Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1065193 times)

Offline Yard Sale

• New Egg
  • If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2100 on: August 09, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
Hello I just purchased my first Guzzi. I've been riding since 1987, mostly Japanese, and swore I'd never own another European after my experiences with KTM and Aprilia.

I have a few years experience roadracing, a few years off-road (enduro, hare scrambles), and a few years doing track days. I've also done a lot of sport riding all around California (Trinity alps to Death Valley). I commute five days a week. My current commuter is a 2006 Kawi ZX-10R, street fightered. My Breva 750 will be replacing it, for fuel economy and ease of maintenance.

x0020764

« Reply #2101 on: August 09, 2016, 04:35:30 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Terry Badgett, I live in Denison,Tx and work at Texas Instruments in Dallas, Tx for 47 years and counting.  I've been riding over 50 years, currently have 2009 Heritage softail, 2009 BMW R1200R, 2000 Red Jackal and 2000 Green V11 Sport all are in pristine condition. The Guzzi's are my favorite. I've had them for 5 years. Never been to a Guzzi Rally, been to Sturis and Daytonna Beach and the ROT rally in Austin and the rally in Galveston. Excited about becoming a member.

oldbike54

« Reply #2102 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:11 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Terry Badgett, I live in Denison,Tx and work at Texas Instruments in Dallas, Tx for 47 years and counting.  I've been riding over 50 years, currently have 2009 Heritage softail, 2009 BMW R1200R, 2000 Red Jackal and 2000 Green V11 Sport all are in pristine condition. The Guzzi's are my favorite. I've had them for 5 years. Never been to a Guzzi Rally, been to Sturis and Daytonna Beach and the ROT rally in Austin and the rally in Galveston. Excited about becoming a member.

Well , we have two Guzzi rallies coming up for you , the GRIT rally in Lindale TX , and the JN Smyth Memorial Okie camp out . Details on the forum . We would love to meet you  :thumb:

Dusty

Jihelle

« Reply #2103 on: August 13, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
Hi,
My name is Jean and I own several motorcycles including five Guzzi. They're part of a "collection" that I started some 30 years ago with a friend and that never ceased expanding...
We ride them regularly so it's not some junk covered with dust in a barn. Most of them are in France where I was born but three are here with me in the United States where I live and work for the time being. I live in Maryland and would gladly participate in some meetings in the East though I often work on weekends and use my vacation time to go back to France so it's not really convenient most of the time.
I have sometimes technical questions (I have one right now that I will post in the general discussion forum) and I hope you won't mind me using your collective knowledge from time to time.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2103 on: August 13, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »

Offline Jerdo1

• New Egg
« Reply #2104 on: August 16, 2016, 04:52:31 PM »
Hi, I'm Jerry, from Glasgow, Scotland – and ‘shit happened’…

Around a year ago, I found myself – 54, single, job and mortgage-free – and in need of a change. Having shaken off the yolk of responsibility, I headed off to selfishly pursue a dream. That dream, or part of it anyway, was to explore Europe – from within it’s heart. For me not to do so whilst I had the time, health, wealth and energy seemed insane – and it’s not as if all that I want and miss at home won’t be there when (if) I go back?.  I intended my time away to be a means to recapture the health and fitness that has ebbed away over the years, whilst recharging my batteries and renewing my outlook on life!

So, on the 30 March 2015, I set off from my home town with my ten year old Renault Clio, my slightly younger (but at that time, intact) Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NTX ABS, and very little else – to see what life was like out there, and moved to Puy L'Eveque in France.

Whether I achieved any or all of these are for others to decide, but my attempts are catalogued in a blog that I started when I first moved to there. It was to become a diary / travelog / medical record /photo album and postcard of my adventures. I made it clear that I couldn’t promise to update it every day, or for that matter say anything profound or interesting, but I did my best. It seems that it uncovered a new side of me – where I found the ability to tell a tale – some (considerably) taller than others…

That particular trip finished at the end of September 2015 , for reasons best explained in the blog, without fully living up to it’s hype or promise. That’s not to say I didn’t have a ‘blast’, discovering things about myself and others that no other experience would have allowed. Such was the fun I had had, and the promise of more to come, I elected to return for the 2016 season in the hope that I can complete some of that ‘unfinished business’.

