Author Topic: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !  (Read 1085678 times)

Lcarlson

Re: Introductions thread...Introduce yourself to the group !
« Reply #1740 on: June 30, 2015, 03:56:25 PM »
Hello to the group.  I'm a retired lawyer and longtime New Yorker now living in Connecticut.  I've had quite a few bikes over quite a few years, but have never owned a Guzzi until now.  I recently traded a BMW K1200 GT and a Ducati Diavel for my new Cali.  I was inspired by a week-long tour in southern/central Utah earlier this month on a rented Road King, which reminded me why I enjoy cruiser styled motorcycles. I had admired the Cali 1400s since they first came out, but at about that time my local MG dealer closed his shop. While on the Utah trip I googled MG dealers and discovered that there was now a new one FIVE MILES AWAY! Well, the stars were obviously aligned, so after a test ride, I pulled the trigger, and am now enjoying my new ride immensely.

Swaler

« Reply #1741 on: June 30, 2015, 06:17:44 PM »
Greetings one and all. My name is Bill...just traded in my Ducati 749 and Suzuki V strom for a Stelvio...kind of a combining of the touring and the Italian spice...I live in Ontario and am currently working as  an aerospace physician for our Federal Government. I have no doubt I will have lots of silly questions as I climb my learning cliff. Bill

Offline El Pescador

• New Egg
« Reply #1742 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:35 AM »
Hello,

Jack McKown. I currently don't have a Guzzi, but my wife really wants one. I'm hoping to learn more about them.
I'm an Electrical Engineer and I live in Houston.

A year and some change later I have these two wonderful bikes in the garage.  The V7 is my wifes...

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:26:21 AM by El Pescador »
Fair winds and following seas

Offline hagaik

• New Egg
« Reply #1743 on: July 02, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
Hello everybody, and greetings from sunny Tel Aviv.
I'm the proud owner of a new V7II Stone. Been riding on and off (mainly off) for the last 25 years.
Just got the Guzzi last month, and still in the process of figuring out what I want to do with it...

Not many Guzzi's here in Israel - so this forum is a great resource for me - many thanks to the people here.
Hagai K.

π

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1743 on: July 02, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »

jacksonman

« Reply #1744 on: July 06, 2015, 12:02:41 PM »
Paul Jackson here, a 50 year old from suburban Minneapolis, MN.  I bought my first bike about 6-7 years ago.  That was a Yamaha VStar 650.  After realizing motorcycling is for me, I upgraded to a Yamaha Roadstar 1700 a year later.  Then 2-3 years later and about 15,000 miles later, I bought a 1998 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic.  After a year and realizing I liked the Harley better than the Roadstar, I sold the Roadstar and Harley and bought a 2011 Harley Ultra CVO last September.  This spring I thought a sport touring bike would be fun, and after a lot of reading decided on the Moto Guzzi Norge.  In June 2015, I made a deal with Dave from Moto International in Seattle and bought a 2008 black - near perfect condition.  My wife and I flew out to Seattle, Dave met us at SeaTac with the bike, and after a short orientation I was off.  He took my wife while I road the first dozen or so miles to the Moto Guzzi club brunch where we met a few Guzzi owners and had a nice brunch.  Then we embarked on our 2,350 mile journey home.  Highlights were Lolo, Beartooth, Bighorns, and the Black Hills.  I was amazed at how many people stopped to talk about the Guzzi.  We had a fantastic time and met lots of great people.  Now I have options.  Lots of crosswind on a relatively straight stretch or it's time to rumble along with a passenger - I'll take the Harley.  Solo along some twisty roads - Guzzi.  And for everything in between, it might be whatever is easiest to get out of my garage.

I don't see how to upload pictures  :gotpics:, but I'd like to!

Great forum, great community.

