Author Topic: V7 III Milano  (Read 18622 times)

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
Re: V7 III Milano
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2018, 09:01:02 AM »
There are leftover '16 V7s out there.  Just the nature of the beast I guess.  I could have bought a '17 Stone or Special at a discount, but decided that I really wanted the Carbon and every time I have bought a bike at a discount I have spent thousands more trying to make it the way I really wanted it.  I decided I didn't want any plastic bits on my V7 and would have eaten up any savings when changing out all the plastic parts for carbon or aluminum. 

Of course I could have waited another year and bought a leftover Carbon, but I might not be alive tomorrow and I have the money so...

Remember you could recoup some of you parts investment by selling the plastic bits...
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2018, 10:04:11 AM »
Looks like I found my next motorcycle purchase, thanks for sharing!!

It sure is sweet looking.  Mags & a tach!  That tank color is strange but it's sooo glossy it looks wet in person.  I like it.

I think a tan leather tank bag and seat would be the icing on the cake.
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline Daleroso

• Gosling
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »
There is no perfect m/c. The '18 t120 & '18 Carbon Shine I have now are perfect. Through 53 yrs of riding many different bikes there were a few perfect for me @ different times. If I HAD to submit a consideration for a perfect m/c, all variables considered,  it would be BMW's k75. Murray wouldn't have liked it either. The 2 main complaints were similar to Murray's here. Too slow & to small. Those complaints were almost always by riders that wanted to EXCESIVILY speed or were obese.
As Alan Girdler once opined, all the R&D by mfgrs increasing performance .2 or .3 over last years model merely increases the speed at which one day you will eventually crash.
In the meantime, Murry, please take it somehere else.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »
I found that with K75 engines the higher the rev's maintained while riding the character of the bike changed. 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2018, 08:06:29 PM »
A well sorted Tiger 1050 was the same way.  Completely different bike from 6K to 7.8K or so.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »
It's also typical of the Moto Guzzi engines too.  Crank t :thumb:hem up to within 1000K of max and the nature of the bike comes out with the torque.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:01 AM »
I found that with K75 engines the higher the rev's maintained while riding the character of the bike changed.

That could be said of every bike I have owned.  Some become monsters at the higher RPMs, and some become vibrating slugs, but all have a change in character. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »
In the case of a K75 or Moto Guzzi engine, the character change is a plus.

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2018, 03:11:22 AM »
There are leftover '16 V7s out there.  Just the nature of the beast I guess.  I could have bought a '17 Stone or Special at a discount, but decided that I really wanted the Carbon and every time I have bought a bike at a discount I have spent thousands more trying to make it the way I really wanted it.  I decided I didn't want any plastic bits on my V7 and would have eaten up any savings when changing out all the plastic parts for carbon or aluminum. 

Of course I could have waited another year and bought a leftover Carbon, but I might not be alive tomorrow and I have the money so...

Same thoughts I had when I bought a new Anniversario when they first came out.  That bike caught my imagination and it’s what I wanted.  I’m 60 now, so not so many riding years left.

Now I have been drooling over the V85TT.  Maybe in two years either the KTM or BMW will need to go.  That V85 looks like a great one up touring bike, mild dirt road and camping bike.  We shall see.

Offline usedtobefast

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2018, 09:50:44 AM »
I like the tubeless wheels, speedo & tach, aluminum fenders, and all the V7 iii layout/characteristics.

But ... the color ... or lack of, not a fan.  Every picture looks like a bike in black & white artsy photo attempt.  I've also seen them in person, I just don't understand glossy gray.   :huh:
2017 V7 iii Racer
2017 Griso
2016 Stornello
2000 Red Quota
Want a black/green 1000S big valve :)

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2018, 11:07:10 AM »
I like the tubeless wheels, speedo & tach, aluminum fenders, and all the V7 iii layout/characteristics.

But ... the color ... or lack of, not a fan.  Every picture looks like a bike in black & white artsy photo attempt.  I've also seen them in person, I just don't understand glossy gray.   :huh:

Tanks are easy to paint or swap out.  Or buy a special and change out the wheels for cast.  Many possibilities.
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
Or buy a special and change out the wheels for cast.  Many possibilities.

This...AF1 has the cast wheels on short turnaround for $900

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »
I just really want the Milano....it's like the perfect bike for me.   Guess I need to learn how to adjust the valves because no dealers within hours of me...

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »
I just really want the Milano....it's like the perfect bike for me.   Guess I need to learn how to adjust the valves because no dealers within hours of me...

Did the dealer in Pensacola stop servicing them?
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2018, 09:40:14 PM »
Did the dealer in Pensacola stop servicing them?

No...and I would need them, but they have never worked on a V7III before.  I like those guys but with my V7II it was a mixed bag.   They were awesome to get the latest fuel map on PADS and make the bike run right, but when doing the first service they "double filled" the transmission and it puked everywhere on my commute, covered the exhaust, rear brake and tire.  They cleaned the bike up and refilled the tranny but when the service manager handed me the half of bottle of tranny oil to take home it was the wrong spec, the wrong stuff. So I did it myself. 

If I had the confidence to check and adjust valves on the V7III all I would need the dealership for is tire changes

pete roper

« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »

If I had the confidence to check and adjust valves on the V7III all I would need the dealership for is tire changes

Would it help if I did a photo Essay? I'm supposed to be getting my first 'Nuovo Hemi-head' small block in this week. I can document that bit if you want?