In the meantime I returned to real life, rain, rent and employment. I split my time between delivering new vans for a Ford Dealership and working in a Childrens Home in Helensburgh. Both equally satisfying for different reasons.

And so this time, with my motorcycle repaired, and a new car to pull it all the way to France, I set off on 29 April 2016 to do it all again.

Why Puy L’Eveque ? Why not?.

Over the last 20 or so years I have been fortunate enough to see a great deal of Europe by plane, train and auto-mobile as well as, more recently, by motorbike. Throughout those trips and stays I always found France to be the most welcoming, beautiful and varied. The southern part of the country also had the added appeal of practically all-year sunshine as well as incredible unspoilt towns, villages, roads and trails to explore on foot, bike, motorcycle or car.

‘And so, I more or less stuck a pin in a map and ended up renting a three-bedroomed property in Puy L’Eveque (PLV) – a small village which nestles on the banks of the meandering River Lot in the Midi-Pyrenees  region of south west France. It’s location, in one of it’s most unspoilt and beautiful areas, make it an ideal base to explore nearby and further afield – being only a few hours drive, or ride, from Andorra, Austria, Germany, Italy, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland.

The house itself provides all the comforts of home, whilst being situated in a region known for its climate, scenery and produce – liquid, edible and practical. The fact that it has an outdoor swimming pool, bbq and terrace made no difference whatever in my decision to choose it over any other!

Read my Blog - it's not all about motorcycling, but about my life out here in France at "jerrygrogan.com"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bikes

BMW GS650                                2008 - 2009       First after a 30 year break
BMW GS800                                2009 - 2010       Great fun touring Europe until it got stolen in Amsterdam
Honda 650 NTV Deauville            2010 - 2014        Replacement for the stolen BMW - great fun, took me around Europe in reliable comfort
MG Stelvio NTX                           2014 - Present    Big, powerful beast that can go anywhere

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:04:06 AM by Jerdo1 »

Caedmon

« Reply #2105 on: August 22, 2016, 12:31:21 AM »
Hello from New Zealand.

My name is John, i'm a contstruction estimator, 47 yrs old and ride a Griso 1100.

Below is my Griso alonside my mates 1000s  :thumb:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:32:30 AM by Caedmon »

Offline simonome

• New Egg
« Reply #2106 on: August 22, 2016, 02:05:10 AM »
Simone Del Bigio
Italy - Milano
Just purchased a V75 PA

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2107 on: August 22, 2016, 02:35:44 PM »
Simone Del Bigio
Italy - Milano
Just purchased a V75 PA

We in the USA have likely never had the privilege of seeing one of those bikes.   Very pretty and very rideable looking.

Seeing it out on the road, or a couple of photos on a trip report, would be widely read and much appreciated once you get to riding it a lot!

Good luck!

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline The Moth

• New Egg
« Reply #2108 on: August 22, 2016, 08:40:58 PM »
Hello from Sydney, Australia.

Married, four kids, civil engineer.

I recently bought my 4th Guzzi that barely ran (a '98 Cali EV) which also happened to be my 28th motorcycle. But don't take that as me knowing that much about motorcycles, I think I will be forever learning what these beautiful machines have to teach me.

I joined up to say  :bow:'thanks' :bow: for helping me get my bike up and running. The bike would run for 5 minutes before displaying all the symptoms of fuel starvation. I went over the bike and finally found the fuel pump replay wasn't holding current, replaced and now runs how it's suppose to.

All the best,
Martin

rubberbroker

« Reply #2109 on: August 25, 2016, 08:18:32 PM »
Cannonball...right into the Guzzi end!

