Author Topic: My Griso Scares Me  (Read 8978 times)

bpreynolds

Re: My Griso Scares Me
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:42 AM »
For all it's fancy suspension the Griso handles no better than any other CARC bike unless you fit a Stelvio shock then it comes to life.
I have ridden most of the CARC range both 2v and 8v and it really is horses for courses.

I would disagree a good bit with this statement as it is here.  I�ve owned a small tank Stelvio and a 2V Norge.  And the Griso I have now is actually my 2nd 8V G.  IMHO, there is a great bit of difference in how these handle per se.  Yes, on a road with big swooping curves and such, not much difference but as the road tightens, a good bit of difference I�d say.  I rode each of these bikes differently because of that difference.  The Norge was a wind cutting super tanker.  If you�re going to California and back, it seems like the bike to take.  It was more nimble to the RT I once rode, but the Stelvio was better in tighter stuff.  For what it is, the Stelvio is a good handler and surprising but it ain�t no supermoto and the Griso is much easier to get to left or right in tight stuff. 

I would also add that I think there is some truth to what Pete was saying earlier as per maps.  I�m not positive they are different but the �15 Griso I once owned seemed to have a more linear power delivery than my �09 bike now.  I didn�t get myself in as much trouble with it. 

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2018, 07:22:40 AM »
The early 8V maps were different. About 5.5K it was like the secondaries opened up on a 4bbl muscle car. Lots of people complained about it. Personally, I kind of like it.

John Henry

Rough Edge racing

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2018, 07:30:40 AM »
The early 8V maps were different. About 5.5K it was like the secondaries opened up on a 4bbl muscle car. Lots of people complained about it. Personally, I kind of like it.

John Henry

The infamous 4bbl bog..On a properly tuned carburetor V8, when the secondaries open ,it's not night and day but a progressive power increase...The bog and then the rush of power  recovery feels faster but it's slower over a timed distance...

bpreynolds

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

John Henry

I was gonna say if you put the two bikes in front of me and said okay go have fun, then I might actually choose my '09 though that 5-8 rush IS what is getting me into trouble and yes, my '15 bike did have more lower.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

Offline Darren Williams

• Finally got me a Griso!
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Life is too short to go slow!
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
OK, you guys win already. You convinced me to pull the trigger on the new Griso. The 200 mile ride home was fun, as I had forgotten just how different the Guzzi's feel compared to my other bikes.
The best part of riding a motorcycle is to tilt the horizon and to lift the front coming out of a corner and to drift the back end powering thru loose dirt and to catch a little air topping a hill and... yeah it's all good!

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
 :thumb:
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here