Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by tommy2cyl on Today at 02:41:29 PM »
I wear an old Tourmaster black mesh jacket and it works well for me.  If it gets cold I use long sleeve underneath with a rain jacket on top and it is
surprising how well it will keep you warm. Of course with mesh jackets you wick away moisture and dehydrate quicker so you have to
be conscious of taking in more water.  Everything is a trade.   
General Discussion / Re: Bad Idea? Norge Sportifed
« Last post by Mayor_of_BBQ on Today at 02:17:48 PM »
there was a member here who did just what you are proposing. His bike was silver, perhaps the very same bike in your 2nd pic
General Discussion / Re: 2024 V85 TT merged threadfest
« Last post by MattiGuzzi on Today at 12:58:34 PM »
Any word on availability date in the US yet?
General Discussion / Re: welding question 75 850 T
« Last post by xackley on Today at 12:45:23 PM »
If you are talking real MIG, not flux core, you will probably be Okay.

Disclaimer. The only welding on a frame was my goldwing. I used 3/16 70-18 rod to reconnect the side stand. When cleaning the area with a grinder the sparks should be a bright golden yellow. That would indicate typical mild steel.
Don

Edit: There is no down side to pre-heating area to 150* F to ensure slow cooling of the weld.
If the pegs are stainless I would use 309 stainless wire.
« Last post by QuickLime on Today at 12:34:23 PM »
Boston area here! I recently got a Revit Airwave 3 and it flows an incredible amount of air. I would definitely recommend it for higher temps. Obviously it's always a trade-off of protection vs comfort, but the new Airwave 4 is CE AA rated and reportedly just as good in terms of airflow. My daily jacket is an A-stars Halo (with removable drystar jacket) and with the AA sleeves removed and chest/back vents open it's also surprisingly flowy. Usually good for me up to the 70s, then I want to switch to the full mesh. The Halo is great for a single jacket though, I've worn it down to the low 30s with the rain later as a windstopper, and then when it gets hot you can take that off, open the vents, etc.
General Discussion / Re: V50 III airbox hoses?
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 11:51:25 AM »
Large outlet on on underside of the breather section of the airbox to "Y" hose, small outlet on the underside of breather section is oil return hose to the sump, small fitting on the left side of the rubber boot is a drain to ground.
« Last post by jcctx on Today at 11:40:31 AM »
Bad advice but if you leave the armor in they are all hot. Had 2 different ones, 1 black, 1 silver; not a lot of difference. The back armor out helps the most with heat. A tip on mesh, with a good rain jacket over them they make a good cold weather alternative. I used a Stearn fishing jacket
Central MA here :-)  From 2011 (wow): I have a Cortech GX Air Series 2 mesh waist length jacket that I like a lot. It zips to Olympia Airglide 3 mesh Pants. Cortech GX Air 2 gloves complete the feeling like I'm riding in shorts and tshirt but they all have padding. I haven't tested the abrasion resistance yet.

jim
General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by faffi on Today at 11:14:10 AM »

"from NHTSA:

Per mile traveled in 2018, the number of deaths on motorcycles in the U.S. was nearly 27 times the number in cars;
Studies estimate that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of dying in a crash by 37 to 42%; and
Unhelmeted riders are 3 times more likely than helmeted ones to sustain traumatic brain injuries in the event of a crash."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2021/05/31/thinking-of-not-wearing-a-motorcycle-helmet-think-again/?sh=60cd0461301b

Interesting. Not what I was told by the national road service some years back, but if true it really does make an even stronger case for wearing a helmet.
General Discussion / V50 III airbox hoses?
« Last post by jamesfjamesf on Today at 11:08:45 AM »
I'm down to the final stretch, of course the last 5% is taking just as long as the first 95%.  I didn't take as many pictures as I should have of the boring stuff. For now I'm retaining the stock airbox. There are 3 hoses that connect to it. At the front is the breather 2 into 1 junction from the valve covers. At the very back is, I think, the drain hose back to the oil sump, since it's covered in oil, but maybe not. And just behind the breather hose connection is a smaller hose connection and I have no idea what connects there. I've been on the internet all week looking at pictures, videos, diagrams, forums, and nowhere is the hose information listed. The only clue is that some fiches don't show any hose to that second opening. Can anyone confirm the hose routing?

thanks,
jim

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here