Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Here in the Ozarks we're blessed with some really WET heat.  :grin: I don't care what you wear, it's NOT comfortable. I have a mesh jacket and douche my t shirt down with water like BBR said.  Also drink LOTS of water.
I have a couple of joe rockets I use. light in color, high vis, and silver. You dont want a black one ! Here in Arizona, the way to ride in summer is with the mesh jacket, a T shirt underneath, and when it gets real hot, I like to wet my T shirt with a water bottle, and let it evaporate dry as I ride. Evaporative cooling!
Rick.
General Discussion / Re: New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by blu guzz on Today at 10:21:52 AM »
The problem for you and me too is the humidity.  For me, it doesn't seem to matter whether I wear a jacket with vents or a mesh, I just cannot really get cool in hot, humid summer weather.  Even dousing your head and shirt with water is not very effective for long.  FYI, I have a tourmaster mesh and as said, it doesn't do much good over 90 when humid.
General Discussion / New opinions on preferred mesh summer jacket
« Last post by brider on Today at 10:05:40 AM »
It's getting near that time 'o year here, and last year I promised myself I'd try a mesh jacket again. Did some searching in the archives here and founds a lot of opinions that confirm my last memory of using a Joe Rocket mesh jacket: They may be very hot anyway, under some conditions. That's why I abandoned my old Joe Rocket.

But there's gotta be something lighter/better than my Tourmaster 3/4 with the liner zipped out and all the vents open in the summer...maybe mesh isn't the way to go?

Opinions on what you like? It's not desert-like here in CT, but a trip going north into mid-Mass can hit 90's with humidity.
General Discussion / Re: Knuckle Duster Head Protectors!
« Last post by dgurovich on Today at 10:01:30 AM »
Woof.

Might have to get some stock and roll my own....  I really like those,  not really a need for them, but hey. 
General Discussion / Re: Why multis are better - Nerd-alert!
« Last post by bacongrease on Today at 09:59:51 AM »

Okay, interesting read.  Top speed and acceleration are no longer of much  important to me. So I am shallow and superficial, sound matters.  My FXR and Stone sound pleasing, so does my 71 CB 750 with a cam.   :bike-037:
General Discussion / Re: Norge UPPER fairing removal?
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:22:47 AM »

OR - You can get a hand suction put to put in and take out like I do.  Got it from Harbor Freight for like $5.00...   * I plan to cut off lower fairing soon anyway to expose engine.

General Discussion / Re: Bad Idea? Norge Sportifed
« Last post by SemperVee on Today at 09:15:34 AM »

NO headlight change, ever.
General Discussion / Re: More accidents
« Last post by blackcat on Today at 09:15:29 AM »

"from NHTSA:

Per mile traveled in 2018, the number of deaths on motorcycles in the U.S. was nearly 27 times the number in cars;
Studies estimate that wearing a helmet reduces the risk of dying in a crash by 37 to 42%; and
Unhelmeted riders are 3 times more likely than helmeted ones to sustain traumatic brain injuries in the event of a crash."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2021/05/31/thinking-of-not-wearing-a-motorcycle-helmet-think-again/?sh=60cd0461301b
General Discussion / Re: Breather hose on V7 Sport
« Last post by Antietam Classic Cycle on Today at 08:58:07 AM »
Great info! I ordered one.  It must be a lot softer than Gates rubber if you were able to cut the end at a sharp angle.

It's non-reinforced hose (no fiber strands molded in) so is easy to cut.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here