Author Topic: SpeedBleeder question  (Read 1166 times)

Offline jazzamoto

• Gosling
SpeedBleeder question
« on: May 27, 2016, 07:08:52 PM »
Is it possible to reverse flush a brake system equipped with SpeedBleeders or will the ball valve in the bleeder prevent it?

Richmond, CA
'78 Le Mans I
2021 Honda NC 750x DCT
"JAZZAMOTO  predicted it!"

canuguzzi

Re: SpeedBleeder question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:16:33 PM »
They are supposed to work in one direction only, pressure pushes the fluid out. The good ones. The cheapos can work both ways.

If you want to reverse flush, drain the fluid then just flush it with hoses and a fluid pump.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:17:46 PM by Norge Pilot »

canuguzzi

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »
Just loosen them and you can force fluid back through. The really good ones have built in check valves and are one way.

Offline jazzamoto

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »
Just loosen them and you can force fluid back through. The really good ones have built in check valves and are one way.
I've installed Speed Bleeders from Speed Bleeder Products, Inc. which have a built-in check valve and which, I assume, are the good ones and are one way. So you think I can just loosen them and force fluid back through?
I've got a large syringe with a hose attached that I can use (done it before with stock bleeders) but I wanted to avoid pissing fluid out if I can help it.   Thanks!
Richmond, CA
'78 Le Mans I
2021 Honda NC 750x DCT

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:07:09 PM »

canuguzzi

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 08:44:41 PM »
No, if they have a check valve you can't just loosen them, the fluid will get forced past the threads and you'll have a mess.

Is there a reason you want to back flush? Is there some nasty stuff in there you can get out by bleeding them?

Offline jazzamoto

• Gosling
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
No, if they have a check valve you can't just loosen them, the fluid will get forced past the threads and you'll have a mess.

Is there a reason you want to back flush? Is there some nasty stuff in there you can get out by bleeding them?

The system is completely empty at this point. I've got delinked brakes on my '78 Le Mans and I've just replaced the left front caliper, rebuilt the rear caliper and and replaced all the brake lines. I'd hoped to reverse flush to fill the system since it forces all the bubbles to the master cylinder and makes for a quicker bleeding process.
But what the hell, I'm retired and I do, in fact, have all day. Thanks for your help NP, you've confirmed my suspicions.  I appreciate it!  :grin:
Richmond, CA
'78 Le Mans I
2021 Honda NC 750x DCT

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here