Author Topic: What a moderator actually does  (Read 4585 times)

Offline kingoffleece

• SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Re: What a moderator actually does
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:52 AM »
Agreed.  When I want "fair" I roll dice.  Keep it up.  Doing a great job.  The knowledge and personalities are, at the least, entertaining, and more often than not, extremely helpful.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2018, 08:08:28 AM »
Not sure what all transpired here to where Dusty had to publicly state what his duties are and get called out on it in public by another member, but I find it somewhat disheartening to say the least.  He should never have to publicly state what his duties are, just like someone should never have to publicly question it.

So, let me lay it out pretty clear here what the moderators volunteer duties are;
         Enforce the rules while promoting orderly conduct and keeping things on topic.  Pretty simple huh?

Another thing I'd like to lay out pretty clearly is, if you disagree with any of this, there is not one single person on this earth forcing you to be here, so if you publicly spout that disagreement, I have to deduce you are doing it on purpose and that's just silly and also demeaning towards the MANY hours of labor some of us put into this thing for nothing more than the satisfaction of helping others. 

We all signed the same agreement letter when we registered. We all know the rules have been the same since 1998. There should be no surprises here.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming  :grin:. Time for me to ride my GUZZI to work again.  :thumb:
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 08:25:45 AM »
Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming  :grin:. Time for me to ride my GUZZI to work again.  :thumb:

Mmm, too late, I already did that. Waiting for the time I can crank her up and ride home!
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »
I've admired the way Dusty did the job of moderator. It's sort of like having a friend who is a cop.
I enjoy the way Lannis speaks his mind and is not afraid to poke the bear. This site accommodates both if limits are adhered to and it's one of the reasons I find it enjoyable. it means we each can find a spot
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:05:13 PM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »

Offline redrider90

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 11:14:55 AM »
I have no issues with the moderator(S) and the owner and Rocker even though I have been nuked a couple of times.
I think this is one of the best run groups I have ever been on.  It is a lot of fun and the tech end is never ending. If you cannot get an answer here about a Guzzi (at least a V twin Guzzi) then the answer does not exist
This thread is also a perfect example how childish some can be. I really do not get it that some people just have to make problems. It is such a freaking drag.
Go down the the corner Tap and turn up a few beers and tell it to the bartender. 
Red 90 Mille GT

oldbike54

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
 Just a few last words before I close this out .

First , I am aware that not everyone here is going to like me , that is a simple fact of life, you get a hundred individuals together and 3 people in the group won't like you . Just a numbers game . However , if you don't start problems or break the rules that won't ever be an issue .

Second , well , there isn't really a second point , other than I hope everyone has a great year , this is a wonderful group of people , those of you who actually know me already understand how I feel about this group , there isn't a better one anywhere  :bow:

Have a nice day ,

Dusty

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 05:58:58 PM »
FWIW. I'm currently on another board (not motorcycle related) that is basically unmoderated.  It has eventually degenerated to trolls and people that can not see (for whatever reason) any other version of reality than theirs. There is no reason for me to continue on that board.
I would truly hate to see WG headed down the same path.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline john fish

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 06:41:07 PM »
I've been leashed by Dusty.  Deserved it, too.  No worries, he does a good, and impartial, job of herding cats.  Whining about it is silly.  It's just the innerwebs. 
He lost the run of himself.

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 06:55:08 PM »
Just a few last words before I close this out .

First , I am aware that not everyone here is going to like me , that is a simple fact of life, you get a hundred individuals together and 3 people in the group won't like you . Just a numbers game . However , if you don't start problems or break the rules that won't ever be an issue .

Second , well , there isn't really a second point , other than I hope everyone has a great year , this is a wonderful group of people , those of you who actually know me already understand how I feel about this group , there isn't a better one anywhere  :bow:

Have a nice day ,

Dusty
Hey, my friend ..... I like the way you have moderated this forum.  It stays informative, keeps people on board without whom many of us couldn't have kept our Italian Iron running. 

Thanks for you efforts, and keeping a thick skin. 

Regards,

Bob
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline mjptexas

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »
Does anyone have a "POKE THE BEAR" emoticon we can add?
Mike

'18 R Nine T Urban GS
'17 Griso
'16 XL1200 Roadster
'15 Monster 821
'14 Cali Custom
'14 Vespa GTS300 Super
'15 Vespa Primavera
'75 CB400F
'76 CB550F

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2018, 08:08:59 PM »
Does anyone have a "POKE THE BEAR" emoticon we can add?
There's a right and a wrong way to do it though.
If it's laced with humour or appropriately delivered, a bit of a dig here in Oz can actually be a term of endearment.
Like calling piecemealadventurer an old ******* ( child born out of wedlock), but when you're comfortable with your relationship you can ignore some boundaries.
The secret of course, is not to presume you have a level of relationship that you do not.
I have made that mistake here, and was straightened up right sharpish and rightly so and really, why not do it in a PM...?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:10:13 PM by Huzo »

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here