Representing the Piedmont region of NC and tons of great riding, I am a GS dude for years.  At 52 I've been riding since I was 10...have owned several bikes over the years, and my height and affection for off road riding have kept me on an Adventure for the past 10 years.  About 4 yrs ago I came across the new Griso at a dealer in Roanoke Va.  Rode that thing and felt dirty after getting back on my GS!  So the years have gone by and I've been secretly "scanning" for a nice example of the 8v Griso.  Last week I landed a 12 Black Devil with 15k on the clock!  Took it out for a good 250 loop last Sunday and just wanted to keep going!  I told a buddy...it sounds like John Force and Pavarotti had a baby and this is what it sounds like!  Love that motor...sounds like a V8!
Got home with it and found a splattering of oil off the left side....and thought..uh oh.  Pulled the tank off only to find the crankcase breather tube split and spitting.  So I've got new hoses both sides on order and she will be like new.  I wanted to look under her dress anyway...so a great excuse!
Looking forward to reading and learning more about the bikes.  MG has always stirred my interest...now I know why. 

Best,

Chris

14 BMW GSA
12 Griso
07 WR450
71 Honda Mini Trail

Offline Allmnt

• New Egg
« Reply #2110 on: August 26, 2016, 04:54:31 AM »
Hey,
Almants. 35 years old (young?). Living in Latvia (that's somewhere in EU). Software developer.

Having MG 1200 sport, just for 2 years now.

Also BMW K75 is on inventory.

Offline Allmnt

• New Egg
« Reply #2111 on: August 26, 2016, 05:09:33 AM »
in addition. quick snap from yesterdays night ride.

oldbike54

« Reply #2112 on: August 26, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
Hey,
Almants. 35 years old (young?). Living in Latvia (that's somewhere in EU). Software developer.

Having MG 1200 sport, just for 2 years now.

Also BMW K75 is on inventory.

Latvia , you may be our first member from Latvia . Might we please have some daytime pics .
Welcome to WG .

Dusty

Offline yellowheader

• New Egg
« Reply #2113 on: August 26, 2016, 09:44:16 PM »
Hi, I'm Royal, 52, a new Guzzisto (is that a word? Guzzisti sounds like a plural) in Edmonton, Alberta. I work in IT, married with 3 grown kids, but not quite an empty nest yet. Got back onto a bike 4 years ago after a 20 year hiatus, and haven't looked back. Started back on a Suzuki Boulevard S50 for a couple of years, then upgraded to an Intruder 1400. A month ago I picked up an '04 California Stone, my first ever non-Japanese bike, and I'm loving it. Looking forward to being part of the Guzzi community.

Offline Uss

• New Egg
« Reply #2114 on: August 27, 2016, 03:17:24 PM »
G'Day Everyone. Just getting back into riding after a break of about 25 years. Work and work related travel overseas didn't leave enough time to put my heart and soul back into riding. Work for myself....Plastics. 57, Married. Two kids..both married. Based in Melbourne Australia but mostly traveling like right now. My last ride was a Honda CB 750. Just bought a new Eldorado..Red..whic h is waiting for me to take delivery back in Melbourne. My first Guzzi....have a lot to learn from all the collective experience on the forum  :bow:
Cheers
Usman

Offline MorenoB

• New Egg
« Reply #2115 on: August 29, 2016, 07:03:47 AM »
Hi, I'm Royal, 52, a new Guzzisto (is that a word? Guzzisti sounds like a plural) in Edmonton, Alberta.

Hi Royal, the correct word sounds "GuzzistA". Some singular nouns in Italy end with an -a ;-)  :thumb:
Ciao!

Moreno

Offline darkstar1269

• New Egg
« Reply #2116 on: September 02, 2016, 02:12:50 PM »
Matt Kritzstein, 46

Phoenix, Arizona

Recently bought a V7 special after admiring it for years and am happy I did. Looking forward to many miles on the saddle ahead. For my adrenaline side I also own an MV Agusta Dragster, but that will now get much less use for sure. My girlfriend is also the owner of a 2013 V7 Racer and is a big Guzzi fan. We are always interested in finding folks to ride with, if you're in Phoenix reach out and lets ride!

Penderic

« Reply #2117 on: September 03, 2016, 12:22:27 PM »
OK, now which one of youse unfortunates resemble Jay?

Nice Racer:thumb:

Jeffles

« Reply #2118 on: September 04, 2016, 03:36:21 AM »
Good morning from North East England. Invited here by my mate ScepticalScotty.

