Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1078861 times)

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #2040 on: June 01, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
Welcome to WG, LeRoy.. obviously you "get it."  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Guykate

• New Egg
« Reply #2041 on: June 03, 2016, 02:07:50 PM »
Hiya all....my names Kate...am from Staffordshire in the UK.....and between my husband and me....we have a few Guzzis...including 3 Loops....one of which came from Colorado....and is called...the 'Beetle'....

Offline v7john

• Gosling
    • The Racing Rhino
« Reply #2042 on: June 03, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
Well hello Kate. Fancy seeing you here!
1972 V7Sport. Owned by me since 1978.
1972 V7 700cc ex Vigili del Fuoco?
1954 BSA M33

Read my blog at www.racingrhino.wor dpress.com

ChrisNAla

« Reply #2043 on: June 12, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while.  Found some very useful tidbits of info and generally enjoy the forum.

Hobbies: Guitar, Fishing, Riding the Breva.  Not necessarily in that order.

2004 Breva 750

Chris

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #2043 on: June 12, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »

Offline Mark Harpell

• New Egg
« Reply #2044 on: June 14, 2016, 06:52:42 PM »
I am Mark....coastal Maine USA...60 yrs on me.....riding fo 45 years....never owned a Guzzi until last week...RAD Guzzi sold me his Jackal....100 miles or so, so far...liking it...pretty sure I 'get it'......
This is bike number 26.for me...  Currently have a couple  vintage Yamahas in the shed...
Enjoying the tech and stories...hope to be able to contribute at some point.....thanks for having me....
Mark

Offline Mark Harpell

• New Egg
« Reply #2045 on: June 14, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
Forgot.......
Mark

Offline Lesman

• Gosling
« Reply #2046 on: June 15, 2016, 01:15:31 PM »
Les Halpern 59 Houston,Tx I started the posting thing before the introduction.
I have a Quota and an Ambassador. The Ambo is really a non running parts bike on the brink of rebirth.
I've owned a bunch of bikes in the last 45+ years mostly Japanese with a Triumph Bonnie, a BMW GSPD and a few Harleys over the years. I've been a Guzzista about 5 years. Right now trying to figure the path for the Ambo.

Offline jwink

• New Egg
« Reply #2047 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »
Good morning

Jay Winkelmann

Denver, Colorado

2011 Norge

This summer's adventure is up through Wyoming into Montana and Glacier National Park, over to the PNW then
back home through Oregon Idaho and Utah.

Offline River Rat

• New Egg
« Reply #2048 on: June 18, 2016, 03:12:59 AM »
John, South Australia, old....

Considering a 2011-12 Stelvio 8V NTX to replace my recently sold Cagiva Elefant, never owned a Guzzi before but think they may have the character I'm looking for in the replacement but with some mod cons such as ABS to give me that little bit extra up my sleeve for those close encounters

In reading some of the forum content (particularly in regard to cams and tappets on this model) part of me questions if I am mad for desiring this machine, however perhaps that question has already been answered by 9 years of Cagiva ownership......

Particulary enjoying the technical discussion, there's a wealth of knowledge on display and you guys certainly have a passion for your bikes

Cheers
2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX ABS
2007 Suzuki DR650 SE

Offline Antiquar

• Hatchling
  • 22 V85TT, 76 850T3, 79 G5
« Reply #2049 on: June 23, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »
Hello all.

Some of you may know me from the V11Lemans or advrider boards. I'm sure I'm not the youngest guy on this forum, but I bet I'm close at 29. Oh, and I'm from Los Angeles and work as a software engineer.

I ride a 2000 V11 Sport. I've also got a Tiger 800XC and an old XT550. I secretly hope the Tiger will keel over so I have an excuse to get a Stelvio. These Guzzis are addictive.  :bike-037:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:50:28 PM by Antiquar »

Offline Doublethree

• New Egg
« Reply #2050 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:47 AM »
Hello fellow Guzzi enthusiasts.

My name is Graham, I'm 55 and I work as a Software Engineer for American Express. I live in Lewes, East Sussex, UK.

I had a T3 for a couple of years back in '83 followed later in the eighties by another, better, T3 for about seven years until the kids came along.
They're grown now so I got a Nevada a couple of years ago and now I've finally moved up to a California, just the 1100 not the new 1400.

Offline Dunders

• New Egg
« Reply #2051 on: June 24, 2016, 03:35:28 PM »
Hi!  I'm Paul - I live in the Isle of Man.

