Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: My neighbor is one of those...
« Last post by Kiwi_Roy on Today at 02:41:30 PM »
There is a Vincent Rapide sitting in a garage here in Muskogee . Not moved in some 45 years , just wasting away forlornly covered with an old blanket . For several years the owner would stop wherever I was working and discuss the idea of a restoration , the first couple of times I thought he might be serious , so advised him who was capable of doing the work . We had a couple of guys who had moved to town in the 1970's to restore bikes for the Leake museum/collection . Had a conversation with those guys re the cost , seem to remember a figure of $15K for a turnkey resto (this was in the late 80's) , and relayed the info . The owner seemed enthused , and then did nothing. Finally decided he was never gonna do anything with the Vinnie , except stop me and talk about it .

Dusty
Offer to restore it and split any profit down the middle when you sell it.
A win win
General Discussion / Re: Speed odometer needed
« Last post by Ncdan on Today at 02:41:16 PM »
I repair speedometers and agree with the statements that the speed function has nothing to do with gears. Rotate the rear wheel (neutral is fine) and see if the cable spins at the speedo end. I've found that the cables in my Guzzis don't have an inch to spare in length, and if not routed in the most direct fashion, will have problems.

Of course, something could have happened to the speedo function of your gauge, but don't assume right off without checking, that that's the case.
Thanks Wire for attempting to help. Im a little confused with the account that there are no gears involved as Im fairly confident thats not likely accurate. My odometer is mechanical and I feel sure there are gears that control the odometer and trip meter.
If this helps let me describe the failure events. The odometer and trip meter stopped abruptly and the speedometer kept working. Several miles later the speedometer also stopped functioning. I removed the locking collar on the back of the can and the cable was well inside the odometer, well lubed and using pliers I couldnt remove any part of a broken cable. Does this not assure the problem is a stripped gear inside the can?
General Discussion / Re: Where are all the girls?
« Last post by sidecarnutz on Today at 02:37:54 PM »
I started riding Guzzi's when I was 30 and the local Guzzi guys would refer to me as the "kid". Now I'm pushing 60 and get this urge to argue over different shades of blue!  :evil: And most of those older guys have [passed now. I miss them.
General Discussion / Re: Where are all the girls?
« Last post by JohninVT on Today at 02:29:48 PM »
Where are the girls? 

Maybe they're out riding instead of spending their time on Wildguzzi discussing the merits of steel cut oats or having prostates irradiated. 
General Discussion / Re: V7 III FUELING
« Last post by beetle on Today at 02:26:06 PM »
Certainly an option as I used his map on my Griso with great results. The question is if there's an update to the GuzziDiag software for the V7 III...

GuzziDiag works on the III. Same reader & writer as the II, et al.
:1: This is really cool and I want to see how this project turns out! 
General Discussion / Re: Mousetrap!
« Last post by Muzz on Today at 01:59:33 PM »
In my last job I had before retirement was cleaning heat pumps. Old lady had a floormount Daikin; took the covers off the inside unit and there were two fried mice in there. They usually get in around the gas pipes and it's nice and warm. Then, they start turning the polystyrene insulation in to little chips but sooner or later they hit an ht lead and, pastafazzoola! They do get in anywhere. I have seen one go in through a mouse proof grill before! :huh:

She did say there was a strange odour in the house for a bit...... :rolleyes:
General Discussion / Sport 1100 + 1100i actual weights
« Last post by Kristian on Today at 01:52:01 PM »
Lads,

I've collected a pile of English and German-language Sport 1100 reviews, and thought the following wet weights (actual measurements) might be interesting:

Sport 1100:  505 Lbs. (229.5 Kg.)
Sport 1100i: 538 Lbs. (244.5 Kg.)

Best,

Kristian
Seattle
General Discussion / Re: My neighbor is one of those...
« Last post by oldbike54 on Today at 01:50:09 PM »
 There is a Vincent Rapide sitting in a garage here in Muskogee . Not moved in some 45 years , just wasting away forlornly covered with an old blanket . For several years the owner would stop wherever I was working and discuss the idea of a restoration , the first couple of times I thought he might be serious , so advised him who was capable of doing the work . We had a couple of guys who had moved to town in the 1970's to restore bikes for the Leake museum/collection . Had a conversation with those guys re the cost , seem to remember a figure of $15K for a turnkey resto (this was in the late 80's) , and relayed the info . The owner seemed enthused , and then did nothing. Finally decided he was never gonna do anything with the Vinnie , except stop me and talk about it .

Dusty
General Discussion / Re: SP fairing lowers on CL
« Last post by gliderjohn on Today at 01:44:26 PM »
The lowers will not fit floorboard models.
GliderJohn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here