Jeff from Washington (the original one, where George's folks came from...  :wink: )

53, occupational safety and health advisor, ridden since I was 17 and still immortal (well, so far...)

1995 California 1100i and a 2010 Norge 1200GT

Offline Travln Man

• New Egg
  • 2013 V7 Stone. 1985 Cal2 convert with sidecar
« Reply #2119 on: September 04, 2016, 07:08:58 AM »
Jerome Brown
Cedar Rapids Iowa
2013 V7 Stone & 1985 Cal II Auto

Here is my winter project:
Getting this Cal II Auto in good running condition after 10 years of storage, attaching a sidecar and Vetter fairing.

Offline Dofin

• Gosling
« Reply #2120 on: September 04, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »
Up date from a Newbie, got 10K miles on my new to me (got it at 5.2K) 2015 V7 Stone had it on the road for 4 months.  Looking forward to bike camping at Barbers Vintage then going on to do some camping at Deals Gap and riding around the Dragon area in October.  The forum has been very helpful and friendly.

76' Yamaha RD400
76' Suzuki GT500
89' Honda PC800
15' Guzzi V7 Stone

Offline jgrebe

• New Egg
« Reply #2121 on: September 06, 2016, 09:55:12 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me in.  Jenny, 31, Mercersburg, PA.  New rider, new Guzzi owner.  I just obtained my license in April and bought Vinny on July 2nd.  I've got about 1700 miles on him and many more to go. 
2015 V7 Special a.k.a. "Vinny"

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2122 on: September 06, 2016, 03:53:29 PM »
Welkommen!
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

ArizonaPaul

« Reply #2123 on: September 06, 2016, 08:31:40 PM »
I'm Paul from Surprise, Arizona and a 5 week owner of a new, old stock, 2013 Stelvio.  Having been a rider for 47 years this is my first Guzzi.  Like many, I joined this forum to learn more about my new bike and find this forum to be of great help.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2124 on: September 06, 2016, 08:44:15 PM »
You just missed the NM state rally.  Matt gave away a Moto Guzzi as a door prize.  Next Moto Guzzi rally is in Dayton, NV east of Carson City.  More knuckleheads you can meet that own Guzzis.  :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline webmost

• Gosling
  • Safety Third
    • The Sotweed Factor
« Reply #2125 on: September 10, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
Rode the train from Delaware to Rutland Vermont Wednesday. Rode back on a 2000 Jackal Thursday. Thinking I may name her Goldenbitch, because the Jackal species canis aureus = "golden dog", from which you may gather that I am too often scholarly.

Growing up in SoCal, where there are no seasons, I never learned there was such a thing as a riding season. Never even heard the term until I crossed country, and still puzzled by the phrase. Consequently I am a year round daily rider. I may miss half a dozen days over a typical Winter, when there's ice on the road, or when temp dips below 5, cause below 5 your murdersickle battery has trouble turning over the engine ... but that rarely happens here. Otherwise, way I figure, they make jackets for that.

Initial impressions from 350 mostly freeway miles home on a 90 degree day are:

Idles lumpy as a Hardly Ableson paint shaker. Almost didn't go thru with the deal cause I thought something must be dreadfully unbalanced deep in the guts; but then I called my friend with a Norge, and she confirmed that's the way a Guzzi is. No, that is not how it has to be with a V twin. Had a bunch over the years. Have an Indian Scout in the garage now. No, that is not how it has to be with a transverse twin. Have had a number of beemer boxers. Have an R1200CLC in the garage now. No, that's not how a transverse V has to be. Have owned a Honda CX500. All the above were balanced at idle. I even own a thumper POS KLR650 in the garage now that's far better balanced than this.

OTOH: Spins up smooth as that big boulder that you perch on below the waterfall. Foaming water rushing by on either side while you sit atop solid placidity.

First is tall. Too tall for an hour and a half of stop and go traffic on the Garden State. Fifth is perfect for eighty plus. Found myself downshifting around 65 or 70. Once we got past all the rush hour stop and go, and turned our backs on the sports complex, everyone wound it up, and we were holding eighty-five and ninety down the Jersey Turnpike. Goldenbitch loves that. Mane flying, legs stretched, tongue lolling, like that Golden Retriever racing across the lawn for a frisbee.