BrownieRK

« Reply #1745 on: July 10, 2015, 06:38:45 AM »
hi, my name is Russ, i live in Hastings, England and my ride is a very noisy 1986 V65 with aftermarket 'silencers'. it's my first Guzzi and i've owned it about a year. i was warned that Guzzis would get under yer skin, just like my Lambrettas which are my usual thing......and he was right. i love it's growl and thump. pictures to follow once i work out how to.  :tongue:

maximmsm

« Reply #1746 on: July 11, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
Hello, my name is Mark work for Toyota Manufacturing for the past 17 years.  Looking at getting my first motorcycle trying decide which one and type.

Grigio Motociclista

« Reply #1747 on: July 11, 2015, 05:47:53 PM »
New guy from NE Arkansas.  My name is Keith. I'm 50 & a Pharmacist, with way more Grigio hair than
I'd prefer, but also the color of my new bike.   (2016 V7 II Stone) So I thought the User Name was fitting.
Been riding for about 10 years, off & on.     Hope to learn a lot.

Offline jumpmaster

• Gosling
« Reply #1748 on: July 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
Hello, my name is Mark work for Toyota Manufacturing for the past 17 years.  Looking at getting my first motorcycle trying decide which one and type.

1.  Take a beginners motorcycle riders course - aside from getting you a discount on your insurance from many (most?) companies, it gives you some experience on a 250cc or so bike & the opportunity to ask LOTS of questions.

2.  If, after the course, you find that a 250cc bike is too small for you as a starter bike, I'd strongly recommend starting with no bigger than a 500-750cc bike, preferably used so you don't cry too much if you scratch or bang it up a bit.  That's big enough to be safe on highways and interstates, if you're a relatively normal sized person, & small & light enough to be forgiving of the inevitable boneheaded moves that beginning (and not so beginning) bikers make.  Since you're on this site, might I suggest looking at a MG V7?

3.  Ask 3 other people for their opinions on the above, & you'll most likely get 3 different opinions.  The bottom line is that it is cheaper & smarter to start relatively small, get some experience, & then trade up to what you REALLY want than it is to go straight to what you THINK you really want & then find out that it's not what you thought & have to take a big loss on getting rid of the bike you're not riding because it's just sitting in the garage/carport/etc. taking up space.
JC
90 Mille GT (sold), 73 Eldorado, 75 Norton Commando, 46 Whizzer, 13 Harley Road Glide

oldbike54

« Reply #1749 on: July 12, 2015, 10:43:59 AM »
New guy from NE Arkansas.  My name is Keith. I'm 50 & a Pharmacist, with way more Grigio hair than
I'd prefer, but also the color of my new bike.   (2016 V7 II Stone) So I thought the User Name was fitting.
Been riding for about 10 years, off & on.     Hope to learn a lot.

Blytheville ?

Dusty

Pipementor

« Reply #1750 on: July 12, 2015, 10:57:07 AM »
Hello Group
Thinking of owning a Motoguzzi in the future and just poking around the forum. Motorcycle rider off and on since a dirtbike riding teen. Currently own a modern Triumph 2007 Bonneville and a couple classic bikes. Live in WA State.

VeeRay56

« Reply #1751 on: July 14, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Vern Hall
Richmond, VA
Special Programs Administrator

Offline mojohand

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1752 on: July 14, 2015, 06:33:11 PM »
Vern Hall
Richmond, VA
Special Programs Administrator

Welcome, Vern! I'm in RVA as well (and a customer of Scoot as well). Glad to hook up.
Richmond, VA, USA
-----
2020 BMW R1250RS
-----
Previous: 2000 Jackal, 04 Breva 750, 06 Breva 1100, 07 Norge, 09 Griso, 12 Norge, 14 FJR, 14 Striple, 16 SpeedTriple, 18 KTM Super Adventure S

tapkoote

« Reply #1753 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Hello folks
I must say that was some fast action on the moderaters part.
I'm up in Seattle- what used to be 20 minutes from Daves shop.
Those were the good ol days.
Got a bit of a prob with the 2002 stone- will be lurking around
see if I can dig up the answer.--Pat

Z13

« Reply #1754 on: July 14, 2015, 11:46:59 PM »
Zach, 31, Mechanical engineer at Stanley Consultants in Iowa. 
2004 Breva 750 inherited/bought from wife's grandpa who convinced himself to quit riding at 88 ♡.
1 little boy on the way, named after grandpa... Miles. Due August 2015 (couple weeks from now).

