Author Topic: Gloves. I need gloves.  (Read 6142 times)

Lcarlson

Re: Gloves. I need gloves.
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »
I like the look of those. I don't mind spending money if it's worth it.

Be sure to read the details section for a description of the function of the phase change lining material. They are great with heated grips.

Offline kirb

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »
I like the Aerostich Deer skin gloves (no snap like the elk skin). Good all around glove

Check out Roland Sands riding wear...I have a set of gloves that match my RSD jacket: https://www.rolandsands.com/category/19/motorcycle-gloves

Sometimes when it's hot I'll use Mechanic's Wear gloves. The leather ones are not horrible (and easily replaced at a box store)

Your new fav: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon-timax-long-gloves?kclid=ec30bff6-9c2e-499d-aef0-ce55b798f8bc&gclid=CjwKCAjwns_bBRBCEiwA7AVGHjrpgmIa90lUNv-Vd5C_mpclF-llyYR9x0NKgWMO_9XtBmvQyLMRsBoCbZYQAvD_BwE

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
Kevlar is a hearty material but like any material, age and environment takes its toll. No I haven't slid across the pavement nor do I plan to but I'm confident there would be as much protection as deer skin or cow hide work gloves. I have a new pair of these but have grown an attachment to the ones in the picture. Does this help?

Not my skin. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Offline Ncdan

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
Not my skin.
Lol, whatever. Just try not fall down is the best answer I can offer you TWA:)

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »

Offline Rainrider

• New Egg
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »
I wear the Aerostich elkskin gauntlets. They have padded knuckles and a second layer of material along the outside edge of the palm. The downside is that the wrist strap tends to come out of its loop.

This is what they look like after three and a half years of no leather treatment and pretty much daily use (I do wear rain covers much of the time). They are not designed to be used with touch screens, but I have found spots on the thumb and index finger that are responsive for some reason.

Offline swooshdave

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/reax-castor-leather-gloves

I'm trying these right now. Probably too "techy" for you but I do like the touchscreen capability.

I got the size Large and they are snug and I don't have big hands.

As for the cheap glove recommendations? Why bother wearing any gloves at all?
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline Fireflyr

• New Egg
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2018, 07:23:01 PM »
Kevlar doesn't do well when exposed to UV.  Hope they work for you if you ever need them to.

Soaked a pair in tea bags for a couple of hours then let them dry on my hands.  Used Minwax Mahogany stain to color them then mink oil to soften them up.  Easy, peasy.  They now look 100 years old, and are very comfortable.

1984 Lemans III
1977 T3
1974 Eldorado Police

MGNOC Member #23029

Offline oilhed

• Gosling
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2018, 10:43:34 AM »
Lee Parks Design Deersports PCi gloves are the best I�ve owned. Spendy, but worth it.

http://leeparksdesign.com/gloves/

I still got the first pair I bought at Shelbyville over 10 years ago.  Had a beer with Lee there, too!
I bought a second pair a couple years later that were knock-offs.  Those are no longer around.
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline redhawk47

• Gaggle Mentor
  • Traveler
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 01:31:38 AM »
So, since we are talking about gloves, I have a glove issue:
Apparently I have long thumbs. I usually wear a medium or size 8. Just about every pair of gloves I have bought or tried on is too short in the thumbs. Daily use off the bike you wouldn't notice it, but riding the bike you push the glove into the crotch between the thumb and forefinger. The short glove thumb jams the end of my thumb, and is very irritating. My summer perforated gloves I "fixed" by cutting off the end of the thumb, but that's not a solution for cold weather gloves. I have tried soaking before riding on a hot day; hasn't worked for me.
So, my question is: has anyone found gloves with longer than typical thumbs?
PS: I don't want to buy larger gloves because they bunch up on the grip, making double layers and causing irritation on your palms.

Dan
Dan
2021 V85TT Centenario, 2016 V7II Stone, CSC TT250, Gone:KLR, CSC RX3,

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 03:11:00 AM »
Apparently I have long thumbs. I usually wear a medium or size 8. Just about every pair of gloves I have bought or tried on is too short in the thumbs. Daily use off the bike you wouldn't notice it, but riding the bike you push the glove into the crotch between the thumb and forefinger. The short glove thumb jams the end of my thumb, and is very irritating. My summer perforated gloves I "fixed" by cutting off the end of the thumb, but that's not a solution for cold weather gloves. I have tried soaking before riding on a hot day; hasn't worked for me.
PS: I don't want to buy larger gloves because they bunch up on the grip, making double layers and causing irritation on your palms.

Dan
I have the same problem. I suspect it's not us, it's the manufacturers who don't take into account the way we hold the bars.

Offline twowheeladdict

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2018, 05:01:52 AM »

Dan

Custom tailored?
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here