I ran a '74 850T and an '89 LM5 from '97 till a local farmer tried to kill me in '08.  Back on the saddle now (Ducati ST4, SV650S), and I bought a '95 Cali 1100i last week.  Needs some fuel issues sorting, but otherwise lovely.

I'm new to EFI, and I'll be asking questions soon...  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

Paul
Paul

Lost in the Irish Sea

'95 Cali 1100i
'99 Duc ST4
'02 Suzuki SV650S

oldbike54

« Reply #2052 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:58 PM »
Hi!  I'm Paul - I live in the Isle of Man.

I ran a '74 850T and an '89 LM5 from '97 till a local farmer tried to kill me in '08.  Back on the saddle now (Ducati ST4, SV650S), and I bought a '95 Cali 1100i last week.  Needs some fuel issues sorting, but otherwise lovely.

I'm new to EFI, and I'll be asking questions soon...  http://wildguzzi.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif

Paul

So Paul , how many spare bedrooms do you have , just in case we ever come for the races ? :laugh:

Dusty

Offline Dunders

• New Egg
« Reply #2053 on: June 25, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
The spare has been taken for 21 years now by an ex-MGP rider and his son. John is 81 now, and sadly his son, Jonathan, died earlier this year.  Still, John keeps coming, so the room is booked.  Hopefully for many years to come:-)

We *may* have some contacts, though:-)

Paul

ps, I've got a reasonably sized field.......
Paul

Lost in the Irish Sea

'95 Cali 1100i
'99 Duc ST4
'02 Suzuki SV650S

gittbox

« Reply #2054 on: June 27, 2016, 02:02:15 AM »
Hello, I'm Billy, I live in Washington state.

I'm originally from Maine, candymaker by trade. I like cooking, good whiskey, and tinkering of all kinds. I got myself a Guzzi because my landlord had a couple in his garage and I thought they looked pretty fine.  I noticed he had most of the parts to build an Ambassador, and figured I might as well build one. Now my pal and I are talking about riding to Alaska...

Offline Rick in WNY

• Gosling
« Reply #2055 on: June 27, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »
Hello all, Rick here.

I live in Western new York, in the beautiful Finger Lakes region.

I'm currently not a Guzzi owner... joined here to get more info because I might become one someday.

See you all around,

Rick
Guzzi Owner since May 20, 2017
  2004 California Titanium

Offline jackthebiker

• New Egg
  • 46 motorcycles so far
« Reply #2056 on: June 27, 2016, 02:25:25 PM »
64 year old retired manufacturing manager. 38 motorcycles purchased between my wife and I, 10 different brands. Looking to buy number 39 tomorrow, a 2013 V7. I ride a 2015 Indian Chieftain, and she rides a 2014 Vstar 950 Tourer. We will take turns with the Goose.
Currently riding a 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Adventure  and a 2022 Kawasaki W800.

Offline miticoromi

• New Egg
« Reply #2057 on: June 28, 2016, 02:41:03 AM »
Hello everybody is Max here from Italy new to this forum and 2 years old Guzzi owner with a fantastic V7 Racer pleased to stay here with you.....

Offline wirespokes

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2058 on: July 01, 2016, 01:33:43 AM »
Terry Vrla - born in 1950 (you crunch the numbers!) - Portland Oregon - retired with not enough to live on so work fixing speedometers for BMW airheads. I've done all sorts of different things this life, following my passions rather than the money. Been fixing airhead gauges close to ten years now and loving it. Too bad a lot of the work I did this life wasn't as much fun. Been riding most of my life since 1966 with a few periods of a year or two when I didn't have a bike. In 1989 I figured it wasn't practical to have a bike in Portland Oregon with the rain and miserable weather so sold the Virago. But in 1990 when a friend wanted to swap his1976 R90/6 for my 1966 122 Volvo Station Wagon I was back into bikes. I'd taken a few trips on bikes before then, but that's when the real traveling began. But even before I'd gotten the beemer, I'd been interested in Guzzis. I'd wanted a shaft drive - the reason I got the Virago. I've had airheads since that first one (still have it) and have a problem letting any of them go. I've got just about every model airhead made and love em all. I know them inside and out and do all the work myself.

But I've had the urge for a Guzzi for at least the last ten years. Two years ago I managed to be the first to respond to a Craigslist Ad for a T3 basket case 300 miles north in Washington near the Olympics. I hadn't checked the adds for a month or two, but somehow I'd picked the exact right moment. I got the bike and collected parts for it, but the missing title became the big issue and progress stalled. And then a bike showed up locally last fall - another 1976 T3 with SS exhaust and a LeMans tank. To make a long story short, I made it mine a few weeks ago.

