Author Topic: triple digits  (Read 1859 times)

lucydad

triple digits
« on: July 31, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
All,

Naw didn't do the ton of the V7R this morning, even down the sweeper from B8 to 59.
Nor am I talking about my Triumph 675 "Mary Anne".

Got up 7 Am and out the door with the small block to ride.  85F even then, and peaked humidity.  Sheesh.  Got a good ride in though and done by ten AM with temps over 95F.  Currently 102F at our house, with feels like 109F.  Only .44 inches rain in July, super dry and the place is burning up.  Dangerous heat, and we have "aghast" starting tomorrow, then peak hurricane season.  Hate this time of year.  Going out early on the Triple to meet my buddy Mitch for Denny's breakfast.  He has cabin fever.  We like their "senior special". 

Guess I will attempt trial four with the Mac consultant lady to fix my laptop. 

Enjoy the summer you guys in the far north. 

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
Re: triple digits
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
50s here and overcast/rain.  It's been raining for three solid weeks.  A pinwheel low is stuck in the gulf of Alaska, so we get one storm on the heels of the last, ad naseum.

lucydad

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »
Rode,

I remember those Alaskan "summers".  Glorious May and June, then July more and more rain, falling into a dismal August, then September is fall, then termination dust, then winter hard by October.  Both AK and TX have pretty extreme climates.  I always look forward to October here.

Fourth Mac consult phone call with lady also a fail.  That is number four or five, I have lost count.  Can't seem to fix this little squirrley laptop.

Ugh. 

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
Reading your take on it, Alaska summers sound very depressing.  The advantage is that it continues through the winter.   :thumb:

Have you asked Kentktk about your mac problem?  He claims to be an expert.  Me, I use my ipad as a backstop for my depends.  So I can't be trusted to give advice in that area.   :wink:

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »

Offline Yukonica

• Gaggle Hero
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 08:56:00 PM »
You guys both depress me. Stop checking the teeth of the gift horse.
We've had a perfect summer here in Yukon.
You know why?
... Because it isn't January.
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline rodekyll

• Gaggle Hero
  • Not my real name
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 02:20:01 PM »
We did not get record rain for July, although we expected it.  Just up the way though, Juneau did.

lucydad

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
Rode,

I am a desert/mountain rat born in SW Colorado.  Moved to AK from WY...so the climate change was quite a shock...don't get me wrong, I loved Alaska...but the endless rains and overcast do not suit my soul...same issues here in Houston depending on the year...

Fricking hot as hell here...

Offline Stormtruck2

• AKA Scotch and Cigars
  • Gaggle Hero
  • Geese Fly in a Proper V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 04:59:21 PM »
91 degrees, dew point 77 degrees, HI 102, RH 69% Wind 24 mph.  Feels like standing with a steam cleaner blowing in your face. Have a roof to finish today.  Yeehah.
If you wish to know what a man is, place in him authority.
False accusations reflect more on the accuser than the accused.
They can take everything from you, including your life, except your honor and integrity.  That you must give away.
Do or don't do. There is no try.
μολὼν λαβέ-molṑn labé

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here