Author Topic: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble official WG merged threadfest  (Read 30702 times)

Bonaventure

Re: Texas Turnip Takes a Tumble
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 03:48:38 PM »
Haven't met ya yet Tex , but hope ya have a COMPLETE Recovery , and he truck-driver's insurance get's ya the bike of your Dreams !

Hope to meet ya at one of the 2018 Rally's

Not a huge fan of all the litigation in this country, but there are times when you need an attorney.  This is one of those times. 

I'd retain a personal injury attorney to ensure that the at-fault driver's auto insurance covers everything adequately.  I wasn't busted up as bad as what it sounds Tex is, and my bills from earlier this year totaled about $ 250,000. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:49:57 PM by Bonaventure »

Offline Arizona Wayne

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
Ken's 1 tough dude, so I hope he survives this detour of life.  I also hope someone knows who the truck driver is and that he has good insurance to compensate Ken for what he's going thru.  The bike's toast.

Judy and I had a truck driver turn left right in front of us in `01 by Lake Tahoe and I had to lay our `80 Convert. w/trailer down to avoid hitting his right front tire/fender.  Judy got her left arm scraped and I went unconscious.  Luckily it was at slow speed and both truck driver and I had Geico Ins., so there was no hassle on settling with them.  But if Judy hadn't been a witness to why what happened,  the truck driver may have gotten off as the causer of the incident.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:28:53 PM by Arizona Wayne »

Offline Shorty

• Gaggle Hero
  • "I'd rather lube a chain than crab a frame."
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:35 PM »
How bout a Turnip update?   
2017 Suzuki DR650
2021 Royal Enfield Meteor 350

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »
How bout a Turnip update?

Sorry I've been silent today. I don't do Internet on my little flip phone.  Ken's daughter was here a lot today, so I did some running around for a couple of hours.  His other daughter brought us a tablet so I can keep people updated.

Not much to report today.  Mostly  resting/dozing. PT sat him up on the side of the bed and had  him do some leg exercises. Ken had us laughing because of his drugs.

Will have surgery on his left arm tomorrow around noon.

I took pictures of the bike. If it's possible and if I can figure it out, I might be able to upload to this tablet, but don't hold your breath.

He's been giving me instructions about his yummy rally dessert breads.

See everyone soon!

Beaver
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 06:43:14 PM »

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 09:05:27 PM »
Well... the good news is his brain appears to be as dysfunctional as usual so that's good news. :thumb: :grin:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »
Well... the good news is his brain appears to be as dysfunctional as usual so that's good news. :thumb: :grin:
GliderJohn

Yep, that's right, John.

Dusty, ken got really excited earlier. Someone brought his food tray in earlier, just slipped in and out quietly. Ken opened his eyes briefly just as the guy stepped out the door and said,"Was that Dusty?" He was disappointed when I told him no.  :sad:
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

oldbike54

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »
Yep, that's right, John.

Dusty, ken got really excited earlier. Someone brought his food tray in earlier, just slipped in and out quietly. Ken opened his eyes briefly just as the guy stepped out the door and said,"Was that Dusty?" He was disappointed when I told him no.  :sad:

Like for reals ? :laugh: Damn , poor guy  :grin:

I won't be down for the GRIT , but surely in another month I will be able to eat something more solid than a banana , depending on how Ken is doing I can come down and make him some hush puppies .

Dusty
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:52:00 PM by oldbike54 »

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »
Yep, that's right, John.

Awwww.  That's sweet.

Check PM again, Beaver, please.

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 11:47:09 PM »
Like for reals ? :laugh: ... surely in another month I will be able to eat something more solid than a banana , depending on how Ken is doing I can come down and make him some hush puppies .

Dusty

Yes for reals.  Funny thing was that the guy was a pretty large young African American guy!   :grin:
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

oldbike54

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2017, 12:08:37 AM »

Yes for reals.  Funny thing was that the guy was a pretty large young African American guy!   :grin:

Just exactly what kind of drugs is Ken on ? :shocked: Show the nice young African American fella a picture of me and tell him the story , he should get a good laugh  :laugh: Or be horribly insulted, maybe that isn't a good idea after all .

Dusty

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:15 AM »
Just exactly what kind of drugs is Ken on ? :shocked: Show the nice young African American fella a picture of me and tell him the story , he should get a good laugh  :laugh: Or be horribly insulted, maybe that isn't a good idea after all .

Dusty

Morphine in IV and Norco(?) pills.  He's not wearing his glasses and the lights were dimmed so he could sleep and he just woke up as the guy was leaving.  He must have been dreaming about you because he always wakes up still talking from his dream.  Apparently he dreams about Chinese food a lot too!   :laugh:

Scheduled for surgery on left arm at noon, they'll come get him at 10 or 10:30.

I have on my Beavers Rule t-shirt for him today so he won't forget and will follow my orders!   :laugh:  :evil:

Headin' out in a minute.

Later,

Georganne
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Online pehayes

• Gaggle Hero
    • Falcone Touring
« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:47 AM »
Oh, man, serious flashback.  So far, the progress sounds like all good news after a bad event.  Almost everything about his accident and his multiple injuries are directly parallel to my brother's crash two years ago.  Head on with left turning pickup on old Route-66 in Arizona.  Totaled the moto and the Toyota truck but Vin's doing fine in the end.  Multiple surgeries and physical therapy.  Bits of reconstruction metal and cadaver tendons in him.  The drugs were really wonderful at pain control.  Lots of funny stories at the hospital that he does not remember.  The only bad part was hard emotional times taking more than a year to shake those powerful opioids away.  The good news update is that I am in Arkansas today to participate in a multi-day golf tournament with Vin.  So, given the crash parallels, the future looks good for Ken as well.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

oldbike54

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Morphine in IV and Norco(?) pills.  He's not wearing his glasses and the lights were dimmed so he could sleep and he just woke up as the guy was leaving.  He must have been dreaming about you because he always wakes up still talking from his dream.  Apparently he dreams about Chinese food a lot too!   :laugh:

Scheduled for surgery on left arm at noon, they'll come get him at 10 or 10:30.

