Author Topic: Wildguzzi.com site not secure?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
Wildguzzi.com site not secure?
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
I got this message when I went this site. Whats up?Something happened to me recently. Now wild guzzi is my home page but never was before??????

oldbike54

Re: Wildguzzi.com site not secure?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
 Luap explained this before , it is merely nomenclature , WG is surrounded by firewalls . Likely you have made a change to your settings that is causing WG to show up as your homepage .

Dusty

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 01:51:24 PM »
I did not change my settings.Not that I know of'.I try to stay away from those buttons.

Offline yogidozer

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 02:21:36 PM »

Come in McKeever mountain!
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline rdbandkab

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 04:00:01 PM »
Usually means that is some website content that is not secure...such as the little "thumbs up" type icons, avatars, thumbnails for ads, and the like.  That's what I've been told.

Online Luap McKeever

• Owner, WildGuzzi.com
  • Administrator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
    • Wildgoose Chase Moto Guzzi
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 07:05:33 AM »
You can use the site https://www.wildguzzi.com/forum if you like and want security, but it's not as good and there's a lot of images that are not loaded.

The main site is NOT secure. The reason is, there is no need. None. Zero.  There's no e-commerce. There's no credit cards stored. So, I don't see the need to put in place a pricey security certificate for a site that don't need it.  It's expensive and completely unneeded.

There are multiple firewalls on the server, an anti-bot feature, and an anti-spam feature. Those are the features I care about, not ssl slowness and extra cost for really no need.
Founder, Wildguzzi.com (est. 1998)
2021 V85TT Centenario E5
2001 California Special
2001 California EV
2020 Indian Challenger Limited
2021 TaoTao TBR7

Offline John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 08:27:57 AM »
Oh shit oh dear , I don't know weather to hide under the bed or in the closet :grin:
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline gearman

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »
You can use the site https://www.wildguzzi.com/forum if you like and want security, but it's not as good and there's a lot of images that are not loaded.

The main site is NOT secure. The reason is, there is no need. None. Zero.  There's no e-commerce. There's no credit cards stored. So, I don't see the need to put in place a pricey security certificate for a site that don't need it.  It's expensive and completely unneeded.

There are multiple firewalls on the server, an anti-bot feature, and an anti-spam feature. Those are the features I care about, not ssl slowness and extra cost for really no need.
Good answer. Thanks

Offline Rod

• Hatchling
    • My Rideouts Website
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
I have a website I host on GoDaddy and they told me if I was concerned about being in Google search results, I needed to spend the money and have SSL because Google favors and even tends to avoid non-secure sites in their algorithm. I did that as a marketing decision, but its clearly not necessary for the WG site. Nevertheless, Chrome likes to put "Not Secure" in the address line just to get you worked up and encourage you to buy an SSL cert. FireFox just puts a little icon. I remember the days when the internet was non-commercial and you could basically trust anyone using it. Most sites were forums like this. In those days there was generally a movement by users to prevent commercial businesses from taking over the internet. That didn't go too well...
1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1974 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 10:23:59 AM »

poems by George Hitchcock

Not a thing to worry about *<SHRUG>*
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here