I love this bike and guzzi is a good machine. But I'm 6'4" so it's like when I was a teen, racing BMX. .. i feel like a giraffe on most bikes.

Love to ride: ANY day where:
temperature is above 37F
winds are less than 15 mph
no torrential rain Forecast

Dream bikes:
Zero DS (electric) (why not)
BMW GS1200 ...or KLR650 ...so clearly I'm a kind of ADV guy...so I'd certainly enjoy a Stelvio.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:34:55 AM by Z13 »

Offline BAT 11

• New Egg
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late!
« Reply #1755 on: July 17, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »
BAT 11      Hello fellow members,   Finally registered today after lurking on WG for 18 months.   Own a 2011 Norge, very happy with it.  Makes me want to ride longer each time  I go out.  63 years young, previous bikes TY175, SR 500, BSA XB 31, gas gas 250 , Honda cx500, where I bitten by the V bug. Live in Adelaide Sth Australia.  I have to thank you all for the valuable tech info passed on in this site.   Looking forward to chatting.  Cheers Ian

cbilly22

« Reply #1756 on: July 18, 2015, 02:10:32 AM »
Greetings from England

Darren, 41, Toyota Parts Manager.

Offline Gunnar

• New Egg
« Reply #1757 on: July 19, 2015, 06:47:42 AM »
Thanks for the add.

Very recently got myself a MG V7 II Stone
Gunnar

2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II Stone
2017 KTM 1090 Adventure R

Grigio Motociclista

« Reply #1758 on: July 19, 2015, 10:34:20 AM »
Blytheville ?

Dusty

Hi Dusty,

Got side tracked for a few days.

I grew up in the Blytheville area but I've been in Pocahontas for the last 20 years.

Keith

Offline Oldrat

• New Egg
  • Brian
« Reply #1759 on: July 21, 2015, 11:54:46 PM »
Hiya, I'm Brian from Harrow, on the outskirts of London, England. Been browsing a few years so it's about time I pulled up a chair.

Proud owner of a slightly tatty but well running Le Mans 2.  It was original a black and gold scheme "Coburn and Hughes" bike, but has been rattled mostly black with silver wheels now.

Coburn and Hughes were an English MG dealer who bought up about 200 Mk2 bikes and had them painted as a dealer special edition in black and gold by Dream Machine in Birmingham.  The cool full page advert at the time had a picture of the bike with the banner "show your bank manager this". It runs brilliantly.

When I get time I'm aiming to restore it back to its complete black and gold livery.  The reason that I don't have any time is because I'm a tad busy working on my project, a T3 based cafe racer.

I'm still doing the dry build before anything gets painted, the parts are all bought and slowly being fitted. I've got a friendly engineer who makes things to my design and is very patient when I get something not quite right, such as the mounting holes for the front calliper adaptors. Doh!
You can buy similar, but not the right size for my set up.

Engine is now a nut and bolt rebuild with a double plugged 950 with ram clutch, and PHF36s
Short, hand made OSPipe stainless steel exhausts
320mm discs and Brembo callipers all,from a ducati 916
Original 35 mm fork tubes with Suzuki GSXR internals shoehorned inside by an outfit called MCT in Suffolk
Motogadget motoscope pro sunk into the headlamp nacelle
Motogadget wiring throughout
John Williams (The tank shop) Ally tank
Home made fibreglass seat. And covered by someone who knows what they are doing, not me!
Beautiful rear sets from Simon Barley of Barleycorn engineering.
And rounded off with those lovely polished wire wheels from the T3

To do,
Finish getting the chassis rolling
First fit of electrics to make sure there is no more welding to do
Powder coat the frame etc
Bits to plating and anodising shops
Headlamp and fork legs to paint shop
Put it all back together and ride ride ride.

