Author Topic: Colorado "Not a Guzzi - Guzzi rally" Top of The Rockies Rally July 16-19  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
2015 July Rally in Paonia, Colorado. Escape the heat with a real rally with vendors, entertainment, food, camping, etc. BEST RIDING IN THE STATE. This the best annual rally in Colorado put on by the BMW of Colorado Club. NOT a brand specific rally. Only a few Guzzis show up every year and we need more. Since we no longer have an official Guzzi rally in Colorado, this is a great alternative. I was one of the organizers for our Salida rallies, and now I run registration for this one. July 16-19th. Check out the link and lets make this a great "not a Guzzi, Guzzi rally" Yoi'll love this rally and the town of Paonia.

http://www.bmwmcc.org/tor_rally.php
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:58:16 AM by Archangel »
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
I also live here right in Paonia, so any questions about lodging, local rides, restaurants, etc, etc, I can answer. Beautiful valley with the most organic orchards in the state, local wineries and such.  Rally held just a few blocks from downtown in the town park which is completely canopied with trees. Several people have moved to this area after coming to the rally.
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
I hope some of you Rocky Mountain Guzzisti will take Scott up on his offer.

A larger Guzzi contingent at Top of the Rockies would be great!

I hope to check it out some year, myself!

:thumb:
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

lucydad

Just back from Durango, Ouray, Silverton, Olathe:  Colorado is wet.  Monsoons have cranked up, everything is green and gorgeous and the rivers, streams and waterfalls blowing like crazy.  No fishing except in lakes so far...might improve by late July.

Fourth of July fireworks in Silverton were a ten out of ten.  Have fun!  Oh and 99% of the bikes are HDs.

Wildguzzi.com

Offline AMFrider

• Gosling
I also live here right in Paonia, ...... Several people have moved to this area after coming to the rally.

My good friends Walter and Mary moved there from Denver a year or two ago after attending rallies. I was thinking of going this year, especially since I've not seen them for a while. But after ordering a Kermit chair for the trip, I decided the Iowa rally will be have to suffice. Too many projects around here :thewife: to be gone for probably two weeks or more. Maybe next year.
John N. Finn  Winona, Minnesota

'98 EV
'61 Whitcraft Houseboat (twin Volvos)

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
Looks like the weather forecast for the rally is shaping up to be about perfect. Mid 80's during the day and mid 50's at night. Looks dry too!
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline Archangel

• New Egg
My good friends Walter and Mary moved there from Denver a year or two ago after attending rallies. I was thinking of going this year, especially since I've not seen them for a while. But after ordering a Kermit chair for the trip, I decided the Iowa rally will be have to suffice. Too many projects around here :thewife: to be gone for probably two weeks or more. Maybe next year.

Yes, I know Walter And Mary.  They have been busy remodeling their house. They are planning on helping out at the rally this year.
2022 V7 850 Special
2017 Yamaha XT250
2013 Stelvio NTX - Sold
1995 Cali 1100 - Sold

Offline rocker59

• Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • "diplomatico di moto"
Let us know how it goes!
Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2004 California EV Touring II
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline skippy

• Gaggle Mentor
It was a pretty good time in Paonia this last weekend. The total attendance was just shy of 600. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the lack of motorcycle manufacturer diversity represented being that it is a BMW club rally and all. But dang! There were two Guzzi's, two Ducati's, a dozen or so KTM's, another dozen some odd from the Japanese manufacturer's, two Indian's, and I think three Harley's. And then there was nearly five hundred BMW's. The weather was comfortable if not brisk depending on whether or not one got wet during their Saturday morning ride. The bands were good and the beer garden had some delicious local suds on tap.
Loads of fun.

Skippy   
23 V100 Mandello
20 V85TT

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here