Author Topic: The National Rally in Seattle  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
The National Rally in Seattle
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »
I am planning on riding up to this the end of May, haven't seen a lot of buzz on here about it.  Just curious if anyone else is going?

oldbike54

Re: The National Rally in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:40:19 AM »
 At the risk of sounding negative , I don't think you are going to see much buzz about what amounts to a dinner ride . Sorry .

Dusty

twowings

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:52:11 AM »
Not going halfway across the country for 1 afternoon worth of stuff...nope

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
That's the vibe I was picking up on.  Oh well, I'm looking forward to the ride.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »

Offline davedel44

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:21:18 AM »
Report back especially if they have any new info on V85.  Ride Safe.

Dave
Galveston
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:37:43 PM by davedel44 »
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Online Dharma Bum

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
Roy,  if you're going through Portland, stop in and say hi to Rick for me at Portland MotoGuzzi!  Ride safe.

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01:51 AM »
Just wanted to say that I'll be there - probably on the slicer - and a bunch of local Guzzi people are going and our vintage club will set up a display.  Jill suggested we stay at McMenamin's Anderson School (brewery hotel  :boozing:) the night before.

Cossacks Drill Team will perform too.

https://guzziclub.com/guzzi-festival-2018  "-Non Moto Guzzi motorcycles and automobiles will be represented as we are celebrating all things Italian (Aprilia, MV AGUSTA, Ducati, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Alfa and more will all be there)!"

Sounds like a blast to me!

Definitely less of a riding rally than John Day, but there are many great roads once you are out of the Seattle Snarl so you can make what you want of it. 

1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 06:06:08 PM »
A few of us are planning on riding down from Vancouver BC
72 Eldorado
17 V7iii Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline smdl

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 01:32:44 AM »
A few of us are planning on riding down from Vancouver BC

... and a few from The Island.

Cheers,
Shaun
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'17 V7 III Stone
'21 Aprilia Tuono 660
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore (Yep, two)

Offline SED

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 10:28:14 PM »
Great!  It sounds like a fun event.  We've got some die hard Guzzisti here.
1983 LeMans III
1981 Monza
1947 Ariel Red Hunter
1939 Ariel Red Hunter
1937 Guzzi GTV

Offline Brian Harper

• Gosling
    • ___
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 02:35:02 PM »
A group of four (so far) of us are planning on coming up from the Bay Area. I have camping reservations at the Tolt campground. Plan is to take two days to get there and seven days to get back.
Brian Harper
2015 Moto Guzzi Norge
1980 Moto Guzzi CX100
1974 Ducati 750GT

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
I'll be in a different time zone, but I'm hoping everyone has a great time there!

Offline kirkemon

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »
I can't go, but if you ride near Leavenworth, stop there. Great place.
I can recommend The Post Hotel
https://posthotelleavenworth.com/

Thank me later.
Kirk

Offline Yeahoo Whoyah

• Gaggle Hero
  • 1971 LAPD Ambassador - 1976 Convert
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
A group of four (so far) of us are planning on coming up from the Bay Area
Brian:  I sent you a PM
Greg in El Dorado Hills
Greg Tillitson
El Dorado Hills Calif.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 09:47:00 PM »
The Cossacks riding team should be worth it but........ the distance to get there from PHX.  I'm not sure.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 10:04:52 AM »
I will be arriving on Friday, and staying at a Condo/Hotel (the Camlin) in Seattle. It looks to be about 7 miles away or so.  I have been looking at doing rides, perhaps on Saturday up to Mukitilo? ferry over to Whidbey and then ride the 11 up to Bellingham.

I've got a pretty solid route to Vancouver, Wa that I'm well pleased with.  Would like some ideas to get from Vancouver to Seattle and miss the 5, but still make reasonable time.  Probably coming from Pendleton on Thursday night.

On the way back, I wanted to go through Leavenworth, but will need to be in Boise by Monday night.

Offline Cross-tie Walker

• Gosling
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »
UT Rider
If you're coming from Pendleton, I'd take 84 to 82 then head north to Umatilla, cross the Columbia there then head west on Hiwy 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia. Much more of a motorcycle road than 84. Then, at Maryhill (Near Biggs Junction) take 97 north through great windmill country into Yakima, Ellensburg and onto I-90 on into Seattle from the east. I-90 is still a freeway, but MUCH more scenic than I-5 and nice over Snoqualmie Pass, and maybe 40 miles out of your way.
Kevin in Seattle
'72 Eldo
'07 Vintage

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:06 PM »
You folks coming from the south and east might consider running up the Idaho panhandle and scooting across on highway 20.  20 is the longest highway in the USA and a world-class bike run.

