Author Topic: Scura at Vegas dealer  (Read 4799 times)

Offline bettythebear

• Gaggle Mentor
2011 MG v7 Classic
2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Offline PJPR01

• Gaggle Hero
  • Norge, Scura, Griso
Re: Scura at Vegas dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »
IT...this might be interesting for you vs. the Griso...
Paul R
2021 Honda Goldwing Bagger Manual Cement Gray
2015 Red/Black Griso
2008 Silver Norge
2002 V11 Scura

Offline ITSec

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 11:48:36 AM »
IT...this might be interesting for you vs. the Griso...

I don't do business with this dealer since they were sold.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
Beautiful, buyer beware the single plate clutch..

MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »

Offline bettythebear

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »

I don't think I'll ever do business with them again because of some communication standards that consistently weren't met, but after doing the math on a new full priced model at my local dealer recently, I really did save a full $6k on a brand new bike, including the shipping cost.
2011 MG v7 Classic
2020 Husqvarna Vitpilen 401

Offline Travlr

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
Nice looking bike.  It's not original, but at $5K it's a good buy.

Mike
1991 Moto Guzzi LeMans 5
1977 BMW R100S

bpreynolds

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
Nice looking bike.  It's not original, but at $5K it's a good buy.

Mike

Reviving this thread here as I notice that lovely looking Scura still hasn�t apparently sold.  This dealer is always advertising lower prices than they actually deliver out the door but that�s mainly on their new bikes.  Anyways.  Of all the Guzzis I�ve owned and loved, never had a spine frame and, as such, am a bit unfamiliar with them.  What�s not original on this one? 

That single plate clutch is almost enough to back me off it - had the single plate on my first Guzzi (Touring California Stone) go at only like 1400 miles or something.  Back then Guzzi covered the whole cost of repair but that was on a bike just out of warranty.  But oh well. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:21:28 AM by bpreynolds »

Offline blackcat

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
What�s not original on this one? 

The only thing that I can see that isn't original is the license plate bracket,etc.  Looks like there is or was some paint peeling on the engine but that is typical, and if it were me, and I had to change the flywheel I'd have the engine/tranny soda blasted and call it a day. I'd ask if they had proof of the changing of the flywheel. The Ti pipes are slightly dented, but just sneezing on those things can cause a dent. Keep in mind that the Ohlins are not cheap to service but if the bike has been kept on a center stand with that low mileage it shouldn't need servicing.  If it could be purchased for $4,500 and you had to put a $1,000 bucks in the bike it is still a deal IMO.
1968 Norton Fastback
1976 Lemans
1981 CX-100
1993 1000S
1997 Daytona RS
2007 Red Norge

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
It looks pretty darned original to me. The pork chops aren't the right color.. they should be the same color as AN fittings. That *might* just be a color that is hard to take a picture of, but they "look" like they've been repainted, for whatever reason. It's easy to work the dents out of the cans, and there is no better sounding exhaust on a V11S IMHO. It's not a terrible job to replace the clutch, and Ram has a new single plate for somewhere around $600.
Fun fun.  :smiley:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
22 Royal Enfield Classic 3 fiddy
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
 Curious as to the mods by the previous owner, non stock turn signals, rear splash guard gone,  no Scura logo on the rear cowl. Possible repaint . Little things I know but could be a negotiating chip.

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 10:26:23 AM »
Curious as to the mods by the previous owner, non stock turn signals, rear splash guard gone,  no Scura logo on the rear cowl. Possible repaint . Little things I know but could be a negotiating chip.

Paul B :boozing:

Yeah, the paint does look more shiny.. but that "might" be a photo thing, too. It would be obvious in person, so if someone wants to send me to Vegas for a couple of days, I'll be happy to look at it for you.  :evil:  :smiley:

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
 "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
Albert Einstein

Offline dsrdave

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 11:20:51 AM »
I've seen the bike up close...  paint is correct an original.  The turn signals are all aftermarket.  The brake pedal is broke, and the right side muffler is damaged.  That damage is mostly on the inside of the muffler toward the front.  I was not able to  determine if the clutch/flywheel has been updated.  I was looking at a minimum of $1000-1500 I'm parts alone to bring the bike up to snuff. 
2-850T, 2-1000 convert/hacked, V11 sport, V50, centauro, '97 sport 1100, '71 V7 ambo, '76 850 Lemans,CX100,"83 LM III,1000SE, '91 LM V, '07 Griso, '53 super alce,moto parilla, zigolo, Lodola 175, Lodola 235,  '07 norge, '67 stornello, 57galletto, Nuovo Falcone, stornello ISDT, 52 Airone sport

Offline fotoguzzi

• Gaggle Hero
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 08:43:29 PM »
I don't think the mirrors are stock either.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

bpreynolds

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 06:08:12 AM »
I've seen the bike up close...  paint is correct an original.  The turn signals are all aftermarket.  The brake pedal is broke, and the right side muffler is damaged.  That damage is mostly on the inside of the muffler toward the front.  I was not able to  determine if the clutch/flywheel has been updated.  I was looking at a minimum of $1000-1500 I'm parts alone to bring the bike up to snuff.

