Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: April meet n greet lunch, Ga/Tn/Nc etc
« Last post by bobrebos1 on Today at 07:44:55 AM »
Bumpity bump.  2 days out.  Mostly cloudy, 72 degrees in the forecast for Suches, Ga!  Hope you all have a blast! 
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 07:33:33 AM »
I turn the motor till the exhaust valve is open and adjust the intake valve, then open the intake and adjust the exhaust. First  time I tried the tdc method the screwdriver stuck on me, probable same way it broke the pen. Decided I'd do it the other way.

Seriously!
Our local car wash has great soap, and the wax ain't too bad, either.
They also have a big blow dryer.

Meh, it's nice to have choices.

You might want a Kawi forum for your answers--------------just an idea, look in the service manual or parts manual.
General Discussion / Re: Creamy oil in airbox
« Last post by Dirk_S on Today at 07:01:59 AM »
If you had oil in the airbox and cleaned it out, there’s some of it. The sump will almost certainly have a collection of the oil caked all over it, including inside the screened well/reservoir. Plus—you probably have some hanging around in the filter itself. Did you drain the bike after an extended ride to get the oil more fluid? If not, there’s probably some extra adhering all around the engine.
« Last post by faffi on Today at 06:44:57 AM »
I do not recommend this, but I am telling what I would have done if it was my bike.

- Check that the crankcase ventilation is absolutely clean and free, without any kind of residue
- Remove oil filter, replace lid only
- Fill 4 liters of clean diesel into the engine, and let it sit over night
- Drain diesel
- Fit oil filter
- Fill 1 liter of cheap engine oil and one liter of ATF
- Run engine stationary at 1500-2500 rpm for 10 minutes
- Drain the oil from crankcase and oil filter and replace filter if it does not appear clean
- Fit oil filter
- Fill with the correct engine oil
- Go for an extended ride
- Check every 10 miles for signs of foaming
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 06:26:06 AM »
Yup if it's in the pan it's not the breathers and it's not that you're close to temp, it's that you're way off (rides are way too short for temps and ancient moisture).
Hi everybody,

I think my problem with my Ninja is a big air hose leak.... problem is I can't find it..... the actual manual is HORRIBLE because it doesn't show shows which lines are supposed to connect to what. ...as if that nipple were a vent or did it go somewhere else?

I haven't found any clear view on the California model and I'm going "How was it wired before... but it doesn't work at all....everything is the same... . I THINK (obviously no or it will work) so I need to track each
The vacuum lines on the bike are just to make sure each vacuum line is in the correct position...

Does anyone have any ideas?
General Discussion / changing eldo fork oil
« Last post by ray bear on Today at 04:07:08 AM »
have often wondered how to make changing fork oil on my 73 Eldorado with police dash easier  I  always drain the oil and refill with a measured amount through the drain plug with a syringe and have thought about installing a brake bleeder nipple to the drain hole to make it less messy but has anyone drilled the 6mm holes in the top nut all the way through and just removed the 6mm allen bolt that secures the dash to refill  with a syringe . Thanks Ray
General Discussion / Re: V85 valve adjustment gone wrong…
« Last post by Huzo on Today at 02:58:10 AM »
Ok.
The bike has run fine for an extended period, so there is no ongoing concern. The endoscope idea would have been great had you attempted to check for fragments pre ride, but looks like you have dodged disaster.
You’re not the first and certainly won’t be the last.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here