Author Topic: Any experience with Guzzi Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio area?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline desmoface

• New Egg
Any experience with Guzzi Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio area?
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:14:42 PM »
Hey everyone, has anyone had any experience with the dealer in lakewood/mentor, Ohio?  I know how important it is to have a good dealership nearby when considering a guzzi as I'm not mechanically inclined.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Any experience with Guzzi Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio area?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 08:53:11 PM »
That dealer used to post on here I think, can't remember the name though.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline desmoface

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
Hi Guzzisteve, it's clevelandmoto/pride of cleveland.  They have a shop in Mentor and one in Lakewood.

steve

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »
Trying to remember the posters name, might have been a salesman.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 09:01:54 PM »

Offline ibis1

• Hatchling
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »
"All Seasons" in Wooster, Ohio is about 45 minutes away and generally well thought of.  :boozing:
2010 California Vintage (Gone)
1971 750 Ambassador (Gone)
2014 California Touring

oldbike54

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 10:09:34 PM »
Hi Guzzisteve, it's clevelandmoto/pride of cleveland.  They have a shop in Mentor and one in Lakewood.

steve

Isn't that Pocphil . Ohiorider will know , where are ya Bob ?

Dusty

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 06:37:57 AM »
The dealer is Phil Waters. Good guy, and a nice shop. As I work on my own stuff I have had very little need for their services, but I have heard no complaints. I know he has taken on, and solved troubles that other shops had given up on, and resolved them. When the time comes, I will buy a bike from them!

Phil has a nice selection of bikes. Different bikes are located at the two stores. A good selection of V7's at both. A Cali Touring and Custom in Mentor. A Stelvio and new Eldo in the Lakewood store. That (Eldo), BTW, is a demo bike. So if you want to see and touch something specific, I would suggest you call first to find out which location has what you want to look at. If you don't feel the need to kick tires, he does move bikes to the nearest location for you to pick up. (I don't believe he would just bring something over for looking.)

John Henry

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
 If they've got two stores, they must be doing something right.
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline samfrank

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
I bought my 2013 Norge from Phil at the Mentor location. No complaints here. Nice shop with a wide selection. He stocks a lot of Vespas as well. Only complaint is he's in Cleveland and I'm in Pittsburgh.
1973 Eldorado
2013 Norge - moving to Arizona to live with John.
2015 Yamaha FJR1300

Offline Sportsterleroy

• Gosling
    • 1976 Moto GuzziT3 rebirth of da turd
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:44 AM »
   Phil Waters is the owner , and has owned the lakewood store for many years selling motorcycles and scooters. When the eastside guzzi dealer colsed he bought them out and moved to Mentor ohio

He has attend the Ohio Moto Guzzi rally in Zanesville labor day weekend the last 2 years and had demos for all to ride.

Good people to deal with.

Leroy in Cleveland
Leroy
Cleveland Ohio
1977 Moto Guzzi Convert
1976 Moto Guzzi 850 T3
2006 Harley Road glide
1996 Harley Sportster 1200
http://977motoguzziconvertproject.shutterfly.com/
http://1976motoguzzit3rebirthofdaturd.shutterfly.com/

Offline desmoface

• New Egg
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 09:11:26 AM »
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies.  I know the importance of a good dealer as the only remaining ducati dealer destroyed my ST3.  Thanks again.

Steve

Offline Loftness

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 09:21:10 AM »
Heya Steve.  If you have any specific questions feel free to throw them my way.  Beyond that, we're a Piaggio (Guzzi, Vespa, etc) dealer with stores on both sides of town.  We also take in all makes, models and years of motorcycles and scooters for service.  We're more of a 'mom and pop' operation than a big block superstore, meaning that we pride ourselves on building good relationships with our customers.  Please feel free to stop in and say hi and poke around at either store when you get a chance. 

We're also running a demo day next Saturday, though realistically any day we're open is a demo day. 

Cheers,
Fletch
Fletch

2013 V7 Stone
1984 V65sp
1986 Vespa T5
1974 BMW R90/6

Offline desmoface

• New Egg
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 09:51:33 AM »
Hiya Fletch,

Please don't take any offense to me researching your shop as the last dealership that serviced my bike messed it up pretty bad, and I know the importance of dealership support on a brand like Guzzi as there aren't a lot of options in town and I'm not mechanically inclined.  I'm looking for a dealership that's committed to the brand and isn't going anywhere as you are the only game in town - the next closest dealer is 2 hours away. I've spoken to Phil at the Mentor store a few times and I know you guys have been in business for quite some time so you probably aren't going anywhere anytime soon. 

That said, I'm kinda interested in the Griso - and the Wife likes it, LOL; what do you have in stock ?  Also, I was thinking about attending the demo days, in Mentor, but I don't have insurance as I'm between bikes at the moment - I suspect that will be required?  I'm more than happy to take this private if you wish, but I suspect this thread would be of interest to others on the board.  Thanks in advance for entertaining all of my questions.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:52:59 AM by desmoface »

Offline Loftness

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 10:28:42 AM »
Never any offense taken with people interested in our shop.  I generally stay away from shop-specific threads but just wanted to chime in to say hi.  And yes of course, we fully support our brands, and we ain't going anywhere.

We currently have every Guzzi other than a Griso (of course, right?) as we recently sold our last one, but would be happy to order one in for you.  As far as the demos go, all you need is your license showing full endorsement, a helmet and eye protection and then sign our demo waiver and you're good to go. 
Fletch

2013 V7 Stone
1984 V65sp
1986 Vespa T5
1974 BMW R90/6

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here