You know, I wish I hadn't taken so long getting this bike. I wish I'd gotten it 25 years ago! Or maybe 35 years ago. It's got so much soul, good looks, handles like a dream, and sings like the fat lady never could. She's a keeper!

I was married for 20 years (what a mistake) and won't ever sell the R90S that broke it up. (She thinks she ended it running off with a mattress salesman). Good riddance!!!

Passions? Bikes - making them right, fixing what needs fixing, repairing gauges, amateur machinist (don't know how I managed to live my whole life without a lathe), and spiritual advancement.

Just this last week I was offered a 97 1100 California for a grand and couldn't pass it up. It's cosmetically challenged but a good runner. Rode it home from the National in John Day. I'm not a cruiser kind of guy, but that was a very pleasurable trip home. That thing gobbles up the miles like you wouldn't believe. I want to put a LeMans IV tank on it and a seat to match, so you know which direction I'm headed with it.

Offline MorenoB

• New Egg
« Reply #2059 on: July 04, 2016, 08:38:34 AM »
Hi Folks!

I'm Moreno (in Italy "Moreno" is a first name...)

36 years old, married

I'm a university senior researcher and I live in Northern Italy (Yes, close to Lake Como and Mandello del Lario :-) )

I have a V7 Stone MY2014

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2060 on: July 04, 2016, 08:40:15 AM »
The spare has been taken for 21 years now by an ex-MGP rider and his son. John is 81 now, and sadly his son, Jonathan, died earlier this year.  Still, John keeps coming, so the room is booked.  Hopefully for many years to come:-)

We *may* have some contacts, though:-)

Paul

ps, I've got a reasonably sized field.......

Paul, field is good👌🏽 how about a pond😀
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Jabo911

• New Egg
« Reply #2061 on: July 04, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »
Hello all,

Been lurking for some time, not a big social guy. Bought my first MG last year, a 2014 Cali Touring. Before that I rode a Triumph Thunderbird triple. Was a great bike but like so many owners, I had a problem with the cooling system and just never trusted it. Traveled with it and it never failed on me but was I was always just waiting.

Test rode the Cali in 2014 and just fell in love. It was everything I wanted. When I asked the dealer how long I could ride, he said try to bring it back before we close but if not we have your car here, you'll be back sometime. You have to like a dealer that doesn't limit you to the short 10 mile ride.

Any way, been retired from the fire service for five years, doing a little part-time work and enjoying life.

Thanks to all of you that do post regularly. It's always good reading and as one of the new guys, there is always something to learn.

Jim

Offline drburt

• Hatchling
« Reply #2062 on: July 05, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
Hey! My name is Brent. I'm not a doctor. Long story.
Just bought my first Guzzi today as some of you know.
2001 EV

My history -
My wife of 4 years rides a 2002 HD Road King. She brought it into the family.
Her Father and Mother both ride Harleys.
All her friends ride Harleys.
She, her mom and dad, and others are in a motorcycle prison ministry called The Reconcilers.
99.9% HD owners.

I never wanted a motorcycle. My parents never let me ride while I was growing up (I'm 55 now). Of course I snuck some rides on my best friends motocross bike but never really got the bug.

I was goofing around on the internet one day and stumbled upon a picture of a California Custom 1400 and said to myself, "I want that!". I've never been the same since.

I've been all over the place wanting different models of Guzzis. First I wanted a  California Custom, then the California Touring 1400, then the ElDorado 1400, then a CalVin (those are beautiful), then back full circle to the Custom. The Centauros are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L pieces of machinery. 1100 Sport(i). Sheesh, I want them all.
I'll settle for the 01 EV first.

Here in Amarillo I have never seen a Guzzi on the road. I don't think I've ever seen on in its natural habitat anywhere come to think of it.

I bought my first motorcycle in September of 2015. I called it my sacrificial/disposable model just in case I dropped it or didn't like riding (have license and taken course).
It's a 1998 Yamaha XV1100 Virago. I really enjoy this bike and don't know if I'll get rid of it yet. I really like riding it around in the city. I don't know if the EV is much of a city bike.

Anyway...this is me.
Thank you all for being here and being such a helpful support group.
Hope I can contribute some day.

Brent

gscrasher

« Reply #2063 on: July 06, 2016, 02:01:16 PM »
Hi folks, my name is Bill.