Pete

Pizza Guzzi

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2018, 05:24:03 AM »
Would it help if I did a photo Essay? I'm supposed to be getting my first 'Nuovo Hemi-head' small block in this week. I can document that bit if you want?

Pete

I, for one, would find that useful !

Glenn

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »

Pete

Pete,   you're a top bloke, mate.  Of course that would help, I'm inexperienced wrenching on bikes, but I can follow instructions!!

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:48 AM »

I LOVE the Milano!  Everything about it. The tank color, the mag wheels, the aluminum side covers and the steel fenders. I just need to buy it!

P.S.  The valves are easier than an oil change.
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

Pete

Awesome!   :thumb:
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Socalrob

• Gosling
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2018, 01:53:03 PM »

Pete

Would be much appreciated by me also.

pete roper

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2018, 03:47:19 PM »
Bike and owner have vanished. I'll do it if and when they appear.

Pete

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2018, 05:44:48 AM »
No...and I would need them, but they have never worked on a V7III before.  I like those guys but with my V7II it was a mixed bag.   They were awesome to get the latest fuel map on PADS and make the bike run right, but when doing the first service they "double filled" the transmission and it puked everywhere on my commute, covered the exhaust, rear brake and tire.  They cleaned the bike up and refilled the tranny but when the service manager handed me the half of bottle of tranny oil to take home it was the wrong spec, the wrong stuff. So I did it myself. 

Service Manager....was this David who no longer works there?
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
Yes...

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »
Well, I know where I WON'T be going to get my Milano.....

Cycles of Jacksonville....tho se guys need help.

First their Milano was $11,600 OTD.....then when I called a month later, that sales rep was no longer with them, got a nice young lady who came back with $10,250.....much better.....came back a week later to offer $9999 cash and turns out the young lady, she is no longer with them...the new guy, Terrance, came back with $12,250...WTH??   I got ahold of another guy, Ross, who said the Milano was sold with a $200 deposit, woman was gonna pick it up today...Terrance said not the case....WTH??  Ross told me if the mysterious woman did not pick up the bike he would sell to me for $9999.....understand there is a $500 rebate from Piaggio, so it's $8890 plus taxes and fees...not like I am bending anyone over...called three times today, do we have a deal or not?  Bike was still unclaimed..they said they would get back with me within 5 minutes...never heard back, when I called a 4th time, they were closed for the day...

Texted Terrance and told him offer withdrawn, I'm taking my $$ elsewhere...even if it has to be far far away...

Why must it be this hard for a cash buyer??

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2018, 07:40:55 AM »
Well, I know where I WON'T be going to get my Milano.....

Cycles of Jacksonville....tho se guys need help.

First their Milano was $11,600 OTD.....then when I called a month later, that sales rep was no longer with them, got a nice young lady who came back with $10,250.....much better.....came back a week later to offer $9999 cash and turns out the young lady, she is no longer with them...the new guy, Terrance, came back with $12,250...WTH??   I got ahold of another guy, Ross, who said the Milano was sold with a $200 deposit, woman was gonna pick it up today...Terrance said not the case....WTH??  Ross told me if the mysterious woman did not pick up the bike he would sell to me for $9999.....understand there is a $500 rebate from Piaggio, so it's $8890 plus taxes and fees...not like I am bending anyone over...called three times today, do we have a deal or not?  Bike was still unclaimed..they said they would get back with me within 5 minutes...never heard back, when I called a 4th time, they were closed for the day...

Texted Terrance and told him offer withdrawn, I'm taking my $$ elsewhere...even if it has to be far far away...

Why must it be this hard for a cash buyer??

Who the hell is in charge there?
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2018, 07:45:18 AM »
That could be said of every bike I have owned.  Some become monsters at the higher RPMs, and some become vibrating slugs, but all have a change in character.

I had a V65.  Wasn't happy with it.  The dealer said ride it closer to redline.  I did and i LOVED it.

Some more pics of the Milano....

MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline DaSwami

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »
So had a deal last Saturday from Eurocycle Las Vegas from a nice salesman Mike....sent them my license, waited for the paperwork to be emailed so I can print, sign, and send in payment.  By Wednesday morning still had not received anything, do not think it was Mike's fault, but never saw anything in writing, so I let him know I was going in a different direction.  Honestly, the thought of trans-shipping the bike across the country did not appeal to me, would rather pick up and haul myself.  But it's a moot point now.

Offline TimmyTheHog

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2018, 07:20:49 PM »
So had a deal last Saturday from Eurocycle Las Vegas from a nice salesman Mike....sent them my license, waited for the paperwork to be emailed so I can print, sign, and send in payment.  By Wednesday morning still had not received anything, do not think it was Mike's fault, but never saw anything in writing, so I let him know I was going in a different direction.  Honestly, the thought of trans-shipping the bike across the country did not appeal to me, would rather pick up and haul myself.  But it's a moot point now.

man, I would have run the other way by the 2nd rep change over...

hopefully this doesn't kill the fun with this motorcycle...cus it is fun!...well, the part that you ride on it is...
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Tennmoto

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2018, 06:02:09 AM »

I’ve heard a lot of negative comments about the blacked out Stone V7s which I agree with
So the new Milano I do like because of the blend of surfaces, it looks good.
I still love the look of the Silver finish on my BMW 1150.
Hopefully the Mandello mothership will get what people want on the floor so they don’t sit there
And maybe the new V85 with change that trend

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here