Author Topic: Rick4003's T5 restoration/rebuild  (Read 58100 times)

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Rick4003's T5 restoration/rebuild
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2018, 07:55:22 PM »
Thanks for those great pics, Rick :grin: :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali
As ye practice, so do ye teach.

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
Thanks for following along :) It makes it more fun to post when you know somebody is following.

I have more and more doubt about this type of hydraulic clutch setup. Now it works and it works very well, but I don't know if it is an actual improvement over a well lubed cable. So far I like the way it is working and feel is also good. The main reason for not going back to cable was simply to prove to myself that it could be done better than it was. I will try to measure the force it takes to pull in the clutch lever if I can find a luggage weight to measure it with. It is not super hard but it is no feather light action either. Maybe next week I can try and measure the cable pull clutch from my buddys G5 and see how the difference is.

Just put in one step bigger idle jets so now the jetting is:
Main 134
Idle 54
Needle K-18
Choke 70
Slide I believe is a 60. Will check tomorrow and will check needle height.
I suspect it is running a bit rich at the moment so will try to do some plug pulls tomorrow and see how they look.

Did another 100km on the bike today and it is running very well. On the control side of things. I have still not gotten used to the two button indicator setup. Mainly the right side indicator button is what bugs me, very time you want to indicate to the right you let go of the throttle a bit or completely to reach around and push the button. Makes it really difficult to be smooth on the gas in and out of right hand turns. Roundabouts are the worst on the indicator side of things.

Mostly minor issues or concerns now, the bikes rides well overall  :bike-037:
I received the AFR500v2 wideband controller the other day, so might make up a fitting to put in the exhaust without having to plug it directly in the header pipes. Will see how much time I got on my hands.

Took it down to check on the boat :)

Moto Guzzi 850 T5 (850 sport) - 1985
Moto Guzzi Ambassador - 1967
Yamaha FZR 600 - 1996 - SOLD

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »
A few more thoughts and niggles.

I have now done around 500 km on the bike the last few days, jetting is close to being good, although I suspect it running on the lean side. Will try to make up the pipe for the wideband controller and see if I can get some readings from the exhaust.

Still dislike the two button indicator setup. Will probably change it to a 3-way switch and push buttons for light. Hoping to find a newer Ducati left switch, they should have this setup.

Seat is too low and foot pegs are too high for rides with full gear, if I ride just in my jeans I don't have so much trouble, but it is really cramped with riding pants on too. Might have to think up some new foot peg mounting and make a new seat. I want the bike to be comfortable enough to ride longer distances with no major discomfort. So these two mods are definitely going to happen at some point.

Clutch seem to work better and better, the clutch action is pretty light now. Still don't have anything to measure it with.

-Ulrik

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2018, 03:13:30 AM »
 Current jetting of the bike that I think is working well is:

Main jet 134
Idle jet 54
Needle K-18, third notch from top.
Throttle slides I have found not to be the same :( 60/3 on the left side and 50/3 on the right side. I have to dig into my stash and see if the slides from the phf30s are the same, then I can try those out if they are not too worn.

-Ulrik

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2018, 03:13:30 AM »

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2018, 04:17:11 AM »
The throttle slides are different :shocked:
But from what you have demonstrated Rick, you could make your own version :grin: :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2018, 04:27:30 AM »
Haha, I could probably, but I think it would take a lot longer than to dig through my pile of parts to find the phf30's I have somewhere. I believe the slides should be the same as for the 36's. Hopefully they are not too worn and will match. [emoji4]

I don't know why on earth he has send me two different slides in the carbs I have bought as a kit. Didn't think about checking it back then. Don't know if he would like to send me a new slide to match two years after I bought them.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2018, 06:44:19 AM »
I promised to post some pictures of how the bleed screw exits above the shifter arm but forgot about it, so here you go :)

I have also changed the front tire as it was 11 years old. As mentioned in a post several pages back I bought a set of Bridgestone S21 tires, but never got them mounted. I will not mount the rear tire before the current Michelin Pilot Power 2ct  is worn enough to justify it. I installed an Outlex tubeless kit on the front rim and so far it looks to do the job with no leaks :) I have 400km on the tire since changing it on sunday and it doesn't seem to have lost any air.

Cleaning of the rim to ensure a good bond. I used a kitchen towel and brake cleaner. There was a lot of dust and dirt inside the tire and on the rim from I can only guess is the tire and tube rubbing against each other. It took a while to get it clean!