Runs cool as November twilight. Always admired that about the transverse V.

This shaft drive has no perceptible lash. Well done MG. My beemers have all had a noticeable kalunk. My Honda V65 had a rubbery falunk. My CX minor klunk; but not enough to make it a factor. This, virtually nuttin.

Pegs mounted too high for me. Old knees like more stretch --- forward like Sopowa my Scout or downward like Biffy Bullfrog my KLR. These pegs are more like Annie my R12CLC. With the way the foot controls are, I'm not sure that there's anything I can do about it. I may look for floorboards.

Or, I may mount some buckhorns so as to sit more upright. That may do the trick. The way her wires are bundled and her brake hose and clutch cable are routed, I suspect that the black handlebars may not be stock. Someone wanted a more forward leaning posture. Not for me. I don't care for the dog position outside the bedroom. An early owner apparently went for a blacked-out appearance, when he anodized the headers, header flanges, etc. There's plenty of riders who do not properly appreciate blued headers. He may have bought shorter handlebars. I intend to try some oven cleaner to remove that anodize, and see if I can find some suitable buckhorns. That right there may improve the folded up ergos. I have slack enough in the wires and cables.

Several poor electrical connections. I fixed some temporarily, enough to get thru inspection, I hope. Will overhaul the rest of the harness over the Winter.

Brake hose looking old. Prolly could stand some braided stainless, Spiegler or Russell.

Seat nice and hard. I like that. Wider than it needs to be; but sculpted comfy for my butt. Gimme a hard seat, silk undies, and some Gold Bond, and I am ready for a long ride on a hot day. Soft seats get hot.

Sweet little solid rack.  Solo seat. Nice setup.

Bit of a crink each side of the rear fender reveals she might have been hit from the back. That might also be when she got that aftermarket tombstone taillight. Bit of a scuff on the starboard valve cover. Hope to score a new one. Minor leak will require a new sump gasket. Could not get better than 35mpg on any tank fillup; from which I gather I ought to check the air cleaner and tired intake runners and such.

Just a few tweaks and some TLC, she'll be good as new.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:21:03 PM by webmost »
Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2126 on: September 11, 2016, 02:32:02 PM »
Welkommen!  Sounds like you're having fun.  Don't be afraid to rev' it shift at 20,40,60 with what you found for 5th gear.  You might have to synch. the injectors.  Enjoy the vibes.

Offline lti_57

• Directly above the center of the Earth
  • Gosling
« Reply #2127 on: September 12, 2016, 05:32:47 PM »
So I might be back in the Fold, I was here a few years ago.  Then  my own health issues made me rethinking riding. Then some serious issues with my wife has me rethinking  whats important in life.
out side of her and my passioin for riding been doing it about 38-39 years
So I bought  a nice ST-1100 I bought for 1000   been on it 2 years but now i saw this ,dang you craigslist    https://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/5755669476.html
I want  not sure if the price is good have not even talked to him.
I know Moutain Bob in Idaho, Hope the Old boy is still around. meet Tom from Hawaii
I am in Spokane,WA.

Glad to be back

Lance
2007 Guzzi Griso
1992 BMW K75

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2128 on: September 12, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
Aloha Lance!

Looks like a good bike. :thumb:  Mtn. Bob is still in the Coeur d 'alene area.  He sold his Jackal.  Health reasons.  My friend John in Sagle bought it.  It's living a little south of Sandpoint.  John's enjoying the heck out of it.  Last MG he owned was an older Eldorado.  He said he missed the engine.  Good luck on the proposed buy.  :cheesy:

Offline lti_57

• Directly above the center of the Earth
  • Gosling
« Reply #2129 on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
Aloha Tom thanks for the welcome
I just barley got rid of that Old Tank bag you gave me in John Day
however long ago that was
I have meet  John from Sagle,ID. a few years ago
2007 Guzzi Griso
1992 BMW K75

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here