Author Topic: Happy Father's Day!  (Read 552 times)

Offline Guzzi Gal

• MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
Happy Father's Day!
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »
This is a BIG THANK YOU to all the men who take being a father figure seriously.  Scout leaders, stepdads, granddads, uncles, baby daddies, big brothers, etc...  If you give your time and love to young humans, regardless of relation, I honor you! :bow:

My husband is one of those men.  He is always positive, supportive, and especially loving to our 3 beautiful children.  He provides balance (my Jerry Springer style childhood left many issues) that the kids and myself benefit from daily.  We are grateful for every moment we spend with you! :kiss:

As some of you know, the man I consider my dad was my stepfather of 40 years.  He wanted to adopt me when I was young, but my mom didn't want to let my birthfather "off the hook".  When my dad found out he was terminal, he tried again (my mom had passed 6.5 years previous) and a paralegal screwed up by losing the completed paperwork for over a month.  By the time it was discovered, my dad had less than 24 hours to live and was only semi-responsive (a blessing considering the pain). 

I miss you, Dad. :cry: 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:35:23 PM by Guzzi Gal »
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline Sheepdog

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2007 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
Re: Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:15:19 PM »
Me and my dad...

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." John C. Maxwell

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here