Author Topic: NGC Ireland  (Read 1202 times)

Offline CTYANKEE

• Hatchling
NGC Ireland
« on: July 11, 2018, 01:39:03 PM »
In Ireland for 2&1/2 weeks. Weather has been so perfect. High of 68 almost everyday. They are calling it a heat wave. So many motorcycles, but no Guzzis. Started in Tully Cross in Connemara, I want to live there forever. On to the Cliffs of Moher, through Connor pass (one lane cliff edges but supposed to be two!) and now in Dingle. This scenery is the most beautiful I've ever seen. Love to come back on a bike. If anyone gets the chance, jump on it, was expecting it to be this beautiful.

delete itunes account

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
Re: NGC Ireland
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Wow! Lucky you!!  :thumb:

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 01:43:56 PM »
It looks lovely.  Thank you for sharing. :thumb:
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline rider33

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »
I was just over in Ireland a couple of weeks ago, motorcycle heaven, unfortunately I was in a car (family).  Aside from the stunning roads in and about County Clare, what I found most interesting was the mix of bikes.  In the middle of nowhere out west in the US I tend to see 1) Harley’s 2) Wing’s and 3) BMW’s (sorry, rarely a goose).  On the wild west of Ireland what I tended to see the most of were vintage sport bikes, like Honda Blackbirds and such.  It clicked into high releaf why so many of the more interesting new bikes never make it to the states,  your average rider in Ireland lusts after performance and handling, not chrome.  Given many of the roads, I fully understand why.
"some journeys continue long after movement in time and space has ceased"  -Steinbeck

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »

Offline CTYANKEE

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 02:26:04 AM »
Yes, lots of older sport bikes. In the Connemara  though, I saw mostly bmw adventure bikes of various displacement. Many more riders than I’m used to seeing back in states, and maybe just my experience, but drivers are so much more polite and patient than I’ve seen. Perhaps because the roads can be quite a challenge and everyone has to get along, or maybe it’s the Guiness :boozing:

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
I was just over in Ireland a couple of weeks ago, motorcycle heaven, unfortunately I was in a car (family).  Aside from the stunning roads in and about County Clare, what I found most interesting was the mix of bikes.  In the middle of nowhere out west in the US I tend to see 1) Harley�s 2) Wing�s and 3) BMW�s (sorry, rarely a goose).  On the wild west of Ireland what I tended to see the most of were vintage sport bikes, like Honda Blackbirds and such.  It clicked into high releaf why so many of the more interesting new bikes never make it to the states,  your average rider in Ireland lusts after performance and handling, not chrome.  Given many of the roads, I fully understand why.

Me, too. Last Year.  The bike I saw the most was Super tenere.  But it was April.
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline uncle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »
Wow... I know all the places you mentioned.  Years ago (a lot of years ago) we used to stay in Tully Cross across the street from Paddy Coins Pub - back then (Sean and Noel I believe) were young men still working for their father Paddy Coin who catted a lot of weight in the little town back then.  I am so jealous and hope to get back there again one day....

Ever onward...

Offline CTYANKEE

• Hatchling
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 04:05:20 AM »
Wow... I know all the places you mentioned.  Years ago (a lot of years ago) we used to stay in Tully Cross across the street from Paddy Coins Pub - back then (Sean and Noel I believe) were young men still working for their father Paddy Coin who catted a lot of weight in the little town back then.  I am so jealous and hope to get back there again one day....
Amazing! Tulley Cross was our favorite. Paddy Coins was excellent, everyone goes there, had to go early to avoid the two hour wait. I loved the little grocery store in town that listed the kill date for the fresh meat they sell, which was better than any hamburger or lamb I’ve ever had. We will be back also.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here