Rim with the tubeless kit installed. There is two layers of tape, the first one is a rubbery tape that sticks on both sides. This one you put down and ensure that there is a good bond all over and take care to get all the air squeezed out so there isn't any air pockets. The next layer is a protection tape, that isn't really a tape as it doesn't stick but is stuck on the double stick first layer. First layer is put on with the joint to the left of the valve hole and the second layer is put on with the joint on the right side. On the last joint you put an extra layer of double stick and protection tape.

This rim has the tubeless tire safety beads on, so I should be good to go with them.

-Ulrik

Offline rutgery

• Hatchling
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2018, 04:08:49 PM »
interesting! I didn't even know these kinds of kits existed! Is the side of the tire sealed by the air pressure inside the tire? Also, will tyre shops service your wheels?
'82 Moto Guzzi G5
'89 V7 Sport replica from a Cali 3

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
The tape only seals the spokes from leaking. The tire seals like a normal tubeless. It requires the tire to be tubeless of course, but you can hardly get any tires that is not meant for tubeless applications anymore.

If you can get a tire shop to change your tires afterwards, I have no idea. I have always changed my own tires, so I have never asked a tire shop if they would do it or not. If you're in US I'm guessing no. Here in Denmark, you could probably get them to change your tires no problem. They would probably say that if it leaks or anything happens to you, it is your own responsibility.

There is lots of different ways to make a spoke rim tubeless. Try and do a search on it, adv rider has a few threads on it. And I know there should be some threads on it here also. If I would do it again, the i think I would go for the 3m extreme adhesion tape instead of the outlex kit. The idea is the same but the cost is very different [emoji4]

The front rim was a bit tricky to do as the tape was wider than the recess in the rim, so some of the tape would be on the side "wall" of the rim. I expect the rear to be much easier to do.

-Ulrik

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2018, 09:57:44 AM »
I managed to get around 800km on the Guzzi this time around and it was running smoothly most of the time. I suspect the springs for the ignition advance is old and stretched as it has been pinging a bit. I checked the timing and it was right on the spot at full advance and it was mostly pinging between 2500-3500. I reduced the total advance a bit and this made it run better without pinging. New advance springs will be on order for the next round of spareparts.

Clutch is still working perfectly.

I was supposed to leave for Bali on friday but the company didn't want to pay for the change of ticket, So I had a few extra days on my hands. In an earlier post I pulled the engine out of my Alfa and I took the extra few days in Denmark as a chance to get it put back together.

The empty block.

Parts to go in. New liners and pistons, new small end bushings in conrods, reground crankshaft and new main and big end bearings.

Pistons on the rods.

Crank, liners and pistons in block and all torqued down. nuts locked with loctite 270 as recommended by Jim K in his book on high performance Alfa twin cams.

Block with front cover and sump mounted. Oil pump mounted and timed. The oilpump is driving the distributor, so if it is installed out of timing the distributor don�t pop in in the right direction. The engine can run, but the number 1 high voltage wire must be positioned different than normal. Makes trouble shooting a bit more troublesome.

Cylinder head mounted. New valves, new guides and new springs. Was overhauled by a local engine rebuilding shop, so it was al ready to be mounted to the block.

And the completed engine.

At this time I started to clean up all the left over packing from new parts and found a oil slinger washer that I missed when mounting the front cover! Damn it! Cylinder head and sump has to come off to get the front cover off meaning an extra full day of work. I had to fly back to Indonesia on the same day, so that was not an option.

The offending washer. 2mm to big to go through the hole for the front crankseal.

In the lathe, made a little holding tool to being able to trim the 2mm off the diameter.

Washer in the right place after trimming of the diameter. A high quality crank seal will be put in to offset any problems the trimming might have done. I don't expect it to make any difference in the washers ability to sling away the oil from the crank seal.

Completed engine, now with all washers installed. Keeping the Guzzi company until I return back in august.

-Ulrik

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:29:23 AM by Rick4003 »

Offline perter

• SP1000 owner since Aug 2015
  • New Egg
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
Nice job, must be "relaxing" to get back to work with such a busy vacation! :wink:

Online balvenie

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »
Great pics Rick :thumb:
Oz
04 Cali

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2018, 09:22:47 PM »
Nice job, must be "relaxing" to get back to work with such a busy vacation! :wink:
It was actually quite relaxing to assemble the engine. Until I found that damn washer at least [emoji6]

For work I can't quite complain, I just got back home to Bali and now our local volcano erupted so they closed the airport. So now I can not do anything else than hang out with the girls at home, so that is not bad at all [emoji4]

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:23:30 PM by Rick4003 »

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2018, 06:37:47 AM »
I'm no expert in photoshop and I don't even have the program, so I played around in paint a bit and came up with this.

