Author Topic: Matching paint  (Read 989 times)

Offline gfritzmeier

• Hatchling
Matching paint
« on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:13 AM »
I've got a 2003 Cal. Aluminum and was able to purchase hard bags from a fellow guzziest that matched my bikes color. They were quick release as I wanted also.  I have fixed them so they are no longer quick release because I got sick of seeing them bouncing down the highway behind me.  Needles to say the paint on them got pretty banged up.  Does anyone know where I could get a matching paint color to touch them up??  A little touch up tube won't be enough.   

Ya don't have to believe everything ya think!

Ride All Day,Play All Night!

Offline RinkRat II

• Gaggle Hero
  • Lake Powell AZ
Re: Matching paint
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »

Unless you have the paint code on the bike, you'll have to go to a paint supplier that can computer match the color. Most good ones can put it in an aerosol can for you to make it simple. If you  have the code, some colors are available from Duplicolor in small aerosols. Web search is your friend. I just spent a few days finding the right shade of Red for my Duc, (small town, no computer match system) Good Luck!

Paul B :boozing:
A Miller in the hand is worth two in the fridge.

Offline bigbikerrick

• Gaggle Hero
  • 73 Eldo, 98 V 11 ,12 Ural Gear Up, 76 Convert,
  • Location: Southeastern corner of Arizona, right next to "Old Mexico, and New Mexico"
Re: Matching paint
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »
Hey, I think those were my bags originally, and I sold them to the Guzzisti you got them from.Rob? If I remember correctly......
I can tell by the 2 piece reflectors I made, and the Guzzi eagles.
I found an automotive paint that is a perfect match to the Guzzi paint.
Its Honda car paint  "Seattle Silver Metallic", used on many older civics.
I had a paint shop mix it in Du Pont Nason, and I used the nason flattening agent in the clear, although these days you can purchase automotive clear with the flattening agent already in it.
Good luck on your project!
Rick.
"You meet the most interesting people on a Guzzi"

Quad Lock - The best GPS / phone mount system for your motorcycles, no damage to your cameras!!
Get a Wildguzzi discount of 10% off your order!
http://quadlock.refr.cc/luapmckeever
Advertise Here