Author Topic: 750S The Build is Done  (Read 85382 times)

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
Re: 750S The Build is Done
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2017, 06:30:21 PM »
And here's the kicker about Laverda's - Wolfgang Haerter in Nakusp, British Columbia - Columbia Car and Cycle - has almost everything (and I mean everything you can imagine or ever need) in stock! I am just blown away but what Wolfgang can get for a Laverda.

Prices on parts are generally less than that for a Guzzi, I pay in CDN dollars, the parts come to me in days by Canada Post and Wolfgang is a wonderful source of advice and information.

I think I need to find a spoke wheeled 3C Laverda project!

I've heard the same thing about Wolfgang from a number of different people, so it definitely appears that he is "the man" for Laverda.  I heard a nasty rumor that he might be retiring, though?  Hope not for the sake of Laverda owners!

I've been through Nakusp several times, but that was before I had heard of Wolfgang.  Will have to try to stop in next time I am out that way. 

:1: on the 3C!

Cheers,
Shaun

'74 Eldorado Civilian
'75 850-T
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

canuck750

« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2017, 08:29:55 PM »
Apparently Wolfgang and his wife are going to scale back to a couple days a week.
Wolfgang's son Chris is running the shop but the parts business will run a wee bit slower.
I sure hope he continues with the business for many years to come.

Offline Moz

• Gosling
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
always loved the 750S..  thank you for wasting my afternoon - time well spent  :bow:
'82 le mans iii
'08 cafe's bellagio
'20 V85TT

canuck750

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »
always loved the 750S..  thank you for wasting my afternoon - time well spent  :bow:

Glad to be of help!

My son added some red stripes to the fairing using vinyl rather than paint. A very good match as well.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »

Offline Bigbear

• Never stop fiddling - you might just get it right.
  • New Egg
  • 96 1100 Sport (carbs); 98 Daytauro; 56 DS7 Austin
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2017, 05:06:44 AM »
Absolutely fantastic re-build.
Just started reading tonight & will now have to revisit each night to get through such an informative thread - a real credit to you Jim.
Picked up so many tips, which at my age I should have used long ago! Bearing drifts - heard of patience/dogged determination?!
I have just started converting a 3000mile Centauro to a (Daytauro)?, so at least all the bits are new & if I can mod the existing e.g rear subframe then I save a lot of work (even if I already purchased said 1100 subframe, blasted, Hot zinc metal sprayed & enamel painted it!)
Did you consider building up by metalspray fot your discs & machining back? I have previously had my 1100 forks machined then S.S. metal sprayed & machined - cheaper than re chroming & although not so shiny (slightly dull) they will also resist any possible rusting.
Again FANTASTIC work & informative unselfish know how shared with us all  :bow:
Bill -

i want to upload my photo on facebook

best image hosting

canuck750

« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Did you consider building up by metalspray for your discs & machining back?

Thanks Bill, I have never heard of metal spray ? Sounds like a great idea, I have a half dozen Brembo discs that are too worn to machine.

I will have to look into the process, I wonder if anyone local to me does this. I am in the heart of the Canadian oil service industry, there is probably someone offering this.

Cheers

Jim

Offline 750S3

• New Egg
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »
I think these boys do in Kingston, ON
http://www.georgeawright.com
I looked them up sometime ago.

Luca
Puch125
Honda250
Kawasaki750
Ducati 900GTS
Moto Guzzi 750S3
Moto Guzzi Griso 8VSE Tenni

twowings

« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Glad to be of help!

My son added some red stripes to the fairing using vinyl rather than paint. A very good match as well.

You done good...many happy rides!!  :bow:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here