Author Topic: Mexico trips  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
Mexico trips
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:27:35 PM »
25 years ago I took a Pancho Villa trip from Mexico City to Acapulco and had a great time. It is now called Motodiscovery. Thinking of their Colonial and/or Baja and Copper Canyon trips in 2019. Would ride the EV or K75S. Anyone taken these trips? Also the Moab off-road training trip in June using their bike. Comments would be helpful. Thanks
94 R100R Mystic , 92 K75S, 98 EV, 17 Stelvio NTX

Offline severely

• Hatchling
Re: Mexico trips
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 07:05:46 PM »
I'd be happy to ride with you in Mexico, don't much like group tours though. My wife and I are going in November and February , if you're interested give me a pm.

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
Thanks, but I’ll be in south Fla at that time and be unable to go with you. I’m looking for some guidance on these trips but inevitably will simply make my own decision.

Offline severely

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »
I'm happy to help with guidance also, when are you planning to go?

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »

Offline Gustavo

• New Egg
  • Motociclista Errante
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 12:30:35 PM »
I go to Mexico almost every year (some years more than once).  Some times on the bike, sometimes with the family, sometimes I ride my bike and meet my family there.  I am no fan of organized tours of any kind, so I can't say if they are still as good as you remember.  What I can tell you is that traveling in Mexico on your own is trivial.  Yes, it takes a bit more planning, but that is a big part of the fun of going on a trip.  You also end up learning more about the places you go through that way.

If you have any question relating to places to visit in Mexico (as part of a tour or on your own), I'll be happy to help.

Gustavo

Offline Bisbee

• Hatchling
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
Thanks, Severely and Gustavo. I think I’ll sign up for the Colonial in Oct next year. Ride the EV 1400 miles to McAllen , Texas. Take the tour and return to Arizona by way of the Big Bend area . Need to stop and see Judge Roy Bean. If it happens and I need help , I’ll call on you.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here