Offline Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
That's what I was thinking.   :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
Yeah, 20 is a beauty through there.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline Matteo

• Alaska Guzzi's on Facebook
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
You folks coming from the south and east might consider running up the Idaho panhandle and scooting across on highway 20.  20 is the longest highway in the USA and a world-class bike run.
And you�ll pass this.

66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,80 CX100,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »
Awesome..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 04:08:17 PM »
I forgot to mention that US 20 goes right past the rally, relatively speaking.  And if you keep going West, it T-bones at the 101 on the Olympic Peninsula.  I won't go into the detail of how wonderful 101 is in the pnw.

Offline Cross-tie Walker

• Gosling
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 04:55:51 PM »
UT Rider
You say you want to go to Levenworth on the way back. That is on Hwy 2  and a total phony town/tourist trap.  Others have suggested Hwy 20 to get here...that's pretty far north but would be an excellent choice to return heading east after the rally. It's truly just as beautiful eastbound or west bound.
Look forward to hearing about your choices and ride!
Kevin in Seattle
'72 Eldo
'07 Vintage

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 05:57:50 PM »
Thanks for the input, I will look into these suggested alternatives and plan accordingly.

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
UT Rider
If you're coming from Pendleton, I'd take 84 to 82 then head north to Umatilla, cross the Columbia there then head west on Hiwy 14 on the Washington side of the Columbia. Much more of a motorcycle road than 84. Then, at Maryhill (Near Biggs Junction) take 97 north through great windmill country into Yakima, Ellensburg and onto I-90 on into Seattle from the east. I-90 is still a freeway, but MUCH more scenic than I-5 and nice over Snoqualmie Pass, and maybe 40 miles out of your way.

Cross-tie, I am going to visit a friend who lives in Skamania on the way up.  It's just east of Vancouver, I will ride 14 over to Hood River for breakfast, then cross the "Bridge of the Gods" then down to his place.  Are there any alternatives from here without having to back track too much that will be fun, scenic and get me to Seattle before the gridlock hits.

Thank you for your suggestions, I do appreciate them.  I have done a good bit of traveling in the area (I was born in Moses Lake, the armpit of Washington) but, flying on the slab ain't what I"m looking for so keep em coming.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 10:25:12 AM »
Cross-tie, I am going to visit a friend who lives in Skamania on the way up.  It's just east of Vancouver, I will ride 14 over to Hood River for breakfast, then cross the "Bridge of the Gods" then down to his place.  Are there any alternatives from here without having to back track too much that will be fun, scenic and get me to Seattle before the gridlock hits.

Thank you for your suggestions, I do appreciate them.  I have done a good bit of traveling in the area (I was born in Moses Lake, the armpit of Washington) but, flying on the slab ain't what I"m looking for so keep em coming.

No, Soap Lake is the armpit of Washington.  Soap Lake is why Moses Lake never got to the promised land.

Offline Cross-tie Walker

• Gosling
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 10:56:13 AM »
UTRider
That does change things a little bit if you're going to Skamania. The only real alternative would be North out of Carson (about 20 miles east of Skamania on 14) There is a Forest Service road, #25. It's better than 'Primitive" but you gotta pay attention and it's not very fast, but you come about a stones throw away from Mt St Helens and can take a slight detour to get even closer if you want. Pretty breathtaking. It comes out at Randle, but you're still south of Tacoma at that point and would need to work your way North in traffic and depending on the time it could be grueling.
You'll miss a lot if go into Vancouver and up I-5, but if you're pressed for time..that's probably the best.
Kevin in Seattle
'72 Eldo
'07 Vintage

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 11:04:52 AM »
There's another forest service road headed north just outside of Randle that takes you to the Mt Rainier Park gate.  From there you can continue the back highways up past Enumclaw, and then up past Fall City, and Carnation (this is where dog food is made) along the Snoqualmie River, and Mt Vernon.  This forest service road (I can't remember the number, but it's easy to spot) is also just a cut above primitive.  The highways it connects to are in pretty good shape.  I do variations of this route to get to WAMGNOC breakfast meetings and to get to highway 12 or Deep Forest.  It's a nice meander.

Offline Utrider

• Gosling
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 11:10:17 AM »
No, Soap Lake is the armpit of Washington.  Soap Lake is why Moses Lake never got to the promised land.

LOL, well my Dad was based there in the early 60's, so my sister was born in Soap Lake.  Small world out here folks!

What is the 503 up from 14 to Amboy, Cougar and Northwoods to Randle like?  I think from there I will be pretty committed to the slog of Seattle, if there are any hot ticket bypasses for the 5 through there I'm open to that as well.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here