Author Topic: Rejoined the trike. Oleo Ranch Edition  (Read 17061 times)

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: Rejoined the trike. Now which direction do I go?
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:23 AM »
I hear Baja is nice this time of year...

Too many furriners south of the border.  Don't know why.  But I can't understand what they say.  Get too far north and they make fun of my hearing problem -- keep going "Eh?" all the time like they can't hear so good too, even though we both know their ears are just fine.  So I think I'll pencil my routes between the big lines.   :huh:

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 02:15:00 AM »
A couple of fun options here:

You could review our counsel and make your own decisions

We could bid for your company - highest ( or lowest ! ) bidder gets you

You could do a series of kickstarter initiatives that would facilitate your travels

You could just cut letters out of newspapers and paste them on a page with Guzzi-oriented manifestos

Maybe it's in the marketing.... I want to be useful along the way -- put another set of eyes on a problem bike/car or tune up a PC -- whatever I'm capable of doing.  Have duc tape, will travel!  Got a problem Convert?  Gotcha covered.  Need the carbs synched on your Volvo 122?  I like those!  VW aircooled a specialty.  No job too far.

Offline jkguzzi

• Gosling
    • JKnorth
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2016, 06:12:14 AM »
I don't own the problem Convert anymore but if you are in northern Michigan I have a room you can use. I'm about 45 minutes south of the Mackinac Bridge.

Fuzzy

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »
All I have is a itty bitty beat up Nevada and a couch should you need it, but you pretty much have to go through Madison if you're going to Milwaukee.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2016, 06:41:44 AM »

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2016, 10:23:25 AM »
Maybe it's in the marketing.... I want to be useful along the way -- put another set of eyes on a problem bike/car or tune up a PC -- whatever I'm capable of doing.  Have duc tape, will travel!  Got a problem Convert?  Gotcha covered.  Need the carbs synched on your Volvo 122?  I like those!  VW aircooled a specialty.  No job too far.

I have an EV with a perpetual electrical problem in SC that could always use an extra pair of ears and eyes. Central SC, near Columbia. Plenty of room at the inn and housing for the trike.  :boozing: :boozing: :thumb:
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Online ccoli

• Gaggle Hero
  • What? Me Worry?
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
I have plenty of projects. Can keep your interest up for a few days at least. Accommodation and food are good.
If you're really feeling ambitious, maybe we can change the clutch in the rig.

Wisconsin MGNOC Rep
03 EVT/EML hack, 99 Bassa, SPIII, 3-78 Robins, 75 T3, 74 Eldo, 32 Sport15, Ambo custom.

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
I have plenty of projects. Can keep your interest up for a few days at least. Accommodation and food are good.
If you're really feeling ambitious, maybe we can change the clutch in the rig.

clutches R us!

I'd be pleased to do a clutch.  I'm a little limited in my ability to lift a transmission, but I can insert a swing arm or centerstand in about 30sec and I align index marks like nobodys' business.  :food:  Also have vacuum sticks on board. 

lucydad2

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2016, 12:26:19 PM »
Luxury accommodations in Sugar Land, TEXAS.  Includes gourmet Italian food and wine, two poodles licking your toes, shady patio, and full stocked bar.  Plenty of parking for trike. 

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2016, 04:04:38 PM »
You'll want to be heading South after Wisconsin. It's that time of year. You're welcome here at the 36-18 B&B for lost aviators on your way. I suppose you could tune up Dorcia's laptop if you *need* something to do..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »
Luxury accommodations in Sugar Land, TEXAS.  Includes gourmet Italian food and wine, two poodles licking your toes, shady patio, and full stocked bar.  Plenty of parking for trike.
RK, I'd land here and stay all winter! :thumb:
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2016, 05:24:05 PM »

Geez...I guess you have to come from the far lands of Alaska to get an invite to the villa!  Lucky you RK!!   :grin: :grin: 

Here I was thinking that the villa would be ready to host a Houston Guzzi rider get together...sort of the "in town" version of the GRIT rally given the relatively central location for all riders between Galveston and the Woodlands!   :thumb: :thumb:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:24:50 PM by PJPR01 »
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline johnr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 06:38:28 PM »
Lot's of great offers here RK. I suspect that in the back of your mind you have either a general direction or a couple of destinations you want to make. Failing that, which way is your nose pointing?
New Zealand
2002 Ev tourer (Stalled again...)

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »
John, right now I'm not pointed anywhere except away from snow.  I'm going to join a bunch of dots on the map and see what picture emerges.  I want to take the back way, get a look at the country, and meet some of the folks that I've only known from here.  Over the next few days I'll be visiting or riding with JohnA, Hahanda, and Ccoli.  Then I'd best be turning south for maybe Indiana.  The exact route will depend on weather, I suppose.  I want to stay without direction until a week or so into November.  The stars say events in the next couple of weeks could affect my outlook, if you know what I mean.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2016, 12:49:22 AM »
 :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2016, 01:22:58 AM »
Well RK if you ever put an outboard motor on that thing and make it across the pond I'm sure we can squeeze you in in Lincolnshire somewhere and I'll chuck the concrete mixer out of the garage so the trike has somewhere to live  :grin:

Just been looking at fotoguzzs'i pics and have a question. On the picture of the dash one switch/gauge is labelled air. Do you have air suspension on it?

