions and information. I hope my absence doesn't cause yours. Come and enjoy. Lemuel Stephens
Charlie

Bill Hagan

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 07:39:19 AM »

Just made reservations, in 30, out 2.

Kathi's in Seattle then, so I can escape "The List" ... tho there will be a reckoning.  :thewife: :laugh:

Assuming others here going.  Anyone from near the top of Virginia? 

My intended route down pretty much this: https://goo.gl/maps/oXspzmKK2B72

Bill

• Gaggle Hero
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 08:31:34 AM »
Since I'm not going to Kentucky after all, I am hoping to go to this. Might ride the Morini.
Charlie

Offline creaky99

• Gosling
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2016, 03:02:09 AM »
I would like to show up for 2-3 days, turns out I can come only for one day. Is there a ride to Rabbit Hash planned?
Once you go over the hill, you pick up speed!

'98 Moto Guzzi EV11

Online Bigtime

• Hatchling
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 06:06:46 AM »
Unfortunately, the general store at Rabbit Hash burnt to the ground this past spring. Truly sad. The Sat. ride will include a tour of Buffalo Trace Distillery and a country ride to a very neat ice cream shop.

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here