Author Topic: Nevada Service Manual  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
Nevada Service Manual
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:08:08 AM »
The Nevada and I are getting along better now.  I think at first it was just something different that I needed to adjust to, but now that I've got close to 1,000 miles it, she's a keeper.

I'm looking to learn how to do the basic maintenance tasks on my Nevada, so I thought getting the service manual would be a good place to start.  I thought I saw somewhere I could buy it online the other day, but I can't find it now of course.  Does anyone know somewhere it's available?

One more thing, I'm looking to possibly replace my turn signals.  Is there a recommendation for something different that looks better than stock, which is I know is subjective?  Thanks for any help.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Nevada Service Manual
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 06:16:23 AM »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 06:33:28 AM »
Smallblock service manuals are available on the Files page of the yahoo group:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MG_750/info
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:47:44 AM »
 Thanks for the replies, so there's no one all inclusive workshop manual?  I don't mind paying.

What I really want to do is to be able to change the oil/air filter, brake pads, maybe take off the pipes for cleaning.  I can let the shop do the rest.  Is there anything else I'm missing there for easy maintenance?  Thanks again.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 03:47:44 AM »

Offline pikipiki

• Gosling
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
What I really want to do is to be able to change the oil/air filter, brake pads, maybe take off the pipes for cleaning.  I can let the shop do the rest.  Is there anything else I'm missing there for easy maintenance?  Thanks again.
I've done all that on my V7
The manuals sugested should help, I think theres even how to's for those jobs on the yahoo small block group you really should check. theres definitly some good information regarding oil change.
you may need a 7mm allen for the front brake.
the cans come off easy although I would not remove the front part of the exhaust from the cylinder head without good reason.
the air filter is probably the hardest job, not technically difficult just very time consuming so expect to spend a couple of hours the first time you try this.

other easy jobs you may try. changing spark plugs and checking valve lash.
spark plugs are so damned simple to change and inexpensive I changed mine the week I bought my bike.

Offline malik

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
Other than the bodywork & some frame lugs, the Nevada, Breva & early (twin throttle body) V7 Classic & Cafe Classic are virtually the same. Most of the instructions for one will apply to the others. Do loosen the nuts (5mm allen key) on the exhaust headers every now and again - they tend to seize on the threads with the heat and long use. Basic maintenance is easy & straight forward, apart from the aforementioned air filter - the yahoo group Files pages is your friend here. Enjoy.
2010 V7 Classic, 2014 V7 Special
1996 1100 Sport Carb (in NZ), 2004 V11 LeMans (in UK)
Carberry Enfield V-Twin, 2008 Royal Enfield Electra, 2006 RE Electra 535

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 01:03:25 AM »
I found a few more interesting things:

The top one is on the side of the tank, the other is on the top of the side panel.  They're small so no big deal, but I'd like to fix them if possible, is that possible?

This is looks like a left over choke lever, but I'm wondering what it is:

Thanks for any help.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 07:43:10 AM »
On the left handlebar switch is the lever to advance throttle for cold starts. Not really a choke. Should have a cable to it that goes to pivot on TB just like the throttle.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Calculon

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
Thanks Steve.  That's interesting for a bike fuel injection.  I'll have to consult the manual to see how to set it as it's not a good cold starter.  If you don't let it warm up a few minutes, it dies on the first clutch pull, though is fine after that.
2015 Honda Forza 300 ABS

Offline Tom H

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 03:27:47 PM »
At least on my Cali, it simply holds the throttle on while the bike warms up. You could also twist the throttle and hold it while it warms.

If I remember right, in colder areas, your supposed to use it or the bike won't start, easily at least. I just twist the grip a touch and my bike fires right up.

Tom
2004 Cali EV Touring
1972 Eldo
1970 Ambo V1000
1973 R75/5 SWB with Toaster
2007 HD Street Bob
1953 Triumph 6T (one day it will be on the road!)

Fuzzy

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »
On my Nevada the lever provides a slightly higher idle that the bike really enjoys when I start it cold. Without the lever operated it'll start and idle, but it stumbles upon acceleration when it is cold. With the lever pulled I still get some of that but it is not as bad. The difference is maybe 200 RPM.

Offline sign216

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi 750s - Breva, Nevada, V7, etc
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
I think theres even how to's for those jobs on the yahoo small block group you really should check.

The "how to's" for the Nevada and other 750 bikes are on the other yahoo group, on the Links and Files pages:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/MG_750/info
09 Guzzi V7C
58 BMW R50
65 Gilera 106
69 Benelli 350

https://groups.io/g/Moto-Guzzi-750

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here