Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I wear a POWER TRIP mesh with armor all summer or temps 80 and up. The humidity is not an issue for me.

I reluctantly bought one of these from Amazon, although they're not available there at the moment, but they are on eBay. Great reviews. Figured the worse thing that could happen is I had to return it. After receiving it and using it now for 2 years, I agree with the reviews. This thing is fantastic and well worth the little money.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305275358074?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&var=604239210211

General Discussion / Could be a return to fold moment ahead
« Last post by OkJohn on Today at 07:22:29 PM »
I've not posted in forever...
That said - I Recovered enough (I had some serious issues 3+ years ago) so a coupla a years ago I bought  a scooter. After some time - my legs wanted be active on a bike so I lusted mightily for the MG V7 850, but they seemed terribly overpriced so ended up with a Kaw Z400. Fabulous lil bike. For a li guy like me, a great fit, and I've put 10k + miles on it.
Now popped up locally a 2022 v7 Stone with a more reasonable price and the dealer has a nice offer on my bike as trade.
One major flaw  is my research and knowledge on this particular model is not what it ought to be.  Plus, it's yellow.
hahahhahaa
So I've been trying to catch up here and figured maybe a post about the whole deal might prove valuable.
So glad to see so many from 'my past" still here.
Addendum : I've owned several Guzzi's  previously.
Thank you again Charlie , and yes losing the threaded connection was the main issue but it seems like there may be a fair chance  they can be made to fit with out too many tears or otherwise I would  have had to  adapt the bolt on flanges to the loop pipes .

That's actually easier than you might think. Cut the piece off that extends past the flange, the Eldo header nut can be machined down and used as a spacer to hold the pipe centered. I can post photos if necessary.
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 06:57:05 PM »
I wear a POWER TRIP mesh with armor all summer or temps 80 and up. The humidity is not an issue for me.
« Last post by EldoEVert on Today at 06:34:43 PM »
  South Central PA here. I have a couple of First Gear mesh jackets. My silver one is the best on hot days. I was on my way to the Ohio Rally several years ago and was wearing my red one. It was hot and the armor was really bothering me. I stopped at a rest area and removed the padding. Not having enough room to pack it, I put it in the dumpster. I did have an extra set back home.
  My main concern was the name "First Gear." I was happy to find that it worked in all five gears on the EV. It did seem to work better on my shift less Convert.
General Discussion / Re: different header pipes on loopframe
« Last post by ray bear on Today at 05:28:18 PM »
Thank you again Charlie , and yes losing the threaded connection was the main issue but it seems like there may be a fair chance  they can be made to fit with out too many tears or otherwise I would  have had to  adapt the bolt on flanges to the loop pipes .
« Last post by LowRyter on Today at 04:44:54 PM »
When I tumbled on the EV, my Joe Rocket jacket split above the left elbow pad.  It took the skin off and I still 1 x 3 in scar.

I picked up a mesh jacket at Cycle Gear Sedici that's lightweight and comfy as replacement. 

Recently my Brother have me Klim mesh jacket he purchased from Motorcyclegear for a good price.  He gave it to me because his phone was too large for his pocket and he uses Blutooth Comm system.  My phone fits.   It's substantially heavier that other jackets but it seems to have good airflow.

« Last post by slopokes on Today at 04:44:16 PM »
Try a motocross vest with all the padding—works for me in the garden state when it is over ninety…
« Last post by tommy2cyl on Today at 02:41:29 PM »
I wear an old Tourmaster black mesh jacket and it works well for me.  If it gets cold I use long sleeve underneath with a rain jacket on top and it is
surprising how well it will keep you warm. Of course with mesh jackets you wick away moisture and dehydrate quicker so you have to
be conscious of taking in more water.  Everything is a trade.   
General Discussion / Re: Bad Idea? Norge Sportifed
« Last post by Mayor_of_BBQ on Today at 02:17:48 PM »
there was a member here who did just what you are proposing. His bike was silver, perhaps the very same bike in your 2nd pic
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here