Retired geologist.  Have owned mostly Euro bikes: BMW, Triumphs, Ducatis and KTMs in that order of quantity.

I am a new Guzzi owner, but I don't actually have it yet.  It is being shipped from Illinois to my home in New Mexico.

I bought this beauty last month on my 73rd birthday.  Now I remember exactly what it was like as a youngster waiting for Christmas!

Navy Boy

« Reply #2064 on: July 06, 2016, 02:49:18 PM »
Morning All

I've just bought my first Guzzi - A new 1200 Sport.

My name is Lee and I'm way out here in New Zealand where I work in Auckland during the week (I'm in the Royal New Zealand Navy) and live in Blenheim on the South Island on the weekends.

I've been thinking about getting a Guzzi for some time but finally took the plunge with this little beauty.  I look forward to hearing plenty of interesting tales with some wisdom thrown in for good measure.  I'm something of a bike addict with a Victory, an Indian, 3 Triumphs, a Suzi DR and  Kwaka KLX in the stable at present.  Some say I need help...  They may be right!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:51:15 PM by Navy Boy »

anotheroldtrailrider

« Reply #2065 on: July 07, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
Hi - Art Astle from Claremore, OK here - I'm lucky to have a nice mix of bikes, and am bringing a LeMans IV out for a new lease on life.  I've owned this particular bike since new, and have an old SP1000, too, but my daily ride is a BMW R1200S or a KTM 500XCW in street trim.  The LeMans should crowd its way into the line up before long -

oldbike54

« Reply #2066 on: July 07, 2016, 06:10:35 PM »
Hi - Art Astle from Claremore, OK here - I'm lucky to have a nice mix of bikes, and am bringing a LeMans IV out for a new lease on life.  I've owned this particular bike since new, and have an old SP1000, too, but my daily ride is a BMW R1200S or a KTM 500XCW in street trim.  The LeMans should crowd its way into the line up before long -

Oh hell , another Okie  :shocked:

PS , I'm in Muskogee  :laugh:

Dusty

BadAce

« Reply #2067 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:47 PM »
Hi, I`m Ben Askey. BadAce is a name I use in some online games,
I`m a Vietnam era veteran, though I didn`t  have to go "In Country"
I was a radar tech in the Air Force, Minnesota, Alaska, and Cape Cod. Were my main duty stations.
Bought a new 72, 750 Honda while in minnesota, had numerous Triumphs And a couple Liberty edition sportsters, Took road test on a 1978 Sporty, Anniversary Edition (78)
 I got The 1970 Ambassador from my Nephew "Tazio" Last year and rode t back to New York. The Blue Ridge Parkway was foggy, so I promised myself to ride it some time when it wasn`t.
 I made a run from North Tonawanda, NY, to Fairfax Va.To visit my kid and her Hubby and watch their cats a few days, Then down to start of Blue Ridge Parkway, overnighted in Willville, while Virginia Guzzi rally was going on,(I didn`t know about it), met some fine people there, continued to Blue Ridge MC campgrounds, then to Cherokee, to finish off the Blue Ridge. Went to Nephews In Georgia, where I was treated like gold, stayed a few days and went to Cross, South Carolina, to see an old Air Force buddy, then Back up to Willville, for an overnight before heading home.
The !970 Ambo got quite some attention along the way, Only things went wrong were a needed cable replacement and  set of points come loose, decreasing spark as it loosened. In the lot of a mini mart, I fixed it, no parts needed. I`ll eventually do something to keep that from happening, but now that I know it, not a big issue. ( helpful people along the way kept telling me it had to be the carbs.) I met some nice BMW riders on the way back at Willville too, previous Guzzi riders they were also. Many riders, after seeing my bike, were saying how much they wanted to restore theirs, my nephew, Tazio could tell people here more about it, but then some riders at the Virgiania Rally already knew the bikes history. Hi all you Guzzi Riders!
Ben

Offline tazio

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2068 on: July 08, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »
Welcome, Uncle BadAce !!!!
Keep us abreast of future escapades !!
Current Fleet
2015 Moto-Guzzi GRiSO
1972 Aermacchi Harley-Davidson 350 Sprint
1967 Kawasaki 650 W2TT
1966 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Dunders

• New Egg
« Reply #2069 on: July 08, 2016, 03:16:02 PM »
Paul, field is good👌🏽 how about a pond😀

No pond  :sad: .  You'll have to shower like the rest of us!   :tongue:
Paul

Lost in the Irish Sea

'95 Cali 1100i
'99 Duc ST4
'02 Suzuki SV650S

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here