This would be the allround theme that the bike should take in the furture. Seat will be a bench style seat in brown, tool box in black and side covers for the toolbox in same pearl white as the tank.

With the new seat there will also be made a new rear fender to match the front aluminium fender. There will be new more classic looking indicators too.

The seat will be quite a bit taller than the old one as the riding position right now is very cramped. I will see after the seat is made if I have to lower the footpegs also.

-Ulrik

Offline perter

• SP1000 owner since Aug 2015
  • New Egg
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2018, 05:25:06 AM »
I really dig the point of getting a taller seat, I have a low seat and Tarozzi rearsets on mine too and with 1,84cm height and inseam between 32 and 34 inches in jeans it becomes a challenge to fit the legs. Especially for an older man like me  :embarrassed:

On the other hand, a plain bench seat like you illustrated may make the bike look even longer and lower than you like. I know it's a matter of taste and your propsal is definetely classic, personally I just like to have a shorter and more compressed look on my bikes so I would probably shorten the seat a bit or make it decline in an angle to meet the fender?

I like the idea to close the hole under the seat. As you may see, I have the same "cafe racer hole" in mine and it tends to be outdated now, so I'm looking in closing the hole as well.

Just some thoughts - it's a nice bike in any incarnation

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2018, 05:57:13 AM »
Hej Per,

I get the thoughts about the seat, it is definitely just a sketch but I think that the height and length of the seat will make the bike look more balanced than with the current seat. At the moment the bikes looks as long as a locomotive when you are standing next to it. So I don't think it will hurt with the longish bench seat. I would like to be able to carry a passenger and to be able to strap things on the back of the seat. How it ends up looking is not cast in stone so it might be changed around when I get started to do some actual work on the seat project. I'm 187cm and 34inch inseam so you get the idea about the taller seat ;)

The filling of the hole has been a long time plan of mine. I think I will make a combined toolbox and airbox. The trumpets will be dropped in favor of a well designed (hopefully) Airbox that will be in the front of the tool/airbox. My idea is to use a flat panel style airfilter from a car and then make an access door through the toolbox so the filter can be easily serviced or exchanged. The snorkel for the airbox will then run through the "V" of the engine and catch air in the front triangle of the frame. How long the snorkel have to be I have to do some calculations on. It is apparently quite a science making an airbox.
Side covers/doors for the tool box will be in the style of the V7 sport.     

-Ulrik

canuck750

« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »
Great pictures of your Alfa motor, I love the sump casting, Italian art work at its finest! The Guzzi is looking pretty smart too.

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2018, 09:25:38 AM »
Great pictures of your Alfa motor, I love the sump casting, Italian art work at its finest! The Guzzi is looking pretty smart too.

I agree, they really did make a great engine when they designed this one. Consider that this engine was designed more than 65 years ago it is very high tech and well made. If the block doesn't freeze and cracks then it can be rebuild as many times as you want. All the wear parts can be changed out as I more or less did with this rebuild. On that account it is a bit like a Guzzi engine. Now after the rebuild I just hope it spins like it is famous for, because it did not do that before the rebuild that's for sure!

Thanks on the bike too :)

-Ulrik

canuck750

« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »
I agree, they really did make a great engine when they designed this one. Consider that this engine was designed more than 65 years ago it is very high tech and well made. If the block doesn't freeze and cracks then it can be rebuild as many times as you want. All the wear parts can be changed out as I more or less did with this rebuild. On that account it is a bit like a Guzzi engine. Now after the rebuild I just hope it spins like it is famous for, because it did not do that before the rebuild that's for sure!

Thanks on the bike too :)

-Ulrik

Gotta love Italian engineering, their QQ / QC may not be the best but their designs are second to none. Only an Italian engineer can make an alumnum casting a thing of beauty

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »
A little update.

I haven't been in denmark much, but some things have happened. We bought a house and is planning to move next spring, so after that there should be a lot more progress on the bike. The house needs a lot of works, so most of my effort will be focused on that. But the house has a really nice workshop attached, so FINALLY I will have my very own workshop and can move all my tools down there. I cannot wait to get everything installed and working! :)

I was planning to take the bike to a visit to the office, a trip of around 200km each way and had to have some way of bringing my luggage, so I decided to make a baggage rack for the bike. It is now official that this bike is not a Café racer, even if it might look like one a bit :)

Setup of the first parts

Side view

Test fitting of the hoop

Painting

Finished and fitted

The trip to the office on the Guzzi didn't happen as the weather went nuts and it turned into a hurricane of wind and rain. Had to take the car instead. But now I have a rack for the bike at least :)

-Ulrik

canuck750

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:34 PM »
Nice fabrication work :thumb:

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2019, 05:57:24 AM »
Finally got time to get some work done on the bike. The last many months have been used to move half way across the planet, get another kid and working on our new (old) house.

