Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Price Check: 2008 Nevada 17,600 miles
« Last post by Gustav on Today at 04:26:49 PM »
All I know is my Nevada is the easiest, smoothest bike I've ever had for pushing or loading in the truck. Paul
After reading all the discussions about people wanting to disable or remove the ABS apparatus, it occurred to me: If you don't like ABS, why not just dis-able it (push the button) every time you fire the bike up?
Because a yellow warning light flashes incessantly.
General Discussion / Re: Norge oil sensor connection controversy
« Last post by brider on Today at 04:02:15 PM »
Update:

Replaced the oil sensor with the part from MG with the vertical spade instead of OEM nail-head (used an open-end wrench and a million fractional turns to get it loose, then it spun off), and I also pulled the inner plugs to look at them and apply anti-seize to the threads.

RToD still came on when I turned on the key (after re-installing the dash) :angry:. What's up with that? Do I need to go into the diagnostic menu and input that 25XXX code and clear codes? I thought the new sensor would make the RToD go away. I crimped the connector so it was really difficult to jamb on, figured that HAD to make a good connection.
« Last post by Mwether on Today at 04:00:54 PM »
The Cali will fit the bill if you're planning on touring out of state and having a pax.  The Nevada will feel cramped if two up.  Capable for solo riding.  If you're 6' or more the California would be a better fit.

5'8" and my wife hates bikes, so I'm good here!  :grin:
« Last post by faffi on Today at 03:40:07 PM »
Personally, I consider a V7 to be twice as valuable as a Nevada, because if I bought the latter, I would have to change a lot for it to suit my preferences. However, everything is worth what you are willing to part with. I think it is better to buy with emotions than thinking about resale value, because emotions usually cause more happiness than resale value.
General Discussion / Re: Front brake cable holder
« Last post by Air-Cooled on Today at 03:13:43 PM »
Thanks so much for the photos cliffrod!  If I need to shape it myself from straight stock wire I'll use this tool:

After reading all the discussions about people wanting to disable or remove the ABS apparatus, it occurred to me: If you don't like ABS, why not just dis-able it (push the button) every time you fire the bike up?

BTW, I plugged the dash back in and turned on the key, no ABS warning lights or anything, so I guess I'll leave it dis-connected.
« Last post by Tom on Today at 03:05:03 PM »
The Cali will fit the bill if you're planning on touring out of state and having a pax.  The Nevada will feel cramped if two up.  Capable for solo riding.  If you're 6' or more the California would be a better fit.
« Last post by Tkelly on Today at 02:47:36 PM »
Nevadas are rare and some folks are willing to pay accordingly,although the newer 750s are probably better from a performance standpoint.
General Discussion / Re: Offically an old geezer rider
« Last post by Mike Crenshaw on Today at 02:44:22 PM »
I was taught by a Guzzista many years ago that there are four basic stages to getting older.   Age 60 you become a Geezer; age 65 you become a Coot; age 70 you finally reach Codge statusr; age 75 you are officially a Curmudgeon.  You can be an Old Fart at any age.  Hey, you kids get off my lawn and don't even think about touching that bike!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here