Author Topic: V7 power bump  (Read 30456 times)

RaananC

V7 power bump
« on: June 30, 2015, 01:05:15 AM »
Hi All

Does anyone know of an engine kit to bump-up the new V7's power above the official 48 hp?

Thanks

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
Re: V7 power bump
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:06 AM »
What for?
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Vasco DG

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »
Yes! It's very easy. Trade it in on a more powerful motorbike!

RaananC

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:42:09 AM »
What for?
To get a bit more, say around 60 hp.

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 01:42:09 AM »

Offline flip

• Gaggle Hero
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 01:44:58 AM »
 :popcorn:
North Carolina

RaananC

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:09 AM »
Yes! It's very easy. Trade it in on a more powerful motorbike!

I like the racer look but I would like to get more juice out of it.

Vasco DG

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:48:04 AM »
This idiotic fantasy gets trotted out every couple of months. It can't happen. If you want to understand why go back to school and learn some physics!

RaananC

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:54:30 AM »
This idiotic fantasy gets trotted out every couple of months. It can't happen. If you want to understand why go back to school and learn some physics!

Sorry, haven't visited here over a year but I think if Guzzi were able to get about 45 hp from the V50 monza and 60 from the V65 lario they can surely get a bit more from the V7.

Vasco DG

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 02:09:41 AM »
OK! How? Wishing?

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 02:14:39 AM »
Perhaps a bigger motor...
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Vasco DG

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 02:37:41 AM »
Then it wouldn't be a bloody V7 would it :violent1: :Beating_A_Dead_Hors e_by_liviu

AGRO!

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 02:59:35 AM »
I've owned 23 bikes over the years from 65cc to 1300cc and for me the little V7 has to be the best fun bike I've owned.
I just love ridding the thing more than any R1 or sports bike I've had.
OK its not that powerful but I can use all its power if I want without worrying about going to jail.
If you have aftermarket pipes get your bike flashed with a new map and feel the difference.
I have shorter mufflers with rexxer flash and my bike goes a lot better! Does it have more HP?
I can't say for sure but it feels like it does plus my bike pulls a lot smoother from off idle all the way through the rev range like it should have from off the show room floor.
These bike run lean in closed loop and the bike feels flat in its power delivery below 4000 rpm but once flashed it pulls heaps better everywhere.

RaananC

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 03:22:24 AM »
I've owned 23 bikes over the years from 65cc to 1300cc and for me the little V7 has to be the best fun bike I've owned.
I just love ridding the thing more than any R1 or sports bike I've had.
OK its not that powerful but I can use all its power if I want without worrying about going to jail.
If you have aftermarket pipes get your bike flashed with a new map and feel the difference.
I have shorter mufflers with rexxer flash and my bike goes a lot better! Does it have more HP?
I can't say for sure but it feels like it does plus my bike pulls a lot smoother from off idle all the way through the rev range like it should have from off the show room floor.
These bike run lean in closed loop and the bike feels flat in its power delivery below 4000 rpm but once flashed it pulls heaps better everywhere.

Thanks for the info.

Best

Offline Muzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • On the backside of the planet.
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 04:13:31 AM »
Performance increases are seriously limited because of the Heron head design.
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline fossil

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 04:26:41 AM »
All those things Agro! observes also apply to my V7 Stone. What have I done? I have run it for 11000 kilometres now. Feels a lot stronger now.

In fact, the way the small Guzzi delivers its power is one main reason why this bike is so much fun. Of course a Monster 1200 feels stronger in a way that when I switched back to my bike I had to look whether there are still two cylinders attached. But when I rode a V-Strom 1000 (100 hp) for two days I wondered where the horsepowers were hidden. And no, it was not switched into the "rain" - mode.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 04:30:43 AM by fossil »
Greetings from Germany!
Thorsten

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:40 AM »
Geez Pete, this is new to the OP. A little patience man.

Sorry, haven't visited here over a year but I think if Guzzi were able to get about 45 hp from the V50 monza and 60 from the V65 lario they can surely get a bit more from the V7.

Those are crankshaft figures, yes? So the comparative number on the current V7 is 50 hp.

Sure the Lario made more, but with 4V heads no?

You can wish all day for the factory to do something, but that doesn't help.

Personally I find it fine as is, and prefer it to the 80 hp (crank) Duc it's parked next to, but I can understand that a little more power wouldn't hurt the fun factor.

Doesn't Guzzi Power have a kit?

And isn't Guzzitech talking about one?

But I suspect both would be a lot of work and money for not much more power.

Certainly a pipe and reflash has been shown to do very little to peak numbers.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 06:23:15 AM »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline kevdog3019

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 06:32:05 AM »
4-valve heads:

A few horses= $$$$$
Grin factor up top= priceless
'86 V65 "Super" Lario
'85 Honda Nighthawk 700s
'86 V65 Lario

AGRO!