Cool to actually have someone on here who has seen the literal bike in person.  About that brake pedal, I can’t tell in the one side picture much about it.  Whatcha mean by broke?  It looks intact in the picture? 

Also, for anyone on here, what is the story on that clutch?  Back in the day, like with my Touring Cali Stone, it was more a question of when and not if it was gonna go.  Same with the Scura, I assume?

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »
Same with the Scura, I assume?
Yep. The "fix" has been to replace with a dual plate clutch, although Ram has a new single plater. Scud recently went that way for considerably less money.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

Offline swooshdave

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:00:23 AM »
It looks pretty darned original to me. The pork chops aren't the right color.. they should be the same color as AN fittings. That *might* just be a color that is hard to take a picture of, but they "look" like they've been repainted, for whatever reason. It's easy to work the dents out of the cans, and there is no better sounding exhaust on a V11S IMHO. It's not a terrible job to replace the clutch, and Ram has a new single plate for somewhere around $600.
Fun fun.  :smiley:

Red is really hard to photograph.
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Bonaventure

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »
I don't think I'll ever do business with them again because of some communication standards that consistently weren't met, but after doing the math on a new full priced model at my local dealer recently, I really did save a full $6k on a brand new bike, including the shipping cost.

The PDI, if they did one, left a bit to be desired on my Stelvio.   They do slash some prices though.  They have a new V9 Bobber on Black-Friday-Only special for $5995.  Goes up to $6995 until Nov 30th after midnight.  That's pretty crazy.

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 05:40:25 PM »
Brake pedal is broken, taillight and mudgard are gone because of a tailtidy. Mirrors. Tail is wrong color should be grey.

This was my Scura. Stock:

Bought it with an exploded clutch. In picture with new engine and clutch paid by guzzi at that time. change clutch is not a big deal. look at the pictures to get engine easy out
More pictures: http://fastguzzi.nl/gallery/main.php/v/Myv11Scura/

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:45:05 PM by pauldaytona »
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 05:48:57 PM »
The knowledge you blokes have still astounds me.
I'd have just barged in and said "yeah righto, please take my money"..
No wonder I get burned sometimes...

Offline Chuck in Indiana

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »

Man, I love Scuras.. great picture, Paul.

87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
Albert Einstein

bpreynolds

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 06:03:59 PM »

For damn sure.  :1:

And yeah, Paul.  That is a stunning motorcycle. 

They have a new V9 Bobber on Black-Friday-Only special for $5995.  Goes up to $6995 until Nov 30th after midnight.  That's pretty crazy.

Sorry, I do not believe it.  Every single time I have followed up with them about one of their new bikes at a price that seems too good to be true; it always is as their out the door price winds up being as much or more than a good local dealer.  Right in their ads they state special prices do not include freight, dealer prep, etc. and it is always been the case those get tacked on whenever I have asked them to produce an otd price on one of their discounted deals.  Maybe others have a different experience, then all good.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 06:11:00 PM by bpreynolds »

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »
I'm sure I've strolled in and bought a bucket of pus on occasions and gotten away with it through sheer ignorance..

Offline swooshdave

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 10:26:07 AM »

We've all done that. We're just reminding you that it sometimes stings.  :rolleyes:
--
2001 V11 Sport
1972 Norton Production Racer Replica
1973 Norton Commando Interstate

Offline dxhall

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »
How long had this dealer had the bike for sale?  I wonder if this would be a good time for a low ball offer.

bpreynolds

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 07:59:23 PM »
How long had this dealer had the bike for sale?  I wonder if this would be a good time for a low ball offer.

Not sure how long but they�ve had it a good while now.  Recently, about a month ago in fact - before I purchased a �17 KTM 390 Duke - I made them an offer of $3800 on the bike.  It was a weird experience.  I made the offer and a salesman and I kept crossing wires where he never really said no and never really said what they would take for it.  Eventually the odd communication started giving me that little spidey sense that I should leave it alone.  But then I went to the page the other day and there the bike still is so I figured I�d revive this thread and ask some questions.  Glad I did as the sales guy is probably fine but he never once mentioned the broken brake pedal nor anything about the bike really.  Anyways, glad I asked here as I was clueless about the Scura mostly.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:01:23 PM by bpreynolds »

Offline SportsterDoc

• Gosling
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 12:03:04 AM »

The original owners, Mark and Brad were good guys.
The new owner, Chris, is not.

He buys tons of bikes at auction, which jambs the service department and likely delays warranty work.
This was a major factor in selling my V7 II at 7 months/7,000 miles.

I understand he also owns the BMW dealership, where a R1200R was previously considered and why I ended up with a new 2014 Honda CB1100E.   I do miss MG shaft drive and the V7 II 5.8 gallon tank.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:11:04 AM by SportsterDoc »
23 V7-850 23 Yam XT250 18 Yam Bolt  22 Triumph St Twin  20 CanAm Ryker 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yam XT250 16 MG V7II 17 Yam TW200 12 Triumph Bonnie 02 Sportster 1200S 03 Sportster XLH883 76 Honda 750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yam CT1 72 Yam CT2 72 Yam AT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda C11

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here