Author Topic: Tired of negativity- Tell us how good your Guzzi has been to you  (Read 15864 times)

Offline charlie b

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Tired of negativity- Tell us how good your Guzzi has been to you
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »
Paraphrased from "A Christmas Story"

charlie b: Dadgummit! Broken cable! [on the highway, the Moto Guzzi has broken a throttle cable]
Mr. Parker: Ah ha!
[excitedly gets off the bike]
Mother: Not again.
Mr. Parker: Twenty minutes... Time me!
[narrator] Actually charlie b loved it. He had always pictured himself in the pits of the Bol d'Or.

ROFLMAO

I also have to admit that I like that.  I was more like the early race drivers who fixed their own cars.  :)

I learned early.  My CB500-4 used to break clutch cables on a regular basis.  Never broke a throttle cable.

Our cars frequently broke down in the old days, especially summers in AZ.  Learned to change Vbelts and radiator/heater hoses when it is 115F outside (we always carried two gal of water in the cars, either for drinking or the radiator, extra section of heater hose and extra water pump belt).

So, yeah, roadside repairs were part of my upbringing.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Penderic

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
Still going!  :thumb:

Offline jdgretz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Proud Owner of a Red Norge
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »
My '07 Norge is certainly the best bike I've ever owned.  Currently 62,000 miles of virtually trouble free riding - especially now that I got the MPH starter fix wired correctly.

jdg
2007 Norge Sophia The Fast Red One
1999 Honda Helix - Zippy
2008 Honda Goldwing

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here