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 06:32:24 AM »
http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=77200.0
Yes I've read this post and it doesn't make any sense that the rider didn't notice any difference between stock and flashed bike?
I've had two friends try my bike after flash and they said there was a definite improvement over stock.
One friend was gone so long I started to worry but he came back with a big grin and nodding his head yes! :thumb:

Offline sib

• Gaggle Hero
  • Location: Smallest state, 221 times smaller than Texas, often compared to the size of an oil slick, forest fire, or ice sheet
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 06:48:14 AM »
To get a bit more, say around 60 hp.
What, you want to go faster than 110 mph, which this bike will do with its stock engine?
Current: 2021 V7 Stone E5
Previous: 2016 V7II Stone
Previous: 2013 V7 Stone
Several decades ago: 1962? Honda CB77 Super Hawk

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 07:19:21 AM »
No problem. All you have to do is find you a drone engine and stick it in there..  :smiley:  :boozing:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

RaananC

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 07:21:04 AM »
No problem. All you have to do is find you a drone engine and stick it in there..  :smiley:  :boozing:

That's not a problem at all, this I actually can do.  :bow:

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 07:23:29 AM »
Yes I've read this post and it doesn't make any sense that the rider didn't notice any difference between stock and flashed bike?
I've had two friends try my bike after flash and they said there was a definite improvement over stock.
One friend was gone so long I started to worry but he came back with a big grin and nodding his head yes! :thumb:

I dunno, personally I'm off the opinion that many people who spend money on "upgrades" often have optimistic butt dynos.

And unless your buddies rode your bike extensively back-to-back before and after the reflash, I would expect their butt dynos to be even more inaccurate.

Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

AGRO!

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
I dunno, personally I'm off the opinion that many people who spend money on "upgrades" often have optimistic butt dynos.

And unless your buddies rode your bike extensively back-to-back before and after the reflash, I would expect their butt dynos to be even more inaccurate.
They both ride stock V7s..

Vasco DG

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:20 AM »
I don't doubt for a moment that the MUIG3 can be made to work better than it does from the factory. Experience has told us that once you have the ability and understanding of the adjustable protocols in the management system great things can be done.

The bottom line though is you won't get much, if any, more power. To think you can is an excercise in idiocy and I refuse to resile from my position that if you want to make anything other than fantastical claims or aspirations in the public domain you need to be able to back them up with empirical evidence.

Wanting a bike that 'Looks like a V7 but has more power' is an absurd proposition. Nobody is looking at the vehicle holistically. At the end of the day the current bikes are the final itteration of a design virtually unchanged in its basics since 1978. When you buy a V7 in 'Performance' terms you are buying a 1970's/80's motorbike whose performance was modest even back then.

Is this a bad thing? No! Not at all! But it is what it is and no amount of fantasy or wishing will change that.

If you like that? Fine, I do too, (Although I prefer the more advanced nature of the Nuovo Big Blocks.) but the performance of the smallblock engine is limited, severely, by its architecture.

If it isn't what you want? For heavens sakes buy something else!

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
They both ride stock V7s..

Well that helps, but are all 3 the same year/model? How about state of tune/maintenance? How about number of miles?

I dunno, maybe a reflash can help with some power delivery in the low or midrange on these things, but dynos don't generally lie and there's not much to be had at peak.

And I still think butt dynos are notoriously inaccurate.
Current Fleet

13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

AGRO!

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
All i know is my bike goes better than before the flash.
I was more than happy with the stock bike but I wanted the nice sound of aftermarket pipes
and I was worried the bike was running lean so hence the rexxer flash.
Anyhow im not the one who wants 60HP 😂

Online Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2015, 08:09:00 AM »
That's not a problem at all, this I actually can do.  :bow:

You've found a source for the drone engines??
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline tonUPRacer

• Gaggle Mentor
    • My Racer FB page
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »
Hi All

Does anyone know of an engine kit to bump-up the new V7's power above the official 48 hp?

Thanks

The answer is YES there are kits as Kev mentioned one is from Guzzi Power.com the other is from Guzzi Tech. Inquire with those folks and I'm sure they can help. I have no idea what the end result is, since I don't think anyone here has installed one and if they have they aren't saying anything. So please buy one and tell us about it :thumb:
2013 V7 Racer #393
2001 Ducati 900SS (sold)
1999 Ducati 900M (sold)
1979 HD XLS Sportster (sold)

Offline Wisconsinv7racer

• New Egg
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2015, 09:20:09 AM »
I have the bike which was referred to in this post from the other thread.  I believe the reflash and my 2 into 1 pipes from guzzi tech were well worth the money.  I did not do it for more power I didn't like the look or sound before.  I switched back to the longer pipe and it does run better since it was reflashed for the longer one.  It pulls very hard and runs awesome.  The only other thing would be the 4 valve upgrade but I will not be doing that.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here