Author Topic: First ride on the 12S in a few weeks  (Read 746 times)

Offline ohiorider

• Gaggle Hero
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
First ride on the 12S in a few weeks
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:12:57 PM »
I wish this old gal was 100 pounds lighter, or carried her weight lower.  My 2008 1200 Sport is still one sweet running bike, even though she's turned over 65,000 miles.  Of course, completely filling the gas tank doesn't help, either!

I'm always torn between keeping the old gal or selling.  But when I had the bike listed on WG for approx $3600.00, there was zero interest.  So at that time. I decided to hang onto the bike.

My biggest bitch lately is the fact that the Pilot Road 4 tires give me very little feedback.  I really liked how the PR3 tires worked, but for some reason, the PR4 feel like the bike has overpowered power steering.  Don't like the feel of them.  Funny thing .... I stopped off at the independent bike shop where I buy my tires, and was told that Michelin is coming out with the PR5 (so soon after the intro of the PR4??)  Their promo basically stated that the new tire gave better feedback than the PR4.  Hmmmm?

Aside from the tire issue, the 12S runs as nicely as ever. This has been one fine motorcycle!

CARC Forever!

Bob
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:40:12 PM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here