I have on my Beavers Rule t-shirt for him today so he won't forget and will follow my orders!   :laugh:  :evil:

The boy ain't quite right  :laugh:

Oh , we should all probably just follow your orders Beav , keep us out of trouble .

Dusty

Headin' out in a minute.

Later,

Georganne

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
https://www.russbrown.com/
I met Russ Brown in the early '80s at a motorcycle show in Dallas that I went to with Ken. I have used his services and have had favorable experiences with him so if I may suggest giving them a call. If there is any money in insurance or assets they will find it for you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:02:38 AM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2017, 04:16:57 PM »
https://www.russbrown.com/
I met Russ Brown in the early '80s at a motorcycle show in Dallas that I went to with Ken. I have used his services and have had favorable experiences with him so if I may suggest giving them a call. If there is any money in insurance or assets they will find it for you.

Thank you John. Will give them a call.
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline SmithSwede

• Gaggle Hero
  • I don't want a pickle
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
Beaver:

If you or Tex wind up needing legal assistance, please let me know.   I'd be happy to help you find somebody good.

Accentuate the positive;
Eliminate the negative;
Latch on to the affirmative;
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Offline Beaver

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »
Beaver:

If you or Tex wind up needing legal assistance, please let me know.   I'd be happy to help you find somebody good.

I know this really good attorney, but I don't know if he does motorcycle crash cases,  :wink:
MGNOC TX Rep
Lindale, TX

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 05:59:42 PM »
I know this really good attorney, but I don't know if he does motorcycle crash cases,  :wink:

Ummm . . .Beav . . . Although he can present a very convincing case to pay up, Slicer isn't actually licensed to practice law.  I checked.  :wink: According to unnamed sources that I just made up, he doesn't even have a valid driving license, and all he's supposed to be collecting (according to the judge's order) is belly button lint.  Have you seen his collection?

Offline stevet

• Gaggle Hero
  • What would Mr. Happy Puppet do?
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2017, 06:08:40 AM »
Hopes for a speedy and full recovery, Ken.

Steve.
Steve T.
Twin Cities, MN
Sophia, '16 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
Feejer, '10 Yamaha FJR
"Il Viaggiatore", The Traveler. A.K.A. Via. 2017 FIAT 124 Spider Classica

"What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours determines what we are."
-George Eastman.

oldbike54

« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2017, 08:11:03 AM »
 Spoke with Beaver , Ken was out of his last surgery , waking up . Apparently Dave Munnerlyn had asked Her to give Ken a kiss from him , so in the spirit of , well something , she asked if I would like her to give him one from me , considering the dream thing and all . Well of course , why not , give him a kiss from me also . So we have decided , for a small , er , donation of $49.99 Georganne will give Ken a special kiss from anyone who wishes .  :shocked: :rolleyes:

Dusty

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 03:13:38 PM »
I'll pay twice that to send him a kiss from Hillary.   :evil:

Dusty -- how come your phone works for the wimmins, but not for the rest of us?

Offline John Ulrich

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »
I'll pay twice that to send him a kiss from Hillary.   :evil:

That would make Ken check himself out of the hospital !!!

Eagan, MN & Scottsdale, AZ
MN MGNOC Rep  L#800

Offline JeffOlson

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2017, 05:53:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.
2018 Vespa GTS 300
2016 Moto Guzzi Norge
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
2015 Vespa GTS 300

Offline steveford

• Gaggle Hero
  • 2014 California Touring!!! I love this BIKE!!!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
Sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery Ken.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Keeping the Guzzi Passion Alive
Steve Ford
Vancouver Wa.

100,000+ mile 2001 EV http://wildguzzi.com/Rallies/Photos/AZ/1.jpg
77,000+mile 2014 1400 Touring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ClnTFjmDyPMS2RBB3

Offline dcardo021

• Gosling
    • moto guzzi
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2017, 06:57:44 AM »
Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Offline HDGoose

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2017, 07:50:37 AM »
So, how's the truck! The Texas Turnip is such a small fella!

Offline John in PA

• Gaggle Hero
  • ML & me
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
Late to the party as usual...

I'd like to add our prayers and well wishes for Ken's speedy and uneventful recovery.  Best wishes from Central PA!
John Wells
Hollidaysburg, PA
Buncha Guzzi's

Offline azguzzirep

• Gaggle Hero
  • Gratzi Carlo!
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2017, 11:11:26 AM »
What I don't understand is, how could the truck driver NOT  see Ken if he was wearing one of his typical shirts!!😁😁

Once, at the Arizona rally, I asked him if he would be so kind as too turn down the volume of his shirt😂😂!

Just a little bit loud 😁😂😁😂😀!!

Get well soon, amigo!!👍👍

P.s. Ken, I hope your moustache survived intact!! 😂😂!! 💙💚💛

Murphy's  Law sucks!

Offline Mr Pootle

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2017, 04:14:17 AM »
Get back on the bike soon, Tex. And make sure that you help a lawyer pay his bar bill.

Offline mojoe

• New Egg
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
Now if it was a Kiss from Sophia Loren I would even donate my Breva 1100 and the grandkids & wife possibly my Parker guitar!!!!!
2005 Breva 1100-GRP end Can

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here