The first thing i did to the bike was to mount a new handlebar instead of the clipons, despite being one of the younger members of this site I am still to old to spend any reasonable amount of time behind clipons. So new handlebars it was.
I haven't taken any pictures during the installation of handlebars as it was pretty straight forward. I turned some bushings to mount in the top triple tree and used a set of very cheap Chinese handle bar clamps. I used a small amount of time to dress them up a bit and gave them a quick rattle can paint job. It was mostly done to see if the handle bar position worked and I could get the clutch and brake hoses to reach.

By rerouting the clutch hose it was possible to make it reach, but the brake hoses was a no go. I had a splitter and hoses from the old Ducati fork that was on the bike and I was able to get those to fit. I needed to make new cables for the buttons and for the gas cables.

I thought I had a leaking bevel drive, but it turned out to be the engine crankcase ventilation that was throwing out oil all over my rear tire, so I decided to make a new breather box in the style that fits over the central frame tube under the tank.
This was done both to attempt to get a better system than the original in frame system, but also because the frame was sandblasted before painting and there is a big risk that there is leftover sand inside the frame. Even if all the hose connections where taped off before blasting. Thirdly there is also the issue of the frame rusting.

The job was started with some cardboard aided design to get the basic shape down.

Final cardboard design

After I was satisfied that the shape was good and the tank would still fit over, I cut open the cardbox breather box and transferred the pieces to a 1mm stainless steel plate.

After transferring the pieces, I drilled the two inside radius' with a holesaw on the bench drill. Slowest speed, light pressure and plenty of cutting fluid did the trick.

The rest of the cutting was done with a bench shear

The curved bottom section was bend over a 45mm tube and massaged to the right shape. The end pieces was trimmed with the bench shear and an angle grinder to a good fit. All the pieces were tacked together using very small tacks with the TIG welder.

A middle baffle was added to the top of the box to separate the two halves most of the way down the spine. The oil/air mix enters on the left side and hopefully will separate the oil from the air mostly on the left side and then the air escapes through the line to atmosphere on the right side. The pipe to atmosphere is routed all the way to the top to gain the biggest vertical difference between the oil out and the air out.

Right side with the air outlet pipe.

The oil returns from the two bottom corners of the tank. Left side hose connection goes straight down and connects to the engine and the right goes out the back and loops around to connect to the left pipe at a lower level. I did it this way because I want to retain as much space between the cylinders for the upcoming airbox snorkel. Its a bit difficult to see, but it is the two hose clamps that is connected to the oil drain hose that leads from right to left.

I added a small baffle just after the inlet so most of the oil should condense on this baffle. Or that's the idea at least.

Test mounting after welding top on.

Finished breather box.

The ignition coils where mounted side by side under the central frame tube, this space is now invaded by the breather box, so I had to relocate them slightly. One coil stayed in the position under the frame tube and the other was moved forward into the triangle behind the headstock.
New brackets were made for this.

One was made with a small pipe and a captive nut to make it easier to install behind the headstock.
After powder coating

Fitted in new locating.

Close up of front coil

Finished box mounted.

I realize that the oil spewing out the breather could be caused by a stuck ball valve in the big breather tube and this is likely the main cause of the problems. But for the other reasons above I still wanted to make the new breather box. The valve did seem to stick when I pulled it out and there was also mayo in it. So it got cleaned and hopefully I can go out on some longer rides to get it nice and hot.

An unrelated thing was that I was getting quite some pinging when riding the bike. When I first started the bike up, it had the old DIY flywheel on with no ignition marks on it. I setup the timing using a degree wheel and the straw method of finding TDC. In hindsight this was/is not precise enough to set the ignition. So I redid the ignition settings using the marks on the original flywheel now mounted to statically time the engine and sure enough I was too advanced on the timing. Later I will have to set the timing with a strobe light at max advance.
I made a little wrench for reaching the distributor bolts as these are almost impossible to get to with a normal ring spanner.

I still need to setup the carbs correctly, but I am more convinced I will be able to get a good setup with the ignition set correctly.

Happy that everything was now back together I just did a quick test of lights after putting the seat on and found that no lights worked  :undecided:
fiddling a bit with the grounds got one indicator to work but still no rear light or left indicator... So that's the job now. I do have another rear light and indicators in a box somewhere, so I will dig those out and mount them.