Meanwhile I bimble about on my BMW R1200GSA twin cam. (You need to own one of these once in your life-awesome machines)
That's all for now

1976 'Zagato' Guzzi cafe racer
1978 Black & Gold, Coburn & Hughes Mk2 Le Mans
2001 Ducati 996R
2017 BMW R1200 GSA

Offline solarsea

• New Egg
« Reply #1760 on: July 24, 2015, 12:01:44 PM »
Hi Folks,
I just bought a new V7 II Stone, wanting a Guzzi since I first saw one :) I'm happy to find an active community for the bikes.

Thanks,
Stan

Woody72275

« Reply #1761 on: July 24, 2015, 04:05:42 PM »

Robert Wood  I'm 40

I work for Windstram phone company in Elkins Ar

Live in Gentry Ar

I love my MOTO GUZZI'S

Currently have a 1969 V700 2 1972 Eldo's A 1981 & 1985 G5 and my wonderful loving wife of 19 years just bought me a 1996 California.

madcap

« Reply #1762 on: July 24, 2015, 06:35:31 PM »
Hello Guzzi guys and gals,
I'm Jarl and live in Hagerstown MD.  I have a 1984 850 LeMans III and a 1981 V50 III.  I joined here today and have already gotten some helpful info, so thanks for the awesome resource.
I also have Morinis and a Parilla that I Land Speed Race at Maxton in the past, and Ohio Mile and Bonneville.  But now I am racing a 1976 Honda CB400F in AHRMA Roadracing.  Having a lot of fun.

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #1763 on: July 24, 2015, 11:16:20 PM »
Welcome Jarl!
Charlie

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1764 on: July 26, 2015, 05:11:22 PM »
Robert Wood  I'm 40

I work for Windstram phone company in Elkins Ar

Live in Gentry Ar

I love my MOTO GUZZI'S

Currently have a 1969 V700 2 1972 Eldo's A 1981 & 1985 G5 and my wonderful loving wife of 19 years just bought me a 1996 California.

Hello Woody. I'm assuming a misprint on your company of employment. I too work for Windstream, although in NE Ohio. Small  world.

Welcome to all the newcomers.

John Henry

Offline finimits

• New Egg
« Reply #1765 on: July 27, 2015, 09:18:09 AM »
Hi Everyone!
Vivek Bhaskar
Charlotte, NC
Parker Hannifin..
Rides a MG V7 Stone 2013

Offline spikemcfinn

• New Egg
« Reply #1766 on: July 27, 2015, 10:33:42 AM »
Hi there friends ( Kia ora ehoa )
Called Spike
I am a New Zealander living in Germany
Wrong side of 50
Lots of bike over the years since my first - an RD350 in the 70s
Mainly Vespas over the past 10 years until my 14 Stone in green - new love ....

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1767 on: July 27, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
Wrong side of 50

Just a child in your 30s or 40s then?   :wink:

Vespas and RD350s are in many of our histories now that we have achieved Guzzidom .....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

3rdbike

« Reply #1768 on: July 28, 2015, 11:59:05 PM »
'Bout time I jump in here...  I'm Stephan Byarlay, 61, live in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I'm celebrating 48 years in the saddle as of June.  (I'm still alive!! :grin:)

My first Guzzi was a new '79 V50II.  Over the years I've had a '79 SP 1000, an '80 SP1000, '00 V11 Sport, '81 V50 Monza, '76 850 T3, '74 Nuovo Falcone, '00 V11 Sport, and just added an '02 Cal EV.  Still have the 850 T3.  You may think I'm slipping as there are some duplicates in the list.  I really did have 2 different SP's and 2 different V11s.  Just a number of years in between them.  I also have an '83 Le Mans III in the garage, but that's a story for later.

Thanks for adding me here, I look forward to camaraderie and education with you members!

JJC1957

« Reply #1769 on: July 31, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »
Hi my name is Joe and I purchased a 2008 Moto Guzzi Norge with 9,000 miles on her, bucket list thing. I am 58 years young and I run a building company in New Bedford, MA but live in Rehoboth, MA. I have been riding motorcycles since 1978 and this is my first Moto Guzzi.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here