Author Topic: V7II ABS  (Read 1093 times)

Offline organfixsing

• Hatchling
V7II ABS
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:18:56 AM »
Has anybody noticed that the V7II ABS unit has a fuse directly from the battery, i.e. it is not switched off with the ignition like the rest of the bike. I have checked this and found it to be true. I have no problem with this as I ride my bike regularly, perhaps every second or third day, but it is intriguing that the factory would design this?
Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Brian  :azn:
If you remove the wings of a fly, does that make it a walk?

Online Kev m

• Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: V7II ABS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:26:29 AM »
Has anybody noticed that the V7II ABS unit has a fuse directly from the battery, i.e. it is not switched off with the ignition like the rest of the bike. I have checked this and found it to be true. I have no problem with this as I ride my bike regularly, perhaps every second or third day, but it is intriguing that the factory would design this?
Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
Cheers
Brian  :azn:

Does that mean it is always powered up, or is there some sort of ignition/ECM controlled GROUND that is provided to power up the module?
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline mechanicsavant

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:10:57 AM »
I haven,t checked voltage draw on my 16 V7ii (not needed yet) . It has sit for weeks w/o use & fired right up. So Kev M is probably on to something there. My favorite ABS quirk is when started on the ctr. stand , fluid drag allowed rear wheel to turn,slowly . This seems to confuse the computer and cause low or erattic idle, it also throws a minor ABS code. Not enough to trip the light but my local shop says they see it!

Offline organfixsing

• Hatchling
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »
In the pinout for the ABS module, Pin 4 is listed as "+ Key". This pin is wired to Fuse C which is supplied 12V from the operated keyswitch, so I guess you must be right Kev. Savant has said that his bike sits for weeks and still starts without a problem suggesting that there is no current being drawn, or at least insignificant current draw.
 I will measure the current draw out of curiosity.

By the way savant, what centre stand do you have and what do you think of it?

Will post again soon.

Cheers
Brian   :grin:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »

Offline organfixsing

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 12:13:06 AM »
Measured the current draw through the 20A fuse.
                                                                           Ignition off = 0 Amps
                                                                           Ignition on  = 250 mA or 1/4 Amp
So it seems that the ABS unit is switched on internally by ignition switched 12V at pin 4 ("+ Key') as Kev suggested.

Cheers
Brian :bow:

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here