Hopefully I will be able to enjoy riding soon :)

- Ulrik

canuck750

« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2019, 09:48:04 AM »
Fantastic fabrication skills with the breather box, very cool!

Your distributor wrench looks great, thanks for sharing the idea, making one is on my to do list.

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
+1 marvelous fab skills!  Can you make one for me?   :grin:
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »
Thanks both of you. The wrench needs a little more stiffening I think it is bending quite a lot, but it works very well. I think you can even get to the bolts with the tank still on. Although I haven't tried yet.

+1 marvelous fab skills!  Can you make one for me?   :grin:

I possibly could. I have a friend with access to a laser cutter, that would make the fabrication much easier. Although I can see that on your 1000S there isn't a lot of room around the central frame tube as there is a lot of things going on here.
On my bike I have maxed out the dimensions as much as possible in an attempt to get the biggest possible volume.

A production version must be smaller to be able to ensure that it would fit your model.

-Ulrik

Offline Dave Swanson

• Gaggle Hero
  • Northern Illinois USA
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2019, 09:15:23 PM »
I will probably leave the 1000S as is, but I really admire the work done on this.   :thumb:
Dave Swanson - Northern IL
1935 GTS
1968 V700
1973 V7 Sport
1974 Eldo
1974 Police Eldo
1976 Convert
1977 Lemans 1.2
1980 T3 California
1993 1000S - Sparklehorse
2004 V11S - Eraldo-ized
2016 Griso SE - Beetle-ized
2021 V7-850 Stone Centenario
2022 V85TT Guardia d'Onore
2023 V100S

MGNOC L-780

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
I will probably leave the 1000S as is, but I really admire the work done on this.   :thumb:

Your 1000S also looks magnificent now. It would be a shame to start modifying it now. I think I would keep it as stock as possible if I had one of those. Luckily mine is a lowly T5 so I don't feel bad about modifying it :grin:

Offline Rick4003

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2019, 02:58:33 AM »
As mentioned in one of the last post the rear light and one of the indicators stopped working when I had gotten the breather box fixed. I believe the blame is going to a too high voltage adjustment on the regulator.
I turned it down again to charge at 13.3volt now.

The LED tail light was toast and the indicator was just a blown bulb. It turned out that a new bulb was half the price of a new LED indicator. And as one of the old indicators had already been broken off and epoxied on again I went for a new set of LED indicators. A new LED tail light of the same style (Ducati Monster 900 from 1994-200?) was sourced.

To keep the MOT man happy, I had to move the tail light back so the license plate light would actually light up the license plate. I reused the old bracket but fabricated a new cover for the bracket so it looked more sleek.

The cover was just made of some thin mild steel plate and MIG welded together.

After powder coating:

After fitting the new breather box, I still had oil spewing out on the rear tire so the problem was indeed the check valve in the hose. Turned out that it was so worn that it could lock itself in the closed position.

If your ball on the check valve sticks this much out the bottom, throw the thing in the bin and get a new one.

Luckily I had another one in good condition. I fitted this one and the problem was solved. I have driven 1000km this week and not a drop of oil have left the breather tube!  :bike-037:

From the trip to Northern Jutland.
On this trip I had some issues with the charging system. It started dropping in voltage and I stopped and took the cover of the generator. I squeezed all the connectors a bit to get better connection and fiddled a bit with the brushes. It seemed to solve the issue and it charged nicely all the way to my destination.
On the way back it stopped charging again and this time I ran completely out of power. It was not even possible to push start it. By luck I had come to a stop a few hundred meters from a guy driving old Land Rovers. He and his wife were very helpful and let me borrow a battery charger and some brake cleaner to clean the quite dirty brushes in the generator. (I made sure not to use too much and to not get it into the windings.)
The bike started up and although the voltage was dropping once in a while it keep charging well enough to get me the 280kms home again.

I checked out the whole charging system the day after in the garage and it turned out that the chief mechanic managed to fit a connector poorly causing the issue.... :embarrassed: All connectors were squeezed for a better fit before fitting and I checked one extra time that everything was fitted correctly on their spades.
400km was covered after fixing the issue and the voltage was constant at 13.3 volts all the way.

Carbs settings are good with no poping or backfiring.

Picking up my auction winnings :grin:

For now it seems like the bike is finally fully reliable and runs well. :)
-Ulrik

canuck750

« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2019, 10:17:08 AM »
 :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #149 on: September 10, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »
Thanks for the thread. Loved the hydraulic fab.  :thumb:
After fitting the new breather box, I still had oil spewing out on the rear tire so the problem was indeed the check valve in the hose.
:grin: :grin: Not that I've ever gone the long way around to cure a simple problem..
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here