Cheers and good luck

Tris
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2016, 11:54:23 AM »
I hear Greenpeas has a concrete boat (cement actually) to play pirate with.  Maybe we could do something with your mixer and a Johnson.

Yes, the trike has an air compressor.  It runs support for the airbags and there's a quick disconnect for a hose so I can air up tires and such.  the airbag plenum has two pressure valves preset to 'light' and 'loaded'.  I can toggle to either, override for more, turn it off completely, and purge air with another button.  The 'light' setting is 32# and 'loaded' is 60#.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »
It's a cool rig to see in person.  :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline tris

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2016, 01:46:54 PM »
Neat

By the way I think you should turn left  :grin:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2016, 02:44:50 PM »
Where will you vote? Don't say for who or the whole thread will deteriorate.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »
Each state should have rules that allow for transient voters.

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2016, 01:04:48 AM »
Where will you vote? Don't say for who or the whole thread will deteriorate.

I'm an Alaska resident still.  We can smoke signal in to the polls if the dogsled is broken, so doing the absentee ballot is how a lot of us upscale folks who winter elsewhere do it. 

The league of woman voters runs our polling places.  They give you a cookie and a sticker and a glass of juice, just like when you give blood.  I don't know if the wait is long or not because everyone in the lines (2 lines -- A-M and M-Z, and three polling places in town) is gossiping, eating cookies and drinking juice.  Sometimes someone brings salmon dip and chips.  Since everyone knows everyone, when you get to the ledger lady she's already got the page open to your name.

Our only voting irregularity was the time they were renovating the Centennial hall (city meeting place) and had to move the precinct to the Salvation Army hall.  there was confusion because nobody reads the papers.  They had to station a cop at the hole in the ground where the local/state polls should be to 'splain the new address.  The fun part was that next month when the federal election happened, so again did the confusion.  Quite irregular.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2016, 08:18:09 AM »
Well, Did you beat the weather and turn right yet?
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Online rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2016, 03:49:52 PM »
Due to a weather delay I began rolling again on thurs AM.  Met up with John A and we took our six wheels to visit hahanda in Camden, WI, a bit north and east of Minneapolis.  I parted co with him along the route home ~5PM and arrived at ccoli's house about 2AM.  Not wanting to wake folks I camped in his driveway.  We'll be changing the clutch in his sidehack as soon as the parts arrive.

No drama except the left handlebar pod is dead (no brite, turn or horn), and I stupidly allowed a soft brake line to get close to something hot.  So I have no rear brake right now (line needs replaced  :embarrassed: ) and I have to find the pod connector and plug it back together.  I suspect it came disconnected when I ran the forks up into the trees -- should be easy.  Brake line not so much.

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2016, 04:32:43 PM »
 :cool:You may find the line where you are, it's a big metropolitan area. Glad your trip is going well. Still 80 here and not cooling off anytime soon. I'm on 3 wheels now, they all need exercising.  Nice to get parts there the next day at no extra charge. Happy Crabbin :boozing:
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Hahnda

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Scrambler Cycle
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2016, 12:07:13 PM »
Thanks for the visit last week. Good luck with the rest of the journey.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:09:52 PM by Hahnda »
2003 V11 Lemans - 2000 Quota w/ Sidecar
1996 California - 1976 Convert
1975 850T -750S Project - 1975 Eldorado Police
1973 Eldorado - 3x 1971 Ambassador
1970 Ambassador - 1963 Stornello Sport
1949 GTV - 1948 Airone

www.scramblercycle. com

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 06:17:43 PM »
I enjoyed the visit with David and Kevin at Scrambler cycle. Kevin has a well equipped shop for all your Guzzi needs
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 10:18:04 PM »
Each state should have rules that allow for transient voters.

Trying to start some shit, aren't you?  :copcar:  It's called mail your vote in to your home state.  But most transients don't give a wit about things like voting.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 10:33:47 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 11:22:08 PM »
The voting rules allow a voter to walk up day of the election to vote.  Should be the same in all other states but as Dave says.  He's doing a mail in ballot.

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:09 AM »
The voting rules allow a voter to walk up day of the election to vote.  Should be the same in all other states but as Dave says.  He's doing a mail in ballot.

I don't think that's true in all states. If it is, no wonder our ballot counts are questionable for accuracy.  :evil:

Offline guzzimatic

• Gosling
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
RK, you have many options and here is mine,as Peter Egan is so fond of pointing out,Illinois is south of Wisconsin and full of corn fields,most picked now,and while there are great roads in Missouri,we have a few gems...I have spare bed,shop,etc.and the 'Vert flywheel I got from you a while back...would Love to see the trike on your way to warmer climes!
big Jim Walker bikes:'08 Norge,02'DR650,'84LeMans III,,'78 honda cb750k,'78 BMW R100S,'77 Ducati 860GT ES,'77honda XR75, '76 GUZZI convert,'75 850T cafe[project],'75 RD350 yamaha,'74 NORTON commando,'72 750 Norton flattrack replica,'72 250 Rickman-Montesa,'72 XL250 